Sam Lammers update

Just not cut out for it here.

The whole point of the loan deal was to hopefully recoup some cash.

Hopefully he keeps up the good form, even if Utrecht can't afford him some others clubs may come in and we may just about get our money back.

Hope we get a deal that's suits us and him at the end of the season.
He's probably, for me scored our goal of the season against Dundee at Dens Park.

Why did we not try Lammers as a centre forward? Not saying it would have worked but a bit surprised if that's his strongest position.

I could understand Beale not playing him there as he obviously had his own plans but thought Clement would have given him a go there

Why did we not try Lammers as a centre forward? Not saying it would have worked but a bit surprised if that's his strongest position.

I could understand Beale not playing him there as he obviously had his own plans but thought Clement would have given him a go there

At the time both Cantwell and Lawrence were out and he was the only option as a 10 but it was very strange that Beale signed him to play that position despite playing as a striker his entire career.

Delighted for him, this season must have taken a mental toll.

Hope he gets a great move but most of all I hope we only sign guys with careers on the up from now on.

Stop signing players who have had clear bad spells hoping we can change that, it very rarely works.

Good player.

Maybe getting a confident version of him back could be a good thing.

Happy for the lad.

Like the rest it’s not his fault that we’ve overpaid for a player that doesn’t suit our team/the league. He’s gone out loan to prove himself and looks like he’ll earn a good move out of it.

Evidently a good player who's confidence and therefore Rangers career was destroyed by that charlatan Beale. Played out of position with no idea what he was meant or be doing, by Beales over complicated "tactical" setup. By time Beale was gone his confidence was completely in the bin and there was no way back.

Good to see him doing well in Holland, hopefully we make good money off him.

Delighted for him, this season must have taken a mental toll.

Hope he gets a great move but most of all I hope we only sign guys with careers on the up from now on.

Stop signing players who have had clear bad spells hoping we can change that, it very rarely works.
Or players with bad injury records hoping that their bad luck with injuries is over.

Clearly a huge mental issue. The guy only performs in Holland. Given the price, we’re basically hoping AZ and Twente war out bids for him. There are no alternatives.

Glad it's working for him now...he's clearly just not suited to the pressure of an Ibrox crowd.

We paid £3 million. If we can get that back and let Clement spend it elsewhere then the loan has been a success for all parties.

And many on here would have released him for free or 500k. Loan move was a great idea and could now easily get £5m
Problem is who is going to pay that. The team he is with don't pay money for transfers. Theblast 3 years their transfers have been £1m max. Yes hopefully other Dutch teams see potential but not guaranteed.

Problem is who is going to pay that. The team he is with don't pay money for transfers. Theblast 3 years their transfers have been £1m max. Yes hopefully other Dutch teams see potential but not guaranteed.
Twente are interested in him for cash. H&H mentioned this 2 or three months ago

They wanted him last summer but were outbid by Beale....

The narrative should be ‘He’s a Rangers player, the loan has worked to build his confidence ahead of the new season so has been a huge success, he’ll report for preseason’.
Not ‘please give us our money back or anything close’.

We are the worst negotiators going, honestly.

Back