Sam Cosgrove - Striker At Aberdeen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he better than many give him credit for? Probably

Is he good enough for Rangers? Probably not

Would we get him for a reasonable fee? Absolutely no chance

It's a pass from me

Really, a ban for a suggestion that isn't a song?

We have Dykes suggested in this thread and unless i'm mistaken, he was a championship player last season.

The pish on here since yesterday has been unreal. We drew at tynecastle and while hearts have been poor of late is always a difficult place to go and when teams are on that sort of run it can be even more difficult. While everyone was getting sucked in by the likes of Hugh keevins saying it’s an easy 3 points it only adds to hearts determination to put in a performance.
Now if we want to push ourselves to the next level is cosgrove, dykes or any other spl player for that matter good enough to come in and replace Alfie. No!
We were never going to go the rest of the season without dropping points but the hysteria over wanting players dropped and bang average players to come in and replace them is ridiculous.
I’m absolutely certain if Kenny deucher was still banging them in for Gretna his name would have been mentioned on here at some point over the past couple of days.
The lack of support the team has had on here since yesterday is shocking and it’s not a bandwagon I would want to see myself jumping on.
So to answer the question, yes ban everyone who spouts this cosgrove etc hysterical nonsense

Guys like Ikpeazu, Shankland and Cosgrove are allright for taking a punt on if you can get them on a bosman or for a few hundred grand. Not worth playing the money they would cost with years on their contracts.

The pish on here since yesterday has been unreal. We drew at tynecastle and while hearts have been poor of late is always a difficult place to go and when teams are on that sort of run it can be even more difficult. While everyone was getting sucked in by the likes of Hugh keevins saying it’s an easy 3 points it only adds to hearts determination to put in a performance.
Now if we want to push ourselves to the next level is cosgrove, dykes or any other spl player for that matter good enough to come in and replace Alfie. No!
We were never going to go the rest of the season without dropping points but the hysteria over wanting players dropped and bang average players to come in and replace them is ridiculous.
I’m absolutely certain if Kenny deucher was still banging them in for Gretna his name would have been mentioned on here at some point over the past couple of days.
The lack of support the team has had on here since yesterday is shocking and it’s not a bandwagon I would want to see myself jumping on.
So to answer the question, yes ban everyone who spouts this cosgrove etc hysterical nonsense

What pish have I posted? Reasoned argument and stats not cut it?

If you go through my post history since yesterday, no hysteria as you put it posted anywhere, not even a knee jerk post from me.

A goal a game from a 22 year old striker is bang average in your book also.

My support of the team has me looking at alternatives should Alfie leave and also if he doesn't, as stated in my OP.

You who is hysterical here.

I think we will try and get Dykes. Katic said he’s one of the best strikers he’s came up against.

I’d rather go for Dykes as a cheap option to Alfie & Defoe.

Gave us & them more trouble than Cosgrove.

Younger, Pacier & a better touch too. He has scope. 500-600k I’d suggest.

Edit - You’re right. Dykes has just turned 24 & Cosgrove is 23 in December Jan.

Last edited:
Sure why not sign him and Izpeaku up and then we can spend 90 minutes shelling high punts into the box. At least it would make some people happy that they could watch “proper fitba” again.

When we play one striker Defoe is cover enough however if we get to the stage we need a 3rd choice striker mebude would be a better and cheaper option than cosgrove. Jamie Murphy also played as a striker in his early career but I’m sure an ojo, Kent or jones would get us by for a game or 2.

Jamie was a striker as a kid. The only issue is that his physique hasn’t developed to be strong enough to be a striker at our level, defo not a ‘first’ striker anyway.

Very clever & a great finisher to still be an asset to us imo.

Sell Alfie for £15-20m, get Cosgrove for £5m = you've got a like for like replacement and £10-15m to spend elsewhere on the team, no-brainer.
if Rangers sell Alfie for less than 25 million the new director of football should be sacked.

He is a poor, poor footballer. The only reason he gets away with it at Aberdeen is because he is managing to find the net, but even their fans aren't sold on him.

I honestly think I might cry if we sold Morelos & we brought him in.

He'll follow the normal SPL superstar path. Sign for an English championship team, gradually lose his place in the team, and just when you're about to say "whatever happened to what's his name?", he'll turn up at Hibs or Dundee Utd on a free.

I’ve got nothing personal against Cosgrove, but he’s an extremely limited football player who will only work in a hoofball outfit like Aberdeen and even at that his stats are padded with penalties (yes they count obviously but he wouldn’t be hitting them for us).

Add to that he’d spend more time suspended than on the pitch if he played with us plus the ludicrous fee Aberdeen would want and it’s a fanciful suggestion.

Sorry Jan, didn’t know that. Pretty amazed at Cosgrove being so young mate.

The way I see it is, at 22 and worth a goal a game to a shite top flight team, he is worth considering.

Given Alfie and Jermain aren't the tallest, he seems a decent shout.

However, as stated previously, I had no idea of dolly's valuation so too much for a 3rd option whether Alfie leaves or not, I agree.

The way I see it is, at 22 and worth a goal a game to a shite top flight team, he is worth considering.

Given Alfie and Jermain aren't the tallest, he seems a decent shout.

However, as stated previously, I had no idea of dolly's valuation so too much for a 3rd option whether Alfie leaves or not, I agree.

