Sam Cosgrove - £4m

Wonder what Charlie nickerless says about this valuation :eek: after all he slated Alfredos :mad:

WATP

Every Scottish team should be trying to get every penny they can from down south. We’ve all Been under valuing players for years
100% Amstel the only team who seem to get above value money is the mentally challengeds. Only thing we could learn from them . Cosgrove with his style of play when he got a game would last about 30 mins before being sent off ,not up to our standard and we would have to change our whole style of play to accommodate him.

Back in to defender, take ball down on the chest and fall over. Free kick to Aberdeen and repeat.

Are half his goals not penalties? Either way he’s just a battering ram, he’d be fùck all use in Europe and in tougher fixtures. As a 3rd choice he might be alright.

I’d say its a fair value for him, wouldn’t have him replace Morelos but there’s no denying he’s a decent player, standard of finishing from him is getting better and better

Who said he was mate? Did you read the OP, or thread, before you got all raging?

Reading reports today that Aberdeen want £4m for Cosgrove, with interest coming from Stoke.

I'm not sure if the Sheep are taking the pissing or not with that valuation because I haven't seen much of this guy, however his goalscoring record this season is pretty good and still only 22 years old.

Is he someone we should be monitoring should we lose Alfie next Summer?

I’m in the minority. I’d be interested and that price looks a bit high but not out by the factor of 10 that McKenna’s is.

He’s got a lot of similar attributes to Morelos especially the most important one- he’s improving hand over fist. Also, he’s big but mobile, holds it up and scores all sorts of goals. He’s been scoring consistently long enough to presume it’s who he is and not just a purple patch.

The biggest argument against is the lack of success most Scottish hoof ball forwards have had when introduced to teams who play football.If May, Main, Moult, etc hadn’t stunk when exposed to football I’d be all in.

I’d even go for a January move to give him time to settle before Morelos leaves. Don’t expect Aberdeen would accept it but unsettling their best player is always fun:)

Reading reports today that Aberdeen want £4m for Cosgrove, with interest coming from Stoke.

I'm not sure if the Sheep are taking the pissing or not with that valuation because I haven't seen much of this guy, however his goalscoring record this season is pretty good and still only 22 years old.

If you interpreted me asking if we should monitor him as suggesting he's good enough for us, despite acknowledging I haven't seen much of him earlier in the post, then, I don't what to say but I can't help you.

Maybe some tutoring or something might help but you might be beyond that.

Decent for a team that plays direct or a defensive team that needs an outball to get up the park but would be absolute dogshit for us

No no no no no no no no no and no again.

If you interpreted me asking if we should monitor him as suggesting he's good enough for us, despite acknowledging I haven't seen much of him earlier in the post, then, I don't what to say but I can't help you.

:D

We have had so many posts about this big pudding. No thanks and I'd rather raffle my doughnut than see us have him in our team. This is the same club that wanted 8 million for McKenna and now would probably be lucky to get 1 million.
Why are you upset that they wanted £8m ? It’s their player and why would they undersell one of their better players for pennies.
If they came out and said they wanted £2m they might get £750,000 .
Scottish football has undersold for too long, if the riches are to be had from shit teams down south we should screw every penny out them.
We have sold players recently for shrapnel with no sell on clause for the buying club to punt later for big bucks such as Waggy we get £2m a year later he is punted for £8m

I’m in the minority. I’d be interested and that price looks a bit high but not out by the factor of 10 that McKenna’s is.

He’s got a lot of similar attributes to Morelos especially the most important one- he’s improving hand over fist. Also, he’s big but mobile, holds it up and scores all sorts of goals. He’s been scoring consistently long enough to presume it’s who he is and not just a purple patch.

The biggest argument against is the lack of success most Scottish hoof ball forwards have had when introduced to teams who play football.If May, Main, Moult, etc hadn’t stunk when exposed to football I’d be all in.

I’d even go for a January move to give him time to settle before Morelos leaves. Don’t expect Aberdeen would accept it but unsettling their best player is always fun:)

Morelos > Cosgrove is a depressing thought.

He's a decent big player for Aberdeen's particluar style of "football". Certainly not for us.

He's a decent big player for Aberdeen's particluar style of "football". Certainly not for us.

Decent with that style could be great with us you never know how a player will react to playing under Gerrard and the training at Ibrox. God we are only 18months after signing Jack who was a dud by most accounts on here yet look at the difference in 18months.

I think the big dykes at livi is a shout also but I fear for anyone who comes in because of how hugely important and personality Morelos is to the team, replacing him is going to be one of the hardest player replacements I can ever remember Rangers trying to make, not impossible however.

£4M?

I don't think he's good enough for us but he has a good record (albeit with penalties) and is young. Seems reasonable to assume they'll get close to that. I could see a Championship side paying that.

