Sakala

Love him. A real simple player in a way. Head run and run at defenders.

Kent sometimes tries far far too hard.

Definitely more than just pace the wee man.

Cracking all round player and will only get better with proper coaching and facilities that I doubt he has had until now.

Said to my mate that Kent might be more technically refined but he tends to drop deep too often and over complicate things. Sakala will just keep bombing at his full back, might not always come off but he keeps at it and it frightens the life out them. Sometimes we need that willingness just to go all out against someone one v one. Not saying always Sakala over Kent but he's showing the way with performances like that.

Best performance in a Rangers Jersey for me, yes he got the hat-trick against Motherwell but imo his all round play was better today. I think that left side is his best position, he absolutely terrorised the Dundee defenders all day long.

There's also that lovely, happy, smiley wee face of his as well. :D
I aageee showed some great moves thought all team played well

He really deserved a goal or two after that performance, If he keeps that up then he’ll be a great player for us.

You could tell every time the ball went to Sakala, the defender was sh!ting himself and just knew he was going to be second best. That’s what we want every game, playing him on the left seems the best option. Great link up with Morelos as well

Very energetic performance today and a wee bit unlucky not to score. He looked to be developing a good understanding with Alfie.

Great performance the day, all that was missing was a goal, great energy and movement love the wee man.

Apart from setting up our equaliser in brondby,scoring a worldie against Ross county and winning us the pen against hivs.
Admit it mate he’s been rank rotten. Benefit of the doubt as he was playing not fully fit. Since he’s came back he’s been very poor

Been a fully paid up member of the Sakala fan club since I set eyes on him.

That level of directness and pace is frightening and something we have not really had for many a year.

On the way home from the game and just caught a bear on Clyde saying he’s not going to fit with us.

Genuinely wondered what game he must have watched today to come to that conclusion.

It turns out he came to that conclusion based on the fact the Clyde ssb reported that he missed a few chances during the game:D

He caused them all manner of problems today and would have had at least a double if it wasn’t for their keeper having a good game.

He’ll be a big player for us going forward. Very direct and will get chances most games he plays.
Bear on Radio Clyde you say?

I had my doubts initially, but he grows on me every game.

Can leap like a salmon and direct a header, works hard has pace (a given), and has plenty tricks in the box but tends to use them when it matters.

Joint MOTM today for me

Against Ross County he was superb

Not sure what game you were watching
So one game means he’s been great?

As a whole this season he’s been poor.

Ryan Kent should be contributing the way the boy Jota for them has been contributing.

Kent has more potential but we hardly ever seem to see it over the course of a season

Not a better footballer than Kent, but sometimes maybe more functional than Kent. Said in another thread, I think a front 3 of Morelos/Kent/Sakala would murder teams

Played really well and but for 2 excellent saves would have scored.
Should have done better with the early chance that he sliced wide but that could be down to not having started many games.
I'd like to see him get a good run of starts under his belt.

Love watching Sakala, his energy enthusiasm is a joy to watch and always looks for a shot a goal which we have been severely lacking, looks like a Ranger now and very impressed by him

He's fast & direct. Something defences hate. The finishing side of his game may need work, but in the long term with Roy Makaay & even JD in the short term, he's got great experience & teachers to get that side polished up.

Really starting to impress now after a shaky start to his Rangers career.

Love him he just seems like such a likeable guy.

Haven't seen anyone mention yet but his presence on left hand side I think helped Barisic today. His pace scares defenders so they drop deeper and midfielder was dropping off which really helped Borna have one of his best games this season

Said to my mate that Kent might be more technically refined but he tends to drop deep too often and over complicate things. Sakala will just keep bombing at his full back, might not always come off but he keeps at it and it frightens the life out them. Sometimes we need that willingness just to go all out against someone one v one. Not saying always Sakala over Kent but he's showing the way with performances like that.
I would lay Kent on the right as he’s two footed and Sakala on the left with Morelos through the middle.

Said in the match thread I think he’s better than Jota yet doesn’t get the fanfare and ultimately he’s actually our player.

The guy is total class playing on the wing. Loads of posters here want him starting central instead of Morelos and I don’t understand it. His best asset is dribbling at defenders.

Must start against the paedos.

I'm not sure if he's better than Jota (who is a good player that I hope Celtic don't sign permanently), but he is a class act who looks like he could score every game in Scotland. He also showed a level of aggression and strength I didn't know he had today, and their defenders couldn't handle him.

Stick him up against Ralston, who's a mid-table level defender that hit a bit of a purple patch, and I think he'd have a field day. I really hope we can see a front 3 of Sakala, Morelos & Kent with Aribo just behind as I think it could be tremendous. Hagi right now should be rotated in or an impact sub.

Love how positive he is.
Great to watch.
Always remember Fergie talking about his best ManU teams and how he told them to take risks. Sakala does this. Sometimes it comes off, sometimes not. Too many of our players were over coached and told to pass back or sideways just to keep possession, aaaaghgghhhh. Great to see Sakala so positive!

A bit of composure and better decision making and he has the makings of a great winger/hybrid forward for us. Definitely isn't a lone striker "morelos" type for us and im glad our management team seem to have sussed that fairly quickly. He will terrorise the handbrake speed SPL defenders this year.

Should play every week with Kent the other side
Definitely, I've always thought Kent is good on that side and cutting in but rarely is played there. I think he'd be better cutting in on to his left foot. Sakala is more suited to the left and we need to get both in the team. Nice problem to have though, great strength in depth. Actually have a better squad compared to last season, they just needed a change I think.

Love how positive he is.
Great to watch.
Always remember Fergie talking about his best ManU teams and how he told them to take risks. Sakala does this. Sometimes it comes off, sometimes not. Too many of our players were over coached and told to pass back or sideways just to keep possession, aaaaghgghhhh. Great to see Sakala so positive!
People will talk about his rawness but we aren't in the market for players who are already the finished article, if we were we would be making a mistake anyway because players who are already the finished article cost more and their value is more likely to depreciate

I actually don't do t think he's too far away either from knocking off the rough edges. Has pace, skill, and can score all different types of goals. Look at Aribo, I've always thought he has the highest ceiling with his ability and physicality but was maybe too shy to impose himself on games. Now looking like the player most of us thought he could be. Sakala has it all in his locker too plus provides competition for Kent and the strikers too

Missed chances but his head never drops and hes always there looking for the next one.

Whatever rawness he has is only going to be smoothed out by starting matches and playing the 90 which is exactly what he should be given the chance to do.

Back