Sakala

Love his attitude to the game and his header against livi was quality but I reckon he does not have the aggression nor ruthlessness to make it at Rangers. To be fair, he tends to be played out wide when I think he is more central. Hope he does well but he has had enough time and yet is still not producing enough.

Is this some kind of riddle?

Kent and Morelos are certain picks. Sakala should play too unless we get someone else in. He is direct like Wright but has far more end product. I like Wright but he's got a bit to go still.

Kent and Morelos are certain picks. Sakala should play too unless we get someone else in. He is direct like Wright but has far more end product. I like Wright but he's got a bit to go still.
Wright has a very long way to go. He creates next to nothing. There’s a player in there but he needs to start producing the goods. Pace to burn but very frustrating.

* just re-read your post, total agreement mate.

Last edited:
Problem is his best position is Kent's position, left of the front 3. Who changes? Sakala on the right?

Which makes it more baffling those three didn’t start against Aberdeen. Especially away from home were teams don’t tend to park the bus.
I was gobsmacked that Wright was chosen ahead of Sakala? He would be my RW/right sided attacker every time. The wee man is always capable of doing something different and making things happen. A player that gets you off your seat.

Poor decision-making 90% of the time. Always looking to shoot when moving across the pitch at pace, which makes it very difficult to get any real purchase on the ball. So many times we had runners which he could have played in. Still love the wee man though.

We've seen him and Kent in the wings knce, and they tore Hearts apart.

Not exactly sure why he hasn't been getting game time but he'd absolutely be starting for me.

Him, Kent and Roofe for the piggery would be my choice (assuming Roofe is here).

Don’t think he was that great, especially considering the opposition. But his attitude was spot on. If he failed, he went again. A good few players in that team could learn something from him.

There's certainly some positives re him and I was surprised he hasn't featured much after doing well at tynecastle but I felt last night he had a lot of poor touches but kept trying and took his goal well.

I like him but he can improve
Eh eh

Great attitude and very brave on the ball without fear of getting hurt. I think given a run he will bring goals and assists. Would fancy his chances against then on 2nd.

A much better footballer than most give him credit for. That mixed with his pace, quick feet and eye for goal. Struggling to grasp why he hasn’t started games all that much.

Direct, lightening quick and a goal threat.

Attitude always faultless.

Starts every week in my Rangers team.
Not sure if it was instruction but I was getting pissed off the amount of times he kept cutting back inside into two or three players when he had space to hit the byline and get a cross in. Hopefully something to work on but he played well last night.

Starter for me but my only thought is he was a bit to predictable always cutting inside. He needs to mix it up a bit more.

He should have been on from the start against Aberdeen.

Pace, directness, ability to beat a man, desire, passion. He may be raw but he just goes and goes and goes no matter if his previous touch was one step over too many or a sclaff at goal from 6 yards out.

He’s got the Ryan Kent mentality. Nothing knocks him down. He just dusts himself down and gets on with it.

Need all the goals we can get in the front line. Agree with other posters that his lack of game time is a bit odd. He'd be starting every week for me.

His lack of game time is strange tbh
Not really, tonight showed why - trying the same thing again and again and not succeeding. Always cuts back inside, never goes past on the outside. You're always excepted when he gets the ball but most of the time it ends in disappointment. Took his goal well but was late against a tired Stirling Albion.

Not really, tonight showed why - trying the same thing again and again and not succeeding. Always cuts back inside, never goes past on the outside. You're always excepted when he gets the ball but most of the time it ends in disappointment. Took his goal well but was late against a tired Stirling Albion.
This is exactly how I seen his performance tbh. Thought he was pretty poor.

I didnt think he was very good. Plenty endeavour but I expected him to beat the full back more often than he did.

Good goal though. Would definitely start him at the piggery.

Think he'd be more effective on the right hand side but considering what we currently have he should be starting more often than not

I didnt think he was very good. Plenty endeavour but I expected him to beat the full back more often than he did.

Good goal though. Would definitely start him at the piggery.
I think he’d probably be better on the right at naturally beating his man.

Easier for cutting in on the other side though

Positives

Fast
Direct
Can beat a man
Doesn't let his head go down

Negatives

Decision making poor at times

GBV and the team have something to work with here.

Took his goal really well last night. The pass from Bakuna was that good that he didn't need to break his stride but one touch and then dispatched into the corner with aplomb.

Should definitely be getting more game time as he's a constant threat to the opposition.

He gives absolutely everything every game and can confirm. I love him.

I think last night shines a light on some deadwood: Bacuna & Barker. Didn’t rate Bacuna at all with exception of a burst of pace around 70mins to stop a counter (where the %^*& did that come from?)

Very good player, with a great attitude. To paraphrase Kevin Keegan: I'd love, love, love it if he played, and scored, against Celtc.

Are we actually sure of that?

He is absolute quality in my opinion and should be starting as he can do things that Hagi can't; but for some reason Gio just doesn't seem to want to pull the trigger with him in the vital league games. Could it be something to with attitude in training that isn't impressing him?

Just speculating of course as I can't work out why he doesn't get more game time.

Back