Sands & Kamara unfair criticism for last night

The biggest problem last night was Hagi getting stupid early booking. He is always likely to pick up an odd yellow for poor tackle but does battles. After early booking didn’t put a tackle in or battle all night.

That Kent was by and large cr@p I agree with, but neither instances when he was carded were actual offences. Same with Tav's yellow.

Sheer corruption and consider the c;;t whose only thought was to have a boot at Sakala when he made a break in the second half and laughs it off at the subsequent free kick.
I‘m not in any way trying to deflect from the refs performance , it was there for all to see , but it was also very predictable and certain of our players were too easily sucked in , we need to be wiser to it all.

The biggest problem last night was Hagi getting stupid early booking. He is always likely to pick up an odd yellow for poor tackle but does battles. After early booking didn’t put a tackle in or battle all night.
Agree , hence my comments about our players needing to be wiser to what’s going on.

In the first half Bassey gave the ball back/away 11 times, Morelos 10 Wright 6 and Kent 6. The front 3 did very little linking play and in the main gave it away very easily. The majority of the time the ball by passed the midfield.
Correct assessment. When we had possession we gave the ball away far too easily when pressed, and that was all over the pitch.
Sands was one of the very few to get pass marks for me. Kamara had a shocker by his standards.

In the first half Bassey gave the ball back/away 11 times, Morelos 10 Wright 6 and Kent 6. The front 3 did very little linking play and in the main gave it away very easily. The majority of the time the ball by passed the midfield.

Yep. Although I think Morelos was fighting lost causes a lot of the time, likewise Kent. Wright really did surrender the ball very easily.

The midfield wasn’t close / brave enough to take the ball off the back 4 and wasn’t close enough to the attack to support them. Balls forward to our forwards were also shit.

I‘m not in any way trying to deflect from the refs performance , it was there for all to see , but it was also very predictable and certain of our players were too easily sucked in , we need to be wiser to it all.
Don’t tackle or challenge

Both fairly criticised, felt for Kamara holding the midfield on his own at times. Sands highlighting that new signings may not immediately make us better. Definitely a player in there but this is his chance before everyone else is. I’d play them both together Friday as it happens

Regarding Kamara ,no matter what his “job is” no danger he’s being told when kent and Wright make runs and if you play it forward 30 yards we’re in ,don’t do it , to turn and play it 5 yards safe is 100% on him , at least twice it happened last night and as a fan it’s frustrating to watch

Regarding Kamara ,no matter what his “job is” no danger he’s being told when kent and Wright make runs and if you play it forward 30 yards we’re in ,don’t do it , to turn and play it 5 yards safe is 100% on him , at least twice it happened last night and as a fan it’s frustrating to watch

Safety first seems to be our way.

That is abject nonsense. The two you mention weren’t making runs and Morelos was static. It is far better to retain the ball than give it away on a Hollywood pass. Both Kamara and Sands kept the ball better than the front 3.

Why is it unfair?
They allowed has beens like Brown and Hayes to boss the game.

That's a bit unfair mate.

Brown never bossed the game, but he'd Ferguson alongside him and Hedges and Ojo playing narrow too, so it was basically 4 against 2, when they had possession.
Unfortunately, Hagi is an absolute passenger in comparison to Aribo, when the opposition have the ball.

Don't really know how Kamara and Sands can be blamed for Hayes having a good game, as he was playing left back.
That would be more an issue for Scott Wright.

Unfortunately, the fact we were missing 4 top international midfielders all at the same time came back to bite us, as it would for any team.

A Rangers midfield 3 of Kamara, Arfield and Aribo ahead of them, would've dominated the game for us.

People keep blaming them for the midfield being poor last night - imo they were hung out to dry by the system. When you go with those two sitting in front of the back 4 and then instruct Wright & Kent to hug the touchline, and Hagi to get beyond the striker I'm not sure how you can ever expect your midfield to control the game. Aberdeen were getting bodies in there, outnumbering them and giving them no options to play to. Don't believe it was GVB's intent to have them control the game in the first place. They were there to protect the back 4 and screen our defence (which they did well considering we didn't give up many chances), while we look to go long into our forward players.

A look back at Sands highlights from last night and you can see he is a good player imo. Last night was the wrong movie for him:

I would guess that Hagi was supposed to drop in take the ball and drive with it but it didn't really happen.

Agree with everything you said but with Aribo, Arfield, Jack, Davis all out I'm not sure we had many other options. Suspect we played the two 6s to make sure Sands had the support.

