Sangare for them

No one for stood out for them as outstanding tonight.

They played well as a unit.

However i have a bad habit of focusing on Rangers players when playing and oblivious at times to opposition players unless the are outstanding.

Of which i could name plenty from the past.

They are nothing special, and they didn't really have any stand out players. We have played and beaten better. Their right back is a very good player, going by tonight.

They are nothing special, and they didn't really have any stand out players. We have played and beaten better. Their right back is a very good player, going by tonight.

Sangare and Gakpo were clear stand outs for them tonight the rest were decent players but Gakpo had the beating of Tav all night. Sangare performance was similar to Engelaar in 2010 absolutely strolled it.

He’s a big unit but looked really clumsy at times and done quite a few fouls, as did half their team right enough. In terms of footballers Gackpo and veerman are very decent players. I thought they looked suspect at the back but 2nd hslf we struggled to keep the ball as davis, tillman tired.

Sangare and Gakpo were clear stand outs for them tonight the rest were decent players but Gakpo had the beating of Tav all night. Sangare performance was similar to Engelaar in 2010 absolutely strolled it.
Their right back was doing well, and our goal came from the other side. Perhaps in the light of day I'll see what you see, but their goals came from set pieces that were completely avoidable on both occasions. Their left back likes to break forward, but along their back line that side is weakest.

He was linked to Chelsea and Man Utd wt the start of the window for a reason, has since signed a new deal.

I would also say the 2 players who played for Lyon last year were better Aquar and Guimares Forest after Aquar and Guimares at Newcastle

You say that, but Tav was still getting forward, causing their left back problems and chipped in with an assist...

He did but defensively Tav couldn't get near Gakpo he was a danger everytime he had the ball and could see why he was being linked with a big move.
I would also say the 2 players who played for Lyon last year were better Aquar and Guimares Forest after Aquar and Guimares at Newcastle

Probably were yeah but he was really good last night reads the game well comfortable with the ball and didn't really give Tillman a sniff.

It's argued that they not only have better players than us, but much better; in the abstract "food chain of football". In last year's EL they came third in their Group, whereas we got to the Final; only losing in a penalty shoot. We really have to stop understating how good we can be.

It's argued that they not only have better players than us, but much better; in the abstract "food chain of football". In last year's EL they came third in their Group, whereas we got to the Final; only losing in a penalty shoot. We really have to stop understating how good we can be.
We sold our biggest asset in Bassey after the final, PSV have kept both of their biggest assets so far and added a EL winner. They had a player in their midfield we wanted but were priced out. They had Xavi Simons on the bench that we were reportedly after but couldn't get. Yeah we got to a final, but there isn't much between ourselves and PSV. Last year was incredible but it doesn't mean we just need to turn up against clubs of that level.

He was very good, PSV have real quality throughout their midfield and attack. Still think they can be got at defensively

My brother spoke about this guy to me 2 years ago.

The kind of CDM I love. 24yo & we would have needed to spend 6m.

However you see in these games what 6m gets you & in the long term he’ll make them money.

Joseph Okumu is another in that category. We didn’t follow up the suggested interest I read on here when he was at Elfsborg & he’s done great at Gent. I’d rather we went 6/7m for him than what we have done.

They are a great unit with some outstanding individuals but this Rangers team of ours have overcome better, and on more than one occasion. That's the belief we need to take onto that park in Holland next week.

Reactions: TQ3
He strolled it although he did scuff his shot for the 1st goal.

That Gakpo looked very lively aswell, absolutely rapid and very tricky.

We have enough talent in our own squad though.

He strolled it although he did scuff his shot for the 1st goal.

That Gakpo looked very lively aswell, absolutely rapid and very tricky.

We have enough talent in our own squad though.
Gakpo totally done Tavernier at one passage in the second half, Tav did well to chase back and recover though.

i thought, despite missing a few chances, the lad Saibari was head and shoulders above everyone last night

They have players worth a hell of a lot more than ours are. I think people really overstate where we are in the food chain of football.
The value of a player doesn't always equate to how good a player is. This is obvious for players in Scotland.

I thought they would use Gapko more, as he had the right of defence on the back foot. That said, he didn’t do too much once he reached the box.
Sangare seemed to be in all the chaos, and came out with the ball, not always smoothly or stylishly but with the ball regardless.
Both full backs didn’t like getting turned, but to be fair to Teze, he stood up to Kent and came away with the ball a few times.
I can see us beating them by more than one goal if we play Matondo and Alfredo with Kent, and a solid midfield of Davis, Lundstrum and Arfield. We have the pace to counter, and the shape to defend.
Mon the Teddy Bears!

Back