Sam Cosgrove - £4m

wilso10

Reading reports today that Aberdeen want £4m for Cosgrove, with interest coming from Stoke.

I'm not sure if the Sheep are taking the pissing or not with that valuation because I haven't seen much of this guy, however his goalscoring record this season is pretty good and still only 22 years old.

Is he someone we should be monitoring should we lose Alfie next Summer?

Reading reports today that Aberdeen want £4m for Cosgrove, with interest coming from Stoke.

I'm not sure if the Sheep are taking the pissing or not with that valuation because I haven't seen much of this guy, however his goalscoring record this season is pretty good and still only 22 years old.

He's obviously vital to them but not good enough as a first choice striker at Rangers.

He scores goals, an absolute handful, will probably get better but is he Rangers?

We are improving month by month so certainly wouldn't want to see £4m spunked on him

At £1-1.5M I'd maybe show some interest as a squad player who we could throw on should times get difficult

Can't argue with his scoring record up here and he has caused us problems in the past, but he isn't the quality we need as main striker.

I thought the lad was a clogger/battering ram however, the goal he scored from the edge of the box last week suggests he may actually have more to his game than I gave him credit for.

I haven't seen enough of him but with his scoring record it's not a bad thing the sheep are holding out for a decent price.

He will be ideal for the Championship in England. Don't ask him to go any higher though as his style wont be tolerated by the PL ref's down south.

Championship you still get away with a lot more.

I would cry my eyes out if we went from The Buffalo to him.

He's no where near as bad as some make him out but then he is levels below Alfie.

When the time comes to replace him we obviously wont get similar but I'll bet my house on it he will be better than Cosgrove.

Price seems about fair if I'm honest, particularly to English clubs.

As much as I hate them, I don't blame them for trying to get best fee they can, why should English clubs pay pennies for the decent talent up here. Clubs down south chuck stupid money at other clubs down there so this countries clubs should stop selling ourselves short. I think he's a good player, not good enough for us mind.

He's obviously vital to them but not good enough as a first choice striker at Rangers.

I wonder if we thought the same before we signed Morelos from HJK though?

Definitely takes more than just scoring goals for an average Aberdeen side to make the grade at Rangers I agree, but at at least this guy has so far proven he can score goals in this league and has age on his side.

Be interesting to see how he plays tomorrow night, we'll need to watch him closely.

He'd do well in the championship down south, big physical guy that is a decent finisher. He's not good enough for us though

That valuation is more realisitic unlike donkey McKennas

He might do ok in the English Championship but not for us
Just the point I was going to make.
Cosgrove must be raging at his valuation by the sheep compared to McKennas.

Not near Rangers class but he has developed into a very reliable centre forward. A good target man and ironically exactly what we need at Hearts with our current playing style.

Would probably score a barrel in the Championship because he’s so physical but would be found out at any higher level because of limitations with the ball at his feet. He’s no Pukki in other words.

Mind that hysterical FF thread where folk said we need a target man because Defoe and Morelos were too short!
Queue the 'wee' Buff nodding in 3 outstanding headers against 6ft+ defenders in the space of 4 days.
£4m for Cosgrove or £7m for Kent?
English football is wank

Another in a long line of Giant plodders to come up from the English lower leagues to play This country's form of Soccer/Rugby.Scores a lot of penalties in his stats I believe.Put him in a football team and he'd be like a fish out of water

No problem with them looking for that sort of fee for him.
It’s about time we started getting decent fees for players leaving our league to go south.
Given the market prices in England it’s not an unreasonable value.

He’s ok in a hoofball system, but we actually play the ball on the ground and he would not suit it.

So no thanks.

To be honest, for Aberdeen, it's about time they started selling their assets rather than letting them run down their contracts. If you look at them over the last few seasons they've regularly lost their best players for nothing, leaving them scrambling round trying to replace them on a shoestring.

Are the Scottish media falling over themselves to write articles about this valuation?

I wouldn't say he'd necessarily fit our style of play to be honest as, he doesn't appear to be the most mobile of players. Good goal haul though and Aberdeen are rightly trying to cash in/value him whilst his stock is likely quite high.

He's nowhere near our level but I have to admit I thought his goals would have dried up by now.

Could be wrong, I get the impression he's the kind of player that'll have a good season, move down south and do nothing then come back up here for another team.

Aberdeen seem to think their "star players" should be compared to others on a different planet when deciding a value....

Wonder if they are paying Cosgrave the 10 grand a week a 4m player can expect........
Is this wage ratio actually a thing? Is it football manager stuff? I would imagine it helps the selling club in negotiations but the 30 million 18 year old South American players are on peanuts before coming direct to Europe? Long time ago but wasn’t Duncan Ferguson on yts money before we broke the uk transfer record?
If a player is good enough and there is a bidding war, can’t see his wage being the limiter. Ps not in this case as he’s a big donkey.

He’s a good goal scorer and definitely crucial to the sheep and the way they play, but that valuation is about fair for him. He doesn’t have the technical ability or intelligence to play at the highest level - English championship would be a good move for him.

He’s the kind of player we’d have went for a couple of seasons ago, he’s not good enough to be back up for us now.

Back