Same line up vs Killie

giogaddi

Provided they are all fit according to the gaffer. Absolute bonkers. Apparently they need to 'prove themselves'.

surely he cant start windass again and play the wee man up there alone.......................................

Sounds OK to me. Let's not panic - and there aren't a load of great alternatives, to be honest.

At face value, you can perhaps see his reasoning behind the idea, but if we fail to win convincingly it's another nail in the coffin for him.

So is the objective for them to prove themselves or for the possibility of an exit strategy?

Holt for Pena with Dorrans at #10 and Nemane in for Windass would be an instant improvement.

Would it? Holt has been widely written off here and Nemane is an untried kid. We comfortably won the two games before the semi so let's see if we can get back on track.

Would it? Holt has been widely written off here and Nemane is an untried kid. We comfortably won the two games before the semi so let's see if we can get back on track.
We've never been 'on track' under this manager sadly. One step forward, five steps back it seems to be.

Holt for Pena with Dorrans at #10 and Nemane in for Windass would be an instant improvement.

Holt for Pena would be fine, although while Windass is very hard to watch I don't know if Nemane offers anything more.

In saying that, to quote a fellow fan at Hampden yesterday 'for fucks sake take Windass off, you don't even need to put on a replacement, just take him off!'

Holt played and played well in those two games did he not? 2 assists iirc.

He would certainly try a leg which is more than can be said for Pena.

Nemane looks raw yes but let’s be honest it’s difficult to offer less than Windass does to us at the moment, worth a shot.

Windass has had his chance (many times). The kid is gutless and he'll hide on Wednesday with the pressure that will be on the players. I'd love him and the rest to prove me wrong, but like I said last night, I've given up trying to convince myself there is a player there in Windass.

Windass and Pena should be dropped after that yesterday. They were utterly abysmal.
For who? We don't really have a winger that we can bring in.

We can go 2 up top but not sure that will work.

Only realistic option is Holt + Jack sitting with Dorrans ahead of them.

Holt played and played well in those two games did he not? 2 assists iirc.

He would certainly try a leg which is more than can be said for Pena.

Nemane looks raw yes but let’s be honest it’s difficult to offer less than Windass does to us at the moment, worth a shot.

Holt tries, I'll give him that. Pena plays a different role and has scored a few goals. I wouldn't start Nemane yet, I'd look to give him some more runs from the bench and see how it goes.

Strange if he's aiming for that. I'm sure they'll be brimming with confidence and willing to do their best for him after his comments. They should remain professional at all times but we all know what footballers are like.

well Pedro has officially lost it

If I was holt I would be telling Pedro to ram it

how can he possibly justify Pena(the worst i have ever seen) and Windass starting

It’s like Groundhog Day again. He can pick the same 11 on Wednesday, hell they might even turn up with a bit of fight in them and beat killie. But those same players would not surprise me if they then went to Murray field on Saturday and got pumped by a shit hearts team. Depressingly there would be No suprise in that outcome at all.

There will be at least 2 changes.

Wes will be back and I reckon Cardoso will be struggling with a busted nose.

3 points is non negotiable.

All the Kilmarnock manager has to do is tell his players to get stuck in to the Rangers players and there bottle will crash depressing

Got to be Holt for Pena or Windass more central and a start for Nemane.

Pena cannot start after that performance.

We really need to come out the traps and get an early goal to settle the team. Perhaps giving the same starting eleven is giving them a chance to prove a point. It's imperative we win with a bit of style but any win should do.

I hope this is some sort of mind games. Why would you give out your team 3 days before a game. All that does is give your opponents time to prepare.

I hope this is some sort of mind games. Why would you give out your team 3 days before a game. All that does is give your opponents time to prepare.

Most of the players that played on Sunday are usual starters for us at the minute.

Caixinha appears to be throwing down the gauntlet to the players to rectify their performance levels. Let's hope it has the desired effect.

At the game it looked to me like we had 10 men with Pena. I honestly don't think he had more than a dozen touches of the ball.

And I'm depressed enough without watching it back.

Watch it again and watch who was playing the through balls for so many of our chances.

Pena certainly wasn't the worst out there yesterday.

An instant improvement? Holt has been widely ridiculed, rightly or wrongly, for providing absolutely no substance in the middle of the park, and we've seen very little of Nemane.

I particularly don't care much for Windass, but there is no one in the squad that didn't play yesterday that can provide an "instant improvement".

I think it's now clear that our problems are a little more inherent than tinkering with the starting 11.

People criticising Pena should take a look at the match again!

Holt for Pena is not an improvement!
I seen enough at Hampden yesterday. I've defended Pena more than most however that performance yesterday was utterly unacceptable from him. He was hiding.

Watch it again and watch who was playing the through balls for so many of our chances.

Pena certainly wasn't the worst out there yesterday.

Considering he has very little responsibility to defend and has almost free reign in an attacking sense, he was absolutely dreadful.

Back