Sam Cosgrove - Striker At Aberdeen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Žižka

Seeing this fella has 15 goals in 16 games this season across 3 tournaments.

6 goals in 8 in the league.

3 in 2 league cup games.

6 in 6 euro league qualifiers.

I think he will be off in the January window if he keeps this record up.

Here's the hypothetical part... If we lose Alfie at this time, may or may not happen (hopefully not), and decide to bring 2 strikers in, would Cosgrove be a good yin of 2 for us to go for?

Proving himself on a weekly basis with much mediocrity around him and is continually improving, my thoughts.

I would like him in our squad of strikers, a fine option. Ideally Alfie, Jermain and Cosgrove if not a heavy fee.

No idea what sort of money Aberdeen want for him, what would be an acceptable fee for FF should he become an option?

I think he is pretty decent, his record is now standing up over time but..... but....

There is a difference between playing up front for Aberdeen and Rangers.

It is the touch, technique, control, the football circumstance you play in.

Lafftery last season is a decent example of it, he was fine, but just not Rangers fine in that you need to do your work in a shorter space of time than you are given at a Aberdeen or Hearts.

Aye, just as a general thing.

The line about a player scoring a penalty now and then, thus meaning less, it is a load of shite that.

if your team are getting penalties they are doing it because coaching designs and players are doing their bit to strain and test a team that they have no option other than to give away a foul leading to a penalty - as a method of stopping.... a goal.

A lot of that comes from the work of a Number 9 for instance... or the attacking work of a right sided full back for instance.

In football you will get a penalty now and then, handy having a player who can score them.

Half his goals are penalties. Although that sort of outlook is frowned upon when discussing Tav’s goal tally and ‘a goal is a goal’ so i’d assume most here would be quite keen on him as an alternative striking option for us.

I'll say no, why because at Aberdeen he gets away with being a brute, as soon as he's at us. He'll get pulled up for it every single time.

Aberdeen rate him at 5m. Now, we can laugh at that, but they sure as shit aren’t going to sell him to us for less than a ridiculous fee and for a third choice striker it would be a waste of money.
Is the right answer there will be better value on the continent it's up to our scouts to find the players that fit the bill

Last edited:
Sell Alfie for £15-20m, get Cosgrove for £5m = you've got a like for like replacement and £10-15m to spend elsewhere on the team, no-brainer.

Doing business with Aberdeen would stick in my throat.
But if it was for something that we couldn't get elsewhere for the same price then I would get it done.
However, I don't think this player is that.

Same goal tally as Morelos in an inferior team so he has done well, one less goal in the league than Morelos last season as well.

Sell Alfie for £15-20m, get Cosgrove for £5m = you've got a like for like replacement and £10-15m to spend elsewhere on the team, no-brainer.

giphy.gif

£15-20m shouldn't even get you at the table let alone buy Alfie. IMO we should spend around half what we get for Alfredo on a replacement and the other half on the rest of the team.

IMO we can get better than Cosgrove for the money we'll get for Alfie though. Zero chance he is going in January btw.

The people that think shankland and cosgrove are good enough to play for us should get a ban.
Can’t believe people are wanting arfield, ojo, Aribo, Tav, goldson, Kamara dropped but want lumps of wood like cosgrove in the team.

The people that think shankland and cosgrove are good enough to play for us should get a ban.
Can’t believe people are wanting arfield, ojo, Aribo, Tav, goldson, Kamara dropped but want lumps of wood like cosgrove in the team.
Shankland and Cosgrove would be a good third striker but as a replacement to alfredo - your having a laugh

Cosgrove is a good player, he suits Aberdeen and Scottish football.

He is good in the air, quite quick and can finish. He is only 22, so there is possibilty of growth there.

Having said that, It's very difficult to judge if a player can adapt to the pressures of playing for Rangers and having to perform week in, week out.

Shankland and Cosgrove would be a good third striker but as a replacement to alfredo - your having a laugh

When we play one striker Defoe is cover enough however if we get to the stage we need a 3rd choice striker mebude would be a better and cheaper option than cosgrove. Jamie Murphy also played as a striker in his early career but I’m sure an ojo, Kent or jones would get us by for a game or 2.

Really, a ban for a suggestion that isn't a song?

We have Dykes suggested in this thread and unless i'm mistaken, he was a championship player last season.

He's only 22, which I was surprised to learn, so he's got age on his side.

But he looks pish, he doesn't do anything outside of the box and to me, he seems like the kind of guy who'll bang goals in for a season or two before it dries up completely. He's not got enough ability to maintain the current scoring record.

Looking at stats online, I think 8 of his 15 are penalties which tells the real story.

The only way we are winning this league this year is if Morelos stays the whole season, and is fit.

Replacing him with any of the jokers in this thread will see us finish 2nd, again.

Cosgrove is not the worst forward about, but if we want to win things we don't have the likes of him and the boy from Livingston as our #9.

We have moved on from being linked with the likes of him and Moult etc, thank f/ck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back