Sakala offering more than Wright and Kent in the wide positions?

He has to start. Just makes things happen and the type of player who can maybe be quiet for a spell and then come to life and produce a bit of magic. He’s definitely ahead of Wright for me who has no end product at all.

So quick and skilful and always so direct making things happen and getting shots away for us. Don't know why he hasn't been given a proper run there yet.
agree, he has more purpose with his runs with the ball

Was thinking this during the game. He's far more direct and dangerous than both as far as I'm concerned.

Different players for me. We’ll need and use them for different challenges. Tonight though we had very few options.

Maybe a poor decision or two, but he has duracell batteries and leaves it all on the park.
MOTM for me in a shyte Scottish winter playing a summer game in stupid conditions.
Good win in a real banana skin game.

Sorry I still have some doubts on Fashion Jnr.
Very likable, and he will run around for you all day, but... he still looks naive, with some of the decisions in, and around the box.
Hopefully he will score more goals, because that is what he is there for!

Good sub to have, especially with his energy.

The fact that he was dropped for Wright and Hagi at times is an effing disgrace.

Wright is absolutely terrible, heart of a mouse.

A great player. I’d have preferred him through the middle tonight but irrespective what a ball of energy and positivity!

If only Sakala, or any of our front three for that matter, could be threatening in the penalty box. Great work outside the box, but when it comes to converting opportunities into goals, it's a poor ratio.

I recall when there were people on here putting Wright ahead of Kent... Kent is still by far our most potent threat.

Sakala had a good game and at least tried things.

So quick and skilful and always direct making things happen and getting shots away for us. Don't know why he hasn't been given a proper run there yet.
100% sakala has made the wide positions his own. Him and kent as wide men are the best options

Kent & Sakala on the wings, having them swapping position on occasion.

Wright is no more than a sub/squad player for me.

Sakala was the difference-maker tonight. Without a doubt. When he's on song he's good, and has so much scope to get even better as he learns to be more composed. If he can do that, he's going far.

Sakala is the answer through the middle and I dont care what any one else says to the contrary.

His pace, playing on the shoulder would terrify Centre backs

He should be starting every game very much like novo there’s always something happening when he’s about

I'd play Lowery on the right over wright.

Sakala should starting there, not over Kent though especially vs them, they are shite scared of Kent.

I'm actually so pissed off with Wright just now and how awful he has been.

He made a stuttering start to his Rangers career but is showing some great worth now that he has settled a bit.

Not sure that he necessarily offers more than Kent (although Kent’s output in assists & goals is poor this season so far) but he certainly compliments Kent on the other side.

Fashion is what we'd all love Scott Wright to be, a player who can reliably fill across all the front three and affect games wherever he plays. Kent has more ability in his pinkie toe than either though, with no disrespect to either.

Sorry I still have some doubts on Fashion Jnr.
Very likable, and he will run around for you all day, but... he still looks naive, with some of the decisions in, and around the box.
Hopefully he will score more goals, because that is what he is there for!

Good sub to have, especially with his energy.
I tend to agree. Watching him tonight, he made some poor decisions around the box and made it easy for the defenders at times, as he always tries to cut in. He needs to hug the touchline more and run at defenders. He has the pace but doesn't use it enough. He is still raw, but he is also young, so hopefully, he will learn.

Wright should be nowhere near the team he’s absolutely rank, has pace to beat a man but runs it out the park half the time

Back