Same tactics tomorrow against Ross County ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beale's comments in the press conference make me think we'll see Cantwell instead of Sakala as he'll expect Ross County to sit deeper and not try to play out from the back quite as much.

They won't be like a Livingston or Motherwell, but they won't be as open as Hearts just were, so it's a very different challenge.

I reckon we'll be on it from the first minute whether County try to pack their defence. Beale wants more goals. I think we'll see it tomorrow.
Hearts fancied a result against us for some reason and we took them apart. County will be trying to play on the counter and spoil the game but I see a big win tomorrow.

Same intensity and pressing I hope but there will be changes to the 11 (as there always is)

Cantwell to start possibly at the expense of Sakala and could see a Lundstram / Jack / Kamara rotation

Quick pass and move from the first minute and the ball over the top to cause chaos as we did at Tynecastle. ?

A fast start yes, but doubt we will have as much room to try and get in behind.

Really looking forward to the game following our midweek performance.

Beale's comments in the press conference make me think we'll see Cantwell instead of Sakala as he'll expect Ross County to sit deeper and not try to play out from the back quite as much.

They won't be like a Livingston or Motherwell, but they won't be as open as Hearts just were, so it's a very different challenge.

Sakala is exactly the player we need in these games, imo. He caused Hearts no end of problems when running into space past their defenders. I can't see us trying to slowly play our way through a packed County wall tomorrow.

We all know County will park the bus and venture out for the odd wee shitey counter attack.

Going to be a frustrating afternoon up against anti football but I'll go for 2-0 Morelos x2.

Quick pass and move from the first minute and the ball over the top to cause chaos as we did at Tynecastle. ?

Don't expect County to come on to us and be as accommodating as Hearts were, unfortunately.

They will defend much deeper and there won't be a lot of space in behind.

Possibly see Cantwell in and Sakala dropped for more guile than pace.

But then again why change a winning team, nice to have these options, especially when the team is winning.

Don't expect County to come on to us and be as accommodating as Hearts were, unfortunately.

They will defend much deeper and there won't be a lot of space in behind.

Defenders don't like being forced into mistakes by opposing forwards with pace, which is why I'd opt for Fashion tomorrow.

That would be the obvious selection change.

Sakala is at his best, when there's plenty space to run into, as we saw on Wednesday.

Cantwell may be more effective for picking gaps in a packed, deep lying defence and midfield.

Defenders don't like being forced into mistakes by opposing forwards with pace, which is why I'd opt for Fashion tomorrow.

It would be harsh to drop him after his performance on Wednesday night, but I think Cantwell may start ahead of him tomorrow mate.

I think Sakala is a cert to start in cup final though.

With the strength and depth of our squad now, it'll be horses for courses.

I reckon we'll defend deep and let them come at us, and hopefully we'll snatch something on the break. Bound to be a tight game.

Ball over the top to an 11 men behind the ball strategy may have some issues imho B-D

We may not be able to catch them open by pressing high or play passes in behind them, but there is no excuse for not playing as quick as we did against Hearts.

One of the few games Kamara and Lundstram have both won the ball back and either carried it up the pitch or released it within seconds rather than fannying about with it.

Off topic slightly.

Something that stuck out for me was our MF positioning while we applied intense pressure.

I noticed Lundstram commanding two players either side of himself on the edge of the box, ready to recycle cleared/headed balls from the box.
We choked them by swarming the last third of the pitch, which worked very well, underlined by us having the ball in their net 6 times.

Their defenders will rarely have possession of the ball to force them into errors.

Can't press a team that don't have the ball.

We may not be able to catch them open by pressing high or play passes in behind them, but there is no excuse for not playing as quick as we did against Hearts.

One of the few games Kamara and Lundstram have both won the ball back and either carried it up the pitch or released it within seconds rather than fannying about with it.

Because there was space in front and open rangers players to do it

We will play at the same pace, but it will be a very different game as I doubt Ross County will be as open.

They will flood the midfield and try to bog us down as much as possible.

Same tactics for Hearts away and Ross County at home? I suspect not. It's not Gio we have. A totally different game but of course we should be moving the ball fast. There will be no 'over the top' though.

It will be the same team with Cantwell instead of Sakala.

Hopefully a good 15 to 20 minor Raskin and some minutes for Hagi.

The fact county will play a very defensive game and wasting tactics will make it impossible to play like Wednesday. But stil expect 4 or 5 goals

We must give them a doing tomorrow. I’d expect at least 4-0. But RC are not a bad wee outfit, not very good but defensively well drilled. We just need to get them with the steamroller and bulldozer effect

Over the top is likely to be half way along Edmiston Drive.
There is no way County are going to be as “expansive” as Hearts tried to be so, no, probably not the same tactics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back