One option imv would have been to put Kent in as a deeper lying 10, get the ball into his feet behind thier midfield line and allow him to dribble. That would have forced thier midfield back and given us some space.

Kamara went missing at yet another difficult away ground.. its a common theme with him.

As soon as it gets physical he retreats into his shell.

Tough debut for Sands.

Team far too easily bullied last night. Didn’t look up for the physical fight. We are still SO soft.

Just stood back and allowed Brown to influence the referee as well. Players should have been going mental.

We weren't bullied mate, there was hardly a tackle in the game worth talking about.

This is probably the least physical Aberdeen side for years.

A back 4 of Ramsey, Bates, McCrorie and Hayes has no real physicality in it.
No McKenna, Consodine, Taylor or Gallagher going through our forwards.

I don't remember once when Brown done any of our players and there's no Cosgrove or Main up front now either.

The 1-1 draw was down to Rangers not playing well and Kamara and Sands getting outnumbered in midfield because Hagi is a passenger when the opposition have possession.

Absolutely nothing to do with physicality.

Kamara went missing at yet another difficult away ground.. its a common theme with him.

As soon as it gets physical he retreats into his shell.

Tough debut for Sands.

Really?

I've lost count of the times Kamara has totally dominated McGregor, Brown, Rogic and whoever else they've tried and failed in midfield against him.

He's ran the show for us at every tough away ground in Scotland and as recently as Tynecastle a few weeks ago.

If Kamara disappears in all these tough away games, how come we've only lost 1 in about 18 months, won the league by 25 points last season and are 4 points clear this season?

The fact that Kamara has played in virtually all these games, yet "hides" in the tough ones according to you, suggests he isn't very good at hiding.

We weren't bullied mate, there was hardly a tackle in the game worth talking about.

I don't remember once when Brown done any of our players and there's no Cosgrove or Main up front now either.

The 1-1 draw was down to Rangers not playing well and Kamara and Sands getting outnumbered in midfield because Hagi is a passenger when the opposition have possession.

And we made it even more difficult to compete by actually playing Kamara & Dands that deep that for a large part of the game they weren't even competing in midfield give the opposition control of the game
Madness for me & is one of the main reasons for the poor overall performance

People keep blaming them for the midfield being poor last night - imo they were hung out to dry by the system. When you go with those two sitting in front of the back 4 and then instruct Wright & Kent to hug the touchline, and Hagi to get beyond the striker I'm not sure how you can ever expect your midfield to control the game. Aberdeen were getting bodies in there, outnumbering them and giving them no options to play to. Don't believe it was GVB's intent to have them control the game in the first place. They were there to protect the back 4 and screen our defence (which they did well considering we didn't give up many chances), while we look to go long into our forward players.

A look back at Sands highlights from last night and you can see he is a good player imo. Last night was the wrong movie for him:

Certainly the wrong game to pitch him in.

How were they bullied? 21 fouls doesn't indicate being bullied. Not all were fouls but we were making more challenges.
Agree about Brown - Tav or Goldson should have been telling Clancy about the cheating twunt.
...and that would've changed his performance in what way? A cheating cvnt is a cheating cvnt.

And we made it even more difficult to compete by actually playing Kamara & Dands that deep that for a large part of the game they weren't even competing in midfield give the opposition control of the game
Madness for me & is one of the main reasons for the poor overall performance
Yip.
Whatever the gameplan was, it simply didn't work.

Spot on.

Yip it’s was poor night never got to grips and it was clear from start its move on to the next game WATP

The midfield was overrun

Hagi had a shocker and was anonymous
Sands was anonymous
Kamara was largely anonymous
Wright wasn’t great
Kent was about our only chance of an out ball and doing something

When 4/5 of your players that are in midfield or track back aren’t at the races, it’s never going to end well.

So many people would rather just label a player pish and bleat on about them being bullied or hiding instead of looking at the whole picture. Wonder what anyone gets out of making up some weird fantasy that Kamara hides in away games tbh.

That is abject nonsense. The two you mention weren’t making runs and Morelos was static. It is far better to retain the ball than give it away on a Hollywood pass. Both Kamara and Sands kept the ball better than the front 3.
Kent was away once the first half a diagonal he was in , Kamara played it to to tav , no excuse

Kamara was absolutely terrible.

His ability to slow down an attack and let all the defenders get back into position is unparalleled.

His negativity on the pitch is a major concern, someone should tell him you can pass forward and shoot from time to time.

I dont care what anyone says on here, we missed Steven Davis and Scott Arfield forby Big Joe.

I know they are injured but Davis and Arfield have had plenty rest.

