Sands

Let’s give the boy a chance to bed in, when you join a new team players tend to play it safe till they get comfortable with the system and teammates especially defenders.

I think we need to face up to the truth and accept that a significant section of our fanbase is utterly toxic. For me it's one of the biggest challenges we face as a club. The state of some of the guys at Ibrox on Wednesday. They don't deserve a successful team to support, let's be honest.
And then they wonder why the government score cheap points or have nothing to lose by punching down on our support. The thing I find most insulting is when people say drinking heavily, being intimidating and acting like bams is just the working class behaviour to be expected. It's definitely underclass or whatever the socially acceptable word is.

Looks a safety first type

Can’t beat a man can’t thread a ball through isn’t big isn’t strong isn’t quick not seen him intercept balls not seen him bully anyone not got a high work rate doesn’t make angles for passes

Can’t see anything that will make him stand out to be honest
Except his part in the goal against the sheep you mean? You’re talking pish.

Last edited:
I don’t know what’s worse, the people who’ve written him off already or the people who are arguing he’s been MOTM.

His performances and stats have been very poor, but it’s very very early days. And that’s about it.
he hasnt influenced the games at all so far either defensively or attacking. He lloks well of the pace of our game so far.

However he is american and this is his first taste of european football, not only that but Scottish dressing rooms are VERY different to american ones that can take a wee bit to settle into. Hopefully we are not reliant upon in him too much in the next month or so and see how he develops and gets up to speed.

A 21 year old American should have had the luxury of not being involved as a starter so soon after his arrival. However we had to throw him In because other players are missing, So now the premature-ejaculators - who done the same with Barisic, Goldson, and even Kamara - are on about him about not being good enough.

He came across well in today's presser, he's been thrown in at the deep end, give him a chance. Lundstram comes over as edgy in these pressers, for some reason he is not fancied as a starter despite occasionally looking good in midfield.

Starting a thread to say "look at me, I was right!" two games into the Rangers career of a player is egotistical fannybaws behaviour of an extreme nature.

It might, or might not work out for the player. In the event that it doesn't, the OP can start another thread to remind us just how prescient his initial hot take was.
Feel like people should get a tag on their profile picture every time they post one of these kind of hot takes. How much attention would people be paying their hot take on transfers or the team if it showed;

Always been shitlist:
Kamara
Tav
Goldson
Hagi

People want to be the first ones to say "called it" when a player doesn't succeed. Why they need to do this is beyond me. For them if they're wrong, they probably chuckle at their temporarily stupidity then move on to the next target without learning a thing. While the player who should be getting more support in the first place has to win these absolute oddballs over, the toxic negativity that comes from people like that permeates group chats, pub and bus discussions and pretty much eventually into the stands. I don't get it. If they're wrong, they don't reflect on the experience. I realize it's always been the way but I would like it if these people were called out for being emotionally stunted more often.
Particularly prevalent on here…always has been.

There are a lot of posters on here who should be embarrassed by their previous gibberish and I’ll date that back to 16 /17 years ago when I joined the forum.

Unfortunately they’re allowed to hide behind new names.

I got pelters for questioning his contribution against the Sheep.
I saw nothing to change my opinion tonight!!
He was anonymous and the game was passing him by.
You are spot on in your assessment. Contributed nothing against the sheep and was a virtual onlooker against Livingston. Anonymous start to his Gers career but GVB obviously see’s something in the lad so everybody should support him when he starts.

Feel like people should get a tag on their profile picture every time they post one of these kind of hot takes. How much attention would people be paying their hot take on transfers or the team if it showed;

Always been shitlist:
Kamara
Tav
Goldson
Hagi
People are looking for status on here, always been the case with these kinda posts, status and " ah telt yeese"

I got pelters for questioning his contribution against the Sheep.
I saw nothing to change my opinion tonight!!
He was anonymous and the game was passing him by.
I missed this thread at the time because I was travelling home from Ibrox. Looks like you couldn’t wait to come on here and try and give it “I told you so” after the guy’s second game.

Pretty sad and very pathetic.

I missed this thread at the time because I was travelling home from Ibrox. Looks like you couldn’t wait to come on here and try and give it “I told you so” after the guy’s second game.

Pretty sad and very pathetic.
I hope I’m proved wrong but it’s the same feeling I had about Lundstram as soon as I saw him in a competitive match in a Rangers jersey.
I put that down to him not being match fit.
Unfortunately, that was not the case. He was just not good enough

I hope I’m proved wrong but it’s the same feeling I had about Lundstram as soon as I saw him in a competitive match in a Rangers jersey.
If you're such a great judge of players, why are your talents being wasted on an internet message board when clubs up and down the land could use your immense hindsight?

