Sarri officially gone.

Did Chelsea fans want him to stay come the end of last season? Seemed that most wanted rid around winter time.

Did Chelsea fans want him to stay come the end of last season? Seemed that most wanted rid around winter time.
Seems most wanted him gone. I don’t see Lampard as being the answer at this stage and Hazard’s Boots will be big to fill. Winning the EL will be good for Sarri’s CV but they didn’t really have any decent opponents.

The most unJuventus appointment Juventus will ever make.

Christ, just look at Sarri. Juventus managers should, by law, look like proper bastards in expensive suits who would fúck you over to get three points. Sarri looks as though he raids bins for fag doubts.

Outrageous
You are right and some Chelsea fans wanted shot for that very reason.

Juve have confirmed him as their new manager on Twitter.

Juventus are taking a big gamble and there whole approach as a club seems to have changed since the signing of Ronaldo. Gone are the days of shrewd business and signing cracking players for good prices. They have downsized there squad heavily to fund Ronaldo and his wages players like Mandžukić, Cuadrado, Dybala are all being chased out the door.

Can’t believe they are actually going for Lampard, surely not?

Even Derby fans can’t believe it.

I'm still convinced this is all just media talk about Lampard. I can't get my head around them giving the job to a guy with one season in management under his belt, where he did alright with Derby.

Wish him the best but no sadness he has gone. Vast majority of Chelsea in the 2 Facebook groups I am in happy. (Old Chelsea groups from 80/90s)

Consensus is take a chance on Frank and Jody with also Cech as Director.

Give them at least 2 seasons with focus on bringing on and through youngsters and building for future. If Lampard and young players I think majority of fans will be patient

I'm still convinced this is all just media talk about Lampard. I can't get my head around them giving the job to a guy with one season in management under his belt, where he did alright with Derby.

Isn't the problem "who else will take it?". The transfer ban, the uncertainty around Abramovich, and the short shelf-life for Chelsea managers makes it a pretty unattractive job for an established manager. At least Lampard already has the fans on side - they're likely to be more patient with him than someone else.

He’s a success, he is lauded
If he falters somewhat, they use the transfer ban as the reason.

Win/win.

Fans will give him a few years
Abramovich won’t put up with a few poor seasons. A transfer ban and Lampards standing with the fans won’t matter.

I think Lampard should stay put at the moment.

Transfer embargo, best player has left, owner is a dick etc etc

Could be the end of his managerial career if he doesn’t perform well at Chelsea.

Great news, his football and attitude on the whole has not been acceptable, the only fans who wanted him to stay were the so called hipsters.

Pissing off the support, your best player and the majority of the team isn’t the way to build a togetherness.

If super Frank comes in I’ll genuinely be excited. The transfer ban will hopefully some see the breakthrough of some of the cobham academy lads.

Who knows, this could be Chelsea’s class of 92 revolution or it’ll got its up :D

Either way the full Chelsea support will be behind Lamps

Could be the end of his managerial career if he doesn’t perform well at Chelsea.

Not the way management works it would seem! Just ask the likes of Mark Hughes. Do a poor job, get a huge pay off then on to the next available EPL gig and repeat!

Getting a job at that level will probably mean he will continually get them regardless of performance!

Wish him the best but no sadness he has gone. Vast majority of Chelsea in the 2 Facebook groups I am in happy. (Old Chelsea groups from 80/90s)

Consensus is take a chance on Frank and Jody with also Cech as Director.

Give them at least 2 seasons with focus on bringing on and through youngsters and building for future. If Lampard and young players I think majority of fans will be patient
I agree mate but my worry would be a generation of Chelsea fans have seen nothing but success, i'd be surprised if they accept 2 years of mediocrity.

I'd like to see him stay at Derby and continue what he started, but i can't see him turning down Chelsea

So this is what is bonkers about the whole thing.

Here we have a guy that won a European trophy and is thought of as a dud,

We have Mourinho (admittedly bonkers) won Man Utd a trophy that gets them into a select band of teams that have won all three European trophies.

And it's not good enough?

All I want is players that we should have players, that can pass the ball to each other.

You know to people wearing the same strip.

And am shouted down as being grumpy?

At least hel sign Jorginho and Kante can play the role he’s best in.

That caused the initial problems I thought and his inability to play his strongest team most weeks. He never played Christensen who I think is a very good defender and he constantly dropped Willian who is a smashing player then playing Hazard in a false 9 role and not having a proper replacement for Morata. Higuain didn't work out and he didnt seem to rate Giroud. His 4-3-3 was so easy to counteract I thought as well.

They would be better going for the Wolves manager imo.

He plays attractive football and he can improve players that he already has.

That caused the initial problems I thought and his inability to play his strongest team most weeks. He never played Christensen who I think is a very good defender and he constantly dropped Willian who is a smashing player then playing Hazard in a false 9 role and not having a proper replacement for Morata. Higuain didn't work out and he didnt seem to rate Giroud. His 4-3-3 was so easy to counteract I thought as well.
I think willian flatters to deceive but I agree Christensen should have played more in the PL.

I agree mate but my worry would be a generation of Chelsea fans have seen nothing but success, i'd be surprised if they accept 2 years of mediocrity.

I reckon one year of top 6-8 then Transfers and maturing young talent and challenging top 4 again

I reckon one year of top 6-8 then Transfers and maturing young talent and challenging top 4 again

Which young players realistically step in though apart from Hudson-Odoi and possibly Abraham?

I think more than anything they're going to need the returning loanees like Zouma, Bakayoko and Pasalic to step up.

It's the right job at the wrong time for Frank Lampard i believe. I honestly feel for him a bit here as how can he possibly say no to it. But then again he is going to have his hands tied behind his back with this two window transfer embargo, added to the fact their best player has just left and they are unable to replace him.

Wish him well regardless as I like Lampard.

Which young players realistically step in though apart from Hudson-Odoi and possibly Abraham?

I think more than anything they're going to need the returning loanees like Zouma, Bakayoko and Pasalic to step up.

Mason Mount and Tomori at Derby looked good, also Ampadu who should have had games last year. Also Reece James also coming back from loan and Hudson Odoi given proper support.

Centre forward is biggest worry at top level with Giroud, Abraham and possibly returning Batshui, but should still have strong team but not top 4 I reckon

Mason Mount and Tomori at Derby looked good, also Ampadu who should have had games last year. Also Reece James also coming back from loan and Hudson Odoi given proper support.

Centre forward is biggest worry at top level with Giroud, Abraham and possibly returning Batshui, but should still have strong team but not top 4 I reckon
Lots of top youngsters on the books, under 18s and under 23s have been brilliant these last few years, until now very few of them have had a sniff of the 1st team,be interesting to see how they get on

Back