Last edited:
If he is worth £4m I will eat my hat. He isn't long up from the English lower leagues, Carlisle I think. Aberdeen are trying to act like their mentally challenged friends by way over inflating values. He is big, strong and aggressive so suits our terrible over physical league, in the Championship they play football so he would be lost.

My honest opinion the guy Molt from Motherwell was a better player of a similar type. I'd say £1m if the English Club are daft enough, if not £500,000 to £700,000.

A move to one of the better Championship sides would be best for all parties.

Aberdeen will get a decent fee.

Cosgrove will get a pay rise and the chance to push for promotion to the EPL.

His new club will get a proven goalscorer.

At no point should we consider Cosgrove to replace Alfie but £4 million is a realistic price for a player who’s consistently near the top of the goal scored lists

Reactions: dmg

ZN1w3Ri.gif

Christ on a Penny Farthing

Seems like everyone else “misread” your OP too eh...

Seems like everyone else “misread” your OP too eh...

Have you read the FF match threads by any chance?

You'll never be alone in the loony bin on here pal, don't worry about that.

I repeat, for simpletons, at no point did I suggest that we sign Sam Cosgrove, go back and read it, slowly.

I actually find myself hoping it’s true.

If the general value of SPFL players rises that can only be a good thing for us.

Have you read the FF match threads by any chance?

You'll never be alone in the loony bin on here pal, don't worry about that.

I repeat, for simpletons, at no point did I suggest that we sign Sam Cosgrove, go back and read it, slowly.
You literally asked should we be looking at him? And i said no. Only one loony her “pal”

Same as Lyndon Dykes and big Ikpeazu for Hearts. They can appear effective because of their style. However, it's a completely different style to what we play. If FF posters were the gaffer we would be a route one team, such as the limited knowledge of the sport.

Firstly, you didn't say "no".

Secondly, what exactly did you hear?
No i said he isnt good enough, which he isnt. And iv heard it all now because its mental for it to even be considered, we should only be watching him as part of scouting the sheep as a whole for playing them. Nothing more.

If you think we should be looking at him thats your opinion. But considering him coming in if Morleos leaves? Its a no from me.

Plenty others have said the same but your choosing to vent your anger on me. Quote everyone else who thinks it’s ridiculous if your that offended.

No i said he isnt good enough, which he isnt. And iv heard it all now because its mental for it to even be considered, we should only be watching him as part of scouting the sheep as a whole for playing them. Nothing more.

If you think we should be looking at him thats your opinion. But considering him coming in if Morleos leaves? Its a no from me.

Plenty others have said the same but your choosing to vent your anger on me. Quote everyone else who thinks it’s ridiculous if your that offended.

But that's not my opinion, how many times do I have to say this to you (and others in the thread)?

I haven't seen much of the guy other than the odd performance against us and some highlights, I don't know enough about him to suggest he would be a good signing for us.

Hence, in my OP, I asked the question to those who possibly had seen more of him given he is drawing interest from elsewhere at a £4m evaluation.

I'm not venting anger whatsoever, however it is a bit tedious when folk clearly don't read the post or are quick to jump to ridiculous conclusions without taking a breather first.

But that's not my opinion, how many times do I have to say this to you (and others in the thread)?

I haven't seen much of the guy other than the odd performance against us and some highlights, I don't know enough about him to suggest he would be a good signing for us.

Hence, in my OP, I asked the question to those who possibly had seen more of him given he is drawing interest from elsewhere at a £4m evaluation.

I'm not venting anger whatsoever, however it is a bit tedious when folk clearly don't read the post or are quick to jump to ridiculous conclusions without taking a breather first.
I did read the post, theres no point in me repeating what i said again but hes not good enough. How youve taken what i said and turned it into me jumping to ridiculous conclusions is beyond me.

I did read the post, theres no point in me repeating what i said again but hes not good enough. How youve taken what i said and turned it into me jumping to ridiculous conclusions is beyond me.

Well, that doesn't surprise me either.

Why are you upset that they wanted £8m ? It’s their player and why would they undersell one of their better players for pennies.
If they came out and said they wanted £2m they might get £750,000 .
Scottish football has undersold for too long, if the riches are to be had from shit teams down south we should screw every penny out them.
We have sold players recently for shrapnel with no sell on clause for the buying club to punt later for big bucks such as Waggy we get £2m a year later he is punted for £8m
Its more about us giving them 4 million for him. Not a chance. Like McKenna he is vastly over rated but if Birmingham or Derby want to spunk 4million then charge on. I did find their valuation of 8 million on McKenna very steep but if someone wants to pay it then that's what he's worth

I actually think that's a fair evaluation for him if English clubs are sniffing about him. Certainly a lot more reasonable than their price tag on McKenna.

Back