The midfield was overrun

Hagi had a shocker and was anonymous
Sands was anonymous
Kamara was largely anonymous
Wright wasn’t great
Kent was about our only chance of an out ball and doing something

When 4/5 of your players that are in midfield or track back aren’t at the races, it’s never going to end well.
The biggest problem was Bassey and Morelos giving the ball back to Aberdeen.

Entire team were poor last night but for anyone to write off Sands after 1 game is mental.
Without writing Sands off I don't see what he will add to the starting 11, maybe more a comment on the type of player he seems to be as appose to him particular I feel he falls into the McCrorie, Zungu, Halliday type bracket just not the type of player we need I can't see goals/assists or midfield domination in his game. Harsh i admit given one game but with the limited run-outs with the likes of Bacuna you can see potential/skill that we miss at least but I just cant get excited about Sands...

Entire team were poor last night but for anyone to write off Sands after 1 game is mental.
[/QUOTE}

The level of bipolar hyperbole on display on FF is extremely worrying. There are some fantastic posters who have great insight into Rangers and the game in general but, unfortunately, there are far too many who display behaviour which is, quite frankly, concerning.

Really?

I've lost count of the times Kamara has totally dominated McGregor, Brown, Rogic and whoever else they've tried and failed in midfield against him.

He's ran the show for us at every tough away ground in Scotland and as recently as Tynecastle a few weeks ago.

If Kamara disappears in all these tough away games, how come we've only lost 1 in about 18 months, won the league by 25 points last season and are 4 points clear this season?

The fact that Kamara has played in virtually all these games, yet "hides" in the tough ones according to you, suggests he isn't very good at hiding.

It's been a common theme since signed by Gerrard.

When we're playing well he's outstanding and at the heart of everything we do.

When we aren't playing well as a team he struggles to assert himself on the game.

Pittodrie
Tannadice
Easter Rd
Dens Park
McDermit

At no point in any of the above games this season did Kamara take control of the midfield for us.. all poor team performances and close games we either won by the odd goal or dropped points in.

And I suggest you go back and watch the game at Tynecastle because he certainly didn't "run the show". The stats back that up.

I like Glen, he's had some outstanding performances for us but for a player with his ability I expect more when the going gets tough.. he's the guy we should be looking at to bring some calm and composure in games like Tuesday.

It's been a common theme since signed by Gerrard.

When we're playing well he's outstanding and at the heart of everything we do.

When we aren't playing well as a team he struggles to assert himself on the game.

Pittodrie
Tannadice
Easter Rd
Dens Park
McDermit

At no point in any of the above games this season did Kamara take control of the midfield for us.. all poor team performances and close games we either won by the odd goal or dropped points in.

And I suggest you go back and watch the game at Tynecastle because he certainly didn't "run the show". The stats back that up.

I like Glen, he's had some outstanding performances for us but for a player with his ability I expect more when the going gets tough.. he's the guy we should be looking at to bring some calm and composure in games like Tuesday.

Both him and Sands got outnumbered on Tuesday night.

Hagi will never replicate what Aribo or Arfield give you as an attacking mid.

He won't pressure the opposition's defensive mids the way they would, which gives them far more time to dictate play.
You end up virtually playing with just 2 midfielders.

It was far from being a physical game on Tuesday night.
Kamara's tackle, that caught Ferguson's ankle, was probably the worst tackle of the night and even it was nothing major.

We never dictated, bossed or got control of the midfield for the majority. The midfield had no protection from Wright and Hagi, Kent too. Wright especially gave Hayes far too much time and space. Early yellow hampered Hagi in regards to trying to win the ball back.

All over the park we surrendered possession far too cheaply, McGregor gave possession away on 13 occasions and had a pass completion of 52%/54% from the back - utter garbage. Bassey too thinking he was some sort of ball playing CB that brought the ball out of defence then passed to a man in red.

A junk performance all over with so many mistakes, errors and failing to get a grip of the game in a number of areas all over the park.

Sands was okay. Some of his one touch and pass was good, problem was when it hit Wright, Hagi, Kent or Morelos, the end product was not there. Seems like we took an eternity to win the ball back too.

Both him and Sands got outnumbered on Tuesday night.

Hagi will never replicate what Aribo or Arfield give you as an attacking mid.

He won't pressure the opposition's defensive mids the way they would, which gives them far more time to dictate play.
You end up virtually playing with just 2 midfielders.

It was far from being a physical game on Tuesday night.
Kamara's tackle, that caught Ferguson's ankle, was probably the worst tackle of the night and even it was nothing major.

