Sam Lammers update

Obviously suited to Dutch football and not m/any other leagues. Didn't do it in Italy, Germany & Scotland. Whether that's his mentality or style of play or both I'm not too sure.

Hopefully he moves onto a Dutch club permanently for a decent fee

Folk saying 'deserves a chance for Clement to have a look at him' are aware that he played under Clement for 3 months and it was Clement who ultimately dropped him and agreed to loan him out?

We know he doesn't have the mentality to play for us. Scoring goals for the Kilmarnock of the Netherlands doesn't change that at all.

Folk saying 'deserves a chance for Clement to have a look at him' are aware that he played under Clement for 3 months and it was Clement who ultimately dropped him and agreed to loan him out?

We know he doesn't have the mentality to play for us. Scoring goals for the Kilmarnock of the Netherlands doesn't change that at all.
Some players just don't work out at some clubs.

Clement sent him out on loan, and that's proven a great decision as we may actually recoup a fee for him.

If we can get a deal done early and get money in for Clement to spend, that's the ideal scenario.

I don't think Dessers lacks aggression. He puts himself about well enough for me. It's just he's as likely to lose the ball in the process. Lammers, by contrast, has great feet but lacks the aggression needed. If only we had a player with the attributes of both.
Imo it's a Jelavic type that's needed.

It was a big financial stretch at the time but Walter Smith knew the quality he was buying, and blew almost all our budget that year on him.

Imo Jelavic covered up for a lot of deficiency throughout that team with his goals and assists which ultimately culminated in a league title.

Despite the obvious limitations in this Rangers team, both midfield and Defence, I'm convinced if Beale had just spent his budget more wisely on a proper Striker, Rangers would already have wrapped up this league.

Imo it's a Jelavic type that's needed.

It was a big financial stretch at the time but Walter Smith knew the quality he was buying, and blew almost all our budget that year on him.

Imo Jelavic covered up for a lot of deficiency throughout that team with his goals and assists which ultimately culminated in a league title.

Despite the obvious limitations in this Rangers team, both midfield and Defence, I'm convinced if Beale had just spent his budget more wisely on a proper Striker, Rangers would already have wrapped up this league.
Couldn't agree more and said the exact same thing to my mates at the weekend. A clinical striker can mask/solve many deficiencies in a team. If we had brought in a Miovski or a Shankland in the summer instead of the likes of Lammers then the league would already be ours, in my opinion.

Couldn't agree more and said the exact same thing to my mates at the weekend. A clinical striker can mask/solve many deficiencies in a team. If we had brought in a Miovski or a Shankland in the summer instead of the likes of Lammers then the league would already be ours, in my opinion.
Exactly.

Such is the poor standard in this league, most goals are conceded by simple defensive lapses or by opportunism rather than brilliance. A proper Striker is constantly waiting for that mistake, even in a packed defence. Crucially though when these chances arise you need someone in place capable of taking advantage. That's what Rangers have been missing since 2012. Don't know about you but I'm tired of waiting.

Exactly.

Such is the poor standard in this league, most goals are conceded by simple defensive lapses or by opportunism rather than brilliance. A proper Striker is constantly waiting for that mistake, even in a packed defence. Crucially though when these chances arise you need someone in place capable of taking advantage. That's what Rangers have been missing since 2012. Don't know about you but I'm tired of waiting.
Spot on mate. I often feel whenever we buy a striker it's with Europe in mind, so we avoid buying natural goal poachers even though 90% of our games really require this. Until we start having a few natural goal scorers in our squad every season then we won't win what we want domestically every year.

This place is mental a times, we want Wright almost given away, and Clement plays him, but we think we can get £3m for a player we hate even more :))
Not for us but seems to be doing it in Holland, so prob fair valuation. Laudrup wasn't having a great time in Italy and came here - Rest is history.

Mate he's far too powder puff for our league. Fact of the matter is we do play against teams that are back to wall tactics. He had scored something like 9 goals in 3 years previous to coming to us. He should never have been signed in the 1st place.
Which I was pointing out davyboy! His form was there in a league who play open football, he gets to play in his own position and doesn't need to worry about creating space more important he doesn't need to worry about being clattered because of wearing our strip!

you would've convinced me of your argument if you had used more exclamation marks!
Yes I did mistakenly or over used a few lol sometimes, well a lot of the time my brain and body are out of sync I guess constant day and night pain won't excuse me my friend?

I want to convince you ref so !!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

About to conk out so goodnight ref have a good one

Back