Yes, my thought is on a 3rd striker rather than as a replacement to Alfie, or Defoe for that matter, too.

Have to say I still think Dykes is a better player & would be much cheaper too.

What pish have I posted? Reasoned argument and stats not cut it?

If you go through my post history since yesterday, no hysteria as you put it posted anywhere, not even a knee jerk post from me.

A goal a game from a 22 year old striker is bang average in your book also.

My support of the team has me looking at alternatives should Alfie leave and also if he doesn't, as stated in my OP.

You who is hysterical here.

The hysteria is collective not just aimed at you. I just can’t see how anyone would think he would be any good for us. If we had beaten hearts yesterday would you be posting about buying this dumpling.
The stats are he’s scored 7 from open play or something. I don’t see anything to say he merits a move to us. I’ve also watched him several times and don’t think he’s any better than Ikpeazu, dykes, kamberi or any other striker in the league.

It would be interesting to know out of all his goals how much he has created for himself. People look at goal returns and think it means it’s a great striker sometimes it has more to do with the delivery and balls into him. Stats never tell the whole truth.

Yes, my thought is on a 3rd striker rather than as a replacement to Alfie, or Defoe for that matter, too.

Have to say I still think Dykes is a better player & would be much cheaper too.

Dykes is only now tasting our top flight at 24, still young enough to improve.

He has this season and 2 more at Livi contractually though.

I think they would want more than £500,000 for him.

The hysteria is collective not just aimed at you. I just can’t see how anyone would think he would be any good for us. If we had beaten hearts yesterday would you be posting about buying this dumpling.
The stats are he’s scored 7 from open play or something. I don’t see anything to say he merits a move to us. I’ve also watched him several times and don’t think he’s any better than Ikpeazu, dykes, kamberi or any other striker in the league.

It would be interesting to know out of all his goals how much he has created for himself. People look at goal returns and think it means it’s a great striker sometimes it has more to do with the delivery and balls into him. Stats never tell the whole truth.

Aye.

I've already stated it's on the strength of a Birmingham based paper and Alfie re. Gumsy at Tynecastle.

England's 2nd city believe he's off to Villa.

Would be too much outlay for a back up, which is what he would be.

Does offer something different though and is certainly effective. Will get a move to upper end league 1/mid to lower championship imo.

Aye.

I've already stated it's on the strength of a Birmingham based paper and Alfie re. Gumsy at Tynecastle.

England's 2nd city believe he's off to Villa.

Do you honestly believe if Alfie left cosgrove could be a replacement. I would like to believe if a player left we would be looking for better than what we had if we got good money rather than like for like

Cosgrove is in the same category as Louis Moult who scored regularly for Motherwell. Decent against average opposition but can’t imagine Rangers being interested.

Do you honestly believe if Alfie left cosgrove could be a replacement. I would like to believe if a player left we would be looking for better than what we had if we got good money rather than like for like

Do you not think that if Alfie leaves, we would bring in at least 1, maybe 2 strikers?

Given I had no idea of the big fellas value, what's your problem with a real different type striker at 22 year old and scoring a goal a game for a duff team, in the top league?

That is his record this season and it's impressive. He is too expensive at prices mentioned.

Given you have ruled out all spl guys and Shankland (his name now appearing) who would you want whether Alfie leaves or not?

Can't see it.

Defoe is here until the summer at least so if Alfie were to go in January, I think / hope we'd be looking at much much better than Cosgrove to replace him as our first choice striker.

Big, bustling centre forwards don't really fit with the style of football we play.

And playing for Rangers, would be heavily penalised by referees. The big boy Ikpeazu for Hearts yesterday would have seen red playing like that in a blue jersey.

I just look at him and think "rugby playing sheep shagger".

Really don't want to see us ever revert back to the thuggish CF just cause it works in our shit wee league.

Let the spfhell rot, we will ply our trade in Europe and play like a European team.

Do you not think that if Alfie leaves, we would bring in at least 1, maybe 2 strikers?

Given I had no idea of the big fellas value, what's your problem with a real different type striker at 22 year old and scoring a goal a game for a duff team, in the top league?

That is his record this season and it's impressive. He is too expensive at prices mentioned.

Given you have ruled out all spl guys and Shankland (his name now appearing) who would you want whether Alfie leaves or not?

Kenny deuchar had a good goal scoring record, didn’t make him Rangers material.

I’ve no idea who would be available and at what cost

Kenny Deuchar isn't playing top flight just now though, is he?

So with no alternative or cost idea, you wade in and dismiss all the while calling for a ban?

Have a wee look at yourself.

Aye coz Sam cosgrove is a great alternative. Sorry I’m not a scout or don’t have all the info on available players, their contracts and their costs. Let’s just accept dumplings since I’m not doing the ground work for our scouts.

Is sandaza still about he had a decent scoring record in the spl haha

Aye coz Sam cosgrove is a great alternative. Sorry I’m not a scout or don’t have all the info on available players, their contracts and their costs. Let’s just accept dumplings since I’m not doing the ground work for our scouts.

Is sandaza still about he had a decent scoring record in the spl haha

No reasoned argument from you at all, none. He's a goal a game dumpling. :eek:

Empty vessels...

No reasoned argument from you at all, none. He's a goal a game dumpling. :eek:

Empty vessels...

I think watching him and telling you I’ve watched him is reason enough. You aren’t cosgroves da by any chance are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back