I never mentioned it being physical.

I agree the way Gio set us up played into Aberdeens hands.. but I still expect more from someone like Kamara.

I never mentioned it being physical.

I agree the way Gio set us up played into Aberdeens hands.. but I still expect more from someone like Kamara.

I expected more from most of our team, including Kamara mate.
I'm not disputing that it wasn't a below par performance.

Goldson, Tavernier and Bassey (probably in that order) are the only ones who played to a decent level imo.

Kamara was below his usual standard but Sands I thought did fine. Thrown into a crazy game like that with a dodgy ref and a team playing their cup final, he wasn’t anywhere near our biggest problem on the night.

Kamara deserves every bit of criticism for Tuesday IMO. He is the experienced midfielder with all the talent. It’s his job to put himself out there and drive the team forward, regardless of how far outside his comfort zone it is. We needed him to step up with Aribo and Arfield missing.

Sands was thrown into a difficult situation but kept it neat and tidy and put a few decent challenges in. Which is all you can realistically ask of the boy in his first game with a new team.

Watched the second half again and it really isn't as bad as is being painted however our ball retention was still poor and the main culprits for losing the ball carried on in the second half.
Bassey was worse again giving the ball away 8 times Wright would have beaten him with 5 before being hooked as would Morelos who gave the ball away/lost it 6 times.

Regarding timings for Suck:

46" Wright gets fouled Clancy plays on and seconds later blows for a foul by Kamara (setting a precedent)
47" Wright manhandled into the box. He was still being pushed when the ball was played so a foul and a booking but nothing. The cross was met by Rameries and then Brown blootered over but it should never have got that far.
50" Free kick against Moreles the ball coming off his boot and brushing his hand.
54" Tav's shot blocked by Bates - Wrights lay off was slow allowing the block!
56" Brown runs across Morelos stopping him closing down Bates - ignored.
57" McCrorie eventually booked
59" Wright pushed from behind slides into Brown who collapses - foul against Wright
64" - Kent after a great run kicks the ground - Funashi would have got a pen!
70" - Tav gives away the corner when he should have had a call as either McGregor or Goldson could have cleared easier.
71" - Push on Borna - ignored
71" - Penalty against Morelos despite his arm not being in an unnatural position and he's pulling his hand away. No complaints from the players - I guess they don't know the rules either!
72" - ball moved off the penalty spot - retake only if it was missed.
74" Hayes barges Kent foul only
75" Hayes brings down Kent and has a fly kick but misses. Gets up and gets into Kent's face. Kent gets fed up with his mhanky breath and gives him a shove. Clancy who somehow found himself behind Hayes immediately flashes yellow at Kent and then books Hayes.
80" McClellan has a kick at Fashion tripping him - no attempt at the ball. Pity was Brown was about to bring him down!
81" - Goldson stretches to a cross and puts it back across the goal. Should have at least hit the target or left it to Basey who was right behind him.
82" Morelos brings out a good save from Lewis. Goldson tripped by McCrorie should have been a penalty and a sending off.
83" Ball is on right side Brown clears as Kent runs across. Brown goes down like a hooker at Aberdeen Docks. There was no contact but Clowncy had the cards out immediately.
84" Lewis is out his goal having words with Kent. Brown laughs and points Kent off the pitch.
89" Hayes taps Bornas nose to feel where it is and follows up with his forearm. Throw in to Aberdeen.
90+1 Clancy sends Borna off to remove the blood that miraculously appeared on the area where Hayes didn't contact him. Down to 8 outfield players
90 + 4 ball in Aberdeen's area - "Clancy play on until you have another shot"
90+ 4 + 38 seconds a decent cross well defend time up.
Walking off Brown and Clancy are seen having a laugh.

So basically anyone saying that the referee didn't influence the game is talking absolute and utter shite as are those that said we were a shambles! You don't stop a team having a shot on target in the second half if you are shit!

Thought sands had a decent first half but the second half both him and Kamara were hiding imo. Didn’t help when bassey and Goldson were just lumping it up the park most of the second half.

Expect more from Kamara TBF. He has been here long enough to know what the sheep would act like. Guy doesn't change enough games for me, we know is capable of it but doesn't show it enough
Cracking player but not suited to Scottish football.
We need a midfielder that's going to give us goals.
Take money and run.
IMO..

Thought sands had a decent first half but the second half both him and Kamara were hiding imo. Didn’t help when bassey and Goldson were just lumping it up the park most of the second half.
Bassey needs to play his own game and not spend time trying to emulate the Goldson Hollywood pass.

Back