Sam Cosgrove - Striker At Aberdeen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cosgrove is a good player, he suits Aberdeen and Scottish football.

He is good in the air, quite quick and can finish. He is only 22, so there is possibilty of growth there.

Having said that, It's very difficult to judge if a player can adapt to the pressures of playing for Rangers and having to perform week in, week out.
We'll get him to wind down his contact and join us on a free, bonus of having the Sheep spewing again ala Jack.

No. He is a big lump and not really good, just like izpeaku what's his face. Would like tabs to be kept on Dykes and see if he could improve and be consistent. He looks good in games. But not as first choice obvs should Buff move on.

7 of they goals are penalties granted his goal on saturday was a peach but other than that he's shite

Think that is a bit unfair. He might not be Alfie but to score so many goals this and last season in a pretty ordinary Sheep side shows a reasonable ability.

Liam Boyce was the leagues top scorer not too long ago. He’s playing for high flying Burton Albion.

Can’t get too carried away about players that score goals in this league.

Last edited:
No thanks
Cosgrove represents everything that is wrong with Scottish Football and the way it is played , ditto Livingston with Dykes and Hearts yesterday.

He's not for The Rangers but I hope he's up for it next week, top two playing 3 & 4. Everyone wanting the other to do them a favour, exciting times

How can Cosgrove be an English League One striker at best when he's scoring in Scotland's top tier and in Europe for a poor Aberdeen side?

You can't laugh at his goal record because there are penalties in there then get upset when people talk about half of Tavernier's goals being penalties.

He's a better striker than Dykes who many have said we should make a move for and although he's a different type of striker to Shankland, he is a much better player. He's also superior to Ikpeazu.

In a game like yesterday where we were static and pedestrian and aiming long, you are better with a striker like Cosgrove than Defoe - did Defoe even touch the ball? Chipped balls up to Defoe are absolutely pointless.

Cosgrove is a handful who at 22 still has plenty time to improve. The money Aberdeen would want makes it a no go as you can buy better.

The Aberdeen version of Andy Johnstone.

He wouldn't get on our bench never mind first team.

Hes a big lump a I prefer men.

How can Cosgrove be an English League One striker at best when he's scoring in Scotland's top tier and in Europe for a poor Aberdeen side?

You can't laugh at his goal record because there are penalties in there then get upset when people talk about half of Tavernier's goals being penalties.

He's a better striker than Dykes who many have said we should make a move for and although he's a different type of striker to Shankland, he is a much better player. He's also superior to Ikpeazu.

In a game like yesterday where we were static and pedestrian and aiming long, you are better with a striker like Cosgrove than Defoe - did Defoe even touch the ball? Chipped balls up to Defoe are absolutely pointless.

Cosgrove is a handful who at 22 still has plenty time to improve. The money Aberdeen would want makes it a no go as you can buy better.
So much a handful he should have been sent off against us and again the following week v Hibs , how do you think he would fare in a Rangers jersey?

So much a handful he should have been sent off against us and again the following week v Hibs , how do you think he would fare in a Rangers jersey?

3rd choice, probably doesn't make the bench most weeks. He's a better player than the three players I mentioned that FF spunk all over - Shankland especially.

How have other SPL/Scottish Premiership players fared in a Rangers jersey. Keep getting told that Gerrard and co have the ability to bring players on further. Cosgrove has improved since first joining Aberdeen.

3rd choice, probably doesn't make the bench most weeks. He's a better player than the three players I mentioned that FF spunk all over - Shankland especially.

How have other SPL/Scottish Premiership players fared in a Rangers jersey. Keep getting told that Gerrard and co have the ability to bring players on further. Cosgrove has improved since first joining Aberdeen.
Not for me on any level , sorry I’m out.
Also meant fare in a Rangers jersey disciplinary wise given his “combative” style of play.
For the record none of the three are either but if pushed I would go for Shankland who would be better suited to our style of play -football.

Last edited:
Id have signed big josh and shankland for next to nothing in the summer would give us some different options having only 2 centres is just weird. Dont know much about Cosgrove but a physical forward wouldnt be a bad idea not at 3 or 4 or 5m though thats mental.

In saying that until the boss accepts you need to adapt and change formations in this league i dont see us winning it, sadly. And thats before we start on dishonest refereeing which some may see is more of an issue than who we bring in.

One is an international striker, scoring at the very highest level, the other will never play for his country.

Seeing this fella has 15 goals in 16 games this season across 3 tournaments.

6 goals in 8 in the league.

3 in 2 league cup games.

6 in 6 euro league qualifiers.

I think he will be off in the January window if he keeps this record up.

Here's the hypothetical part... If we lose Alfie at this time, may or may not happen (hopefully not), and decide to bring 2 strikers in, would Cosgrove be a good yin of 2 for us to go for?

Proving himself on a weekly basis with much mediocrity around him and is continually improving, my thoughts.

I would like him in our squad of strikers, a fine option. Ideally Alfie, Jermain and Cosgrove if not a heavy fee.

No idea what sort of money Aberdeen want for him, what would be an acceptable fee for FF should he become an option?
DW4R6a9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back