Sam Cosgrove rejects move to French side Guinigamp

4T34PIf.gif

As much as I don’t particularly like him I would like British players to try abroad, like John Bostock or Chris Smalling.

It actually angers me , that’s a team and lifestyle people would give their right arm for . Guinigamp is in Brittany in north west France free from all the bullshit going on in the south and around Paris and with a settled wee community of less than 10,000 people . They have culture and castles and it’s an hour back to the uk if need be . I cannot understand knocking that back . Fcking absurd .

If they were willing to pay £2.5 million for him they were surely offering him far higher wages than at Aberdeen?

Weird to see him turn that down, unless he has other offers on the table.

This, you have to wonder what goes through a players head when it comes to offers abroad. I'd jump at the chance! He'll be playing league 1 football in a couple of years!
Harry Forrester is always the one I think of in these situations, who at the age of 18 or 19 had the once in a lifetime opportunity to sign for Ajax.

He rejected them for Brentford.

It actually angers me , that’s a team and lifestyle people would give their right arm for . Guinigamp is in Brittany in north west France free from all the bullshit going on in the south and around Paris and with a settled wee community of less than 10,000 people . They have culture and castles and it’s an hour back to the uk if need be . I cannot understand knocking that back . Fcking absurd .
He must think he's options down the road for better money.

Madness not to go. What a move for him to play in France and make a name for himself. One good season and a move to the ligue 1. He's a decent big player btw, a handful and very physical if not the most cultured.

Definitely must have an inkling that there are other clubs after him. Chairman must be raging though. Talking about all the hundreds of thousands they are hemorrhaging and he refuses to go :)

What a mug . He could’ve gone to a nice part of the world and made a life for himself and his family . Played in a far better more relaxed league . What a clown knocking that back .

Amazes me somebody could take the view that Stoke or Derby is the preferable move. Even if didn't work out in France there would be opportunities in England for a big target man that scores a decent amount of goals.

What it does show is the transfer market outside of our horrible little country is alive and kicking with player values holding up not the uncertainty that the Scottish mhedia would have you believe We must hold out for top dollar if selling any of our players there is always a market for decent players

3m for him? In the current climate i simply dont beleive it.
There is no current climate outside of this shithole of a country the transfer market is still strong look at the recent transfers of Sane and Werner for example

Spot on. Nice part of the world, good culture and it's not Aberdeen! The boy is clearly an ar*e to reject that.

There is no current climate outside of this shithole of a country the transfer market is still strong look at the recent transfers of Sane and Werner for example
Mate your talking about elite wealthy clubs, you cant compare that with a donkey from aberdeen going to the 2nd div in France.

Spot on. Nice part of the world, good culture and it's not Aberdeen! The boy is clearly an ar*e to reject that.
Everyone is different, maybe the thought of living in a small town doesn't appeal to him? Maybe he doesnt want to move to France? Bit bizarre to call him an arse cos he doesnt have the same outlook as yourself to be honest.

I agree, however I can only think there may be discussions of a better offer elsewhere being discussed behind the scenes.

As much as I dislike the guy and hate Aberdeen, isn't it a bit bizarre giving the guy pelters for not upping sticks and moving to a different country, different language and a different culture. If he's loyal to Aberdeen then that's commendable despite being a horrible club. But he will probably be hoping to stay in the UK especially if he has a young family. Just maybe the lads got his head screwed on.

Imagine him playing the way he does in a European league. He'd get sent off every other game.

Nothing more than a battering ram.

As much as I dislike the guy and hate Aberdeen, isn't it a bit bizarre giving the guy pelters for not upping sticks and moving to a different country, different language and a different culture. If he's loyal to Aberdeen then that's commendable despite being a horrible club. But he will probably be hoping to stay in the UK especially if he has a young family. Just maybe the lads got his head screwed on.

Yes.

But let’s be honest, he’s just worried about moving there because they don’t speak mongo.

Back