Sands is a young lad who has just moved to a different continent, a different style of league, it's absolute lunacy to start writing him off after just 2 appearances.

Same as posters who have asked why he has signed as we are currently top heavy in his position, the same posters will have no doubt said months ago that we need a "long term replacement for Davis", "Kamara if he is sold" Jack's finished apparently for most as well.

He’s probably been thrown in earlier than the manager would’ve ideally liked but it’ll be good experience for him.

I try not to judge players too early and I’m definitely not writing him off but he’s not really shown any moments of quality as of yet.

I've posted this before. I myself tried to show my football credentials after my expertise in writing off hately and gary stevens. It was then that I decided that my knowledge wasn't worth a f**k and decided it was time to stand down and retire in disgrace.

He’s probably been thrown in earlier than the manager would’ve ideally liked but it’ll be good experience for him.

I try not to judge players too early and I’m definitely not writing him off but he’s not really shown any moments of quality as of yet.
But he’s not shown any signs of being rubbish either. So people with a bit of sense will put the lack of moments of quality down to being just in the door and thrown into a tough debut, and any signs of not being rubbish as being quite a decent positive for the same reasons, until we get to see more of him.

But why would some people do that when it might mean there’s no thread to bump to tell us all they told us so and they can see things in football that nobody else sees.

Rangers players are judged on a game by game basis.
Always have been, always will be.

I don't see how it can be any other way.
It’s sheer stupidity to judge a player on his very first game for the club the same way you’d judge a player playing his 100th game for the club. A player whose been at training for a few days learning a system is never going to look as good as somebody whose been playing the same system for over a season.

I suspect anybody judging Sands already had Barisic written off a very long time before he showed the player he really is.

You cannot write him off, you cannot use his age 21 as an excuse, you cannot use he is American as an excuse, there is a training ground for a reason. The kid doesn’t deserve the fools on here.

Are you telling me that Rangers do not have a B team player or a youngster that could have stepped into the games Sands played ? Maybe given one of our own youths a chance that knows the club and the league ? Instead we throw an American in who has been in the country days ?

It is poor management or he had no other choice (I doubt that)

I don't think he done a lot wrong.
He was just quietly safe and tidy.

Be interesting what the ideal midfield will eventually look like in terms of mix of midfield type.

Reactions: BWO
But he’s not shown any signs of being rubbish either. So people with a bit of sense will put the lack of moments of quality down to being just in the door and thrown into a tough debut, and any signs of not being rubbish as being quite a decent positive for the same reasons, until we get to see more of him.

But why would some people do that when it might mean there’s no thread to bump to tell us all they told us so and they can see things in football that nobody else sees.

Not showing any signs of being rubbish is quite a low bar though. I appreciate that he’s had a tough start to his Rangers career and I am definitely not writing him off but it’s also fair to say that he hasn’t really shown any real quality as yet.

I’ve got a feeling he’s been brought in to give us a chance to groom/develop him for the Kamara (number 6 role) for next season after Kamara is sold in the summer.

It’s sheer stupidity to judge a player on his very first game for the club the same way you’d judge a player playing his 100th game for the club. A player whose been at training for a few days learning a system is never going to look as good as somebody whose been playing the same system for over a season.

I suspect anybody judging Sands already had Barisic written off a very long time before he showed the player he really is.
Stupid or not, it's simply how it is at this club.

We’re missing a few of our regular starters. Most of our team over the last few games, including many regular starters with plenty of games haven’t played particularly well but let’s single out a new player to the squad, one who has to learn our systems and strategy and throw him under the bus. Welcome to the world of FF.

True but the BB comparison is a totally different situation as he had moved to Rangers and was ultimately a Rangers player. His motivations for settling and working hard to get into the team were far more pronounced than someone here for a loan period.

The problem with Sands isnt whether hes good enough, he seems a prospect and will surely get better, its whether he will actually play because without a run of starts hes never going to get the rythmn of the team and showcase what he can do.

If you consider Ranges loans over the last 5 years how many have actually worked out well? Its a transfer market strategy thats been a disaster really.

True but the BB comparison is a totally different situation as he had moved to Rangers and was ultimately a Rangers player. His motivations for settling and working hard to get into the team were far more pronounced than someone here for a loan period.

The problem with Sands isnt whether hes good enough, he seems a prospect and will surely get better, its whether he will actually play because without a run of starts hes never going to get the rythmn of the team and showcase what he can do.

If you consider Ranges loans over the last 5 years how many have actually worked out well? Its a transfer market strategy thats been a disaster really.
Kent, Davis, Defoe, Hagi and you could argue the case that Worrall and Kamberi were useful signings.

Back