Sam Cosgrove rejects move to French side Guinigamp

He’d do alright there.

Ligue 1/2 is a lot more physical than people think, there’s a reason it’s so popular with British clubs when it comes to transfer targets, so it’d probably suit him.

Last edited:
Looks like I’m going against the grain here but I’d definitely have him at Ibrox

The number one objective of this season is winning the league , to do that we need to consistently beat the smaller teams , in Cosgrove you have a guy used to Scottish league and a consistent scorer in a poor team with limited opportunities

It’s all very well craving a big signing but you need someone to put the ball in the net, be it billy Dodds, Boyd or whomever

I think he’d make a great understudy / plan b for Morelos leaving

Nobody knows personal circumstances, Maybe his wife has a good job here she cant leave, or have children in school they dont want to disrupt, but most likely he has had word that another club he would prefer to go to is interested. so I dont think it's fair to jump in on him with out knowing everything.

In saying that, If I where a player I would try my hardest to play abroad in as many different places as possible just for experience alone.

Looks like I’m going against the grain here but I’d definitely have him at Ibrox

The number one objective of this season is winning the league , to do that we need to consistently beat the smaller teams , in Cosgrove you have a guy used to Scottish league and a consistent scorer in a poor team with limited opportunities

It’s all very well craving a big signing but you need someone to put the ball in the net, be it billy Dodds, Boyd or whomever

I think he’d make a great understudy / plan b for Morelos leaving
Fair enough mate, would need to alter his game drastically though. Commits about 4x as many fouls as Alfie. I’m sure in the 2-2 game he had made something like 9 fouls, not all of them tippy tappy stuff.:))

Usually the first to decry British players not going abroad but is a bog standard middle of the table Ligue 2 club that much of a step up in terms of quality and finance ?

Could easily get himself a decent move financially down south.

What a mug . He could’ve gone to a nice part of the world and made a life for himself and his family . Played in a far better more relaxed league . What a clown knocking that back .
His family may be settled and happy where they are with their friends and he may not fancy going to live somewhere that he doesn’t speak the language. Happiness should always come first before money.

Back