Sarri sacked by Juventus

Not too surprising.

Juventus were pretty shit after the return. Losing the cup final and being knocked out to Lyon wouldn't have been looked upon kindly by the owners.

I think Sarri is actually a decent enough manager at a level but ill-suited to managing super clubs and all that comes with it.

Expected.

Poor season by their standards and wage bill, need to get the next one right or their Serie A run could end this season.

It’s no surprise, they won the league with a hugely expensively assembled squad, but they were far from convincing.

It was no great surprise Lyon knocked them out.

That wage bill and squad needs serious action urgently. Needs someone ruthless. Conte might be tempted back as I don't think he's happy at Inter. Simeone to Inter.

Juventus to me are a club whose manager should always be a ruthless bastard in an expensive suit.

Simeone ?

Think Simeone has intimidated before if he's going back to Italy to coach, he wants it to be with Inter.

I'm not overly surprised, they should go for Gasperini. However, i think they may go for a bigger name.

Part of me thought Sarri would be granted leniency to win his first league medal, then build onto Sarri ball. With their squad they should be competing at the high end of Europe, as i said no surprise.

Pep has been linked occasionally and with the midfield Juve have i think he would cream his drawers.

I'm not overly surprised, they should go for Gasperini. However, i think they may go for a bigger name.

Part of me thought Sarri would be granted leniency to win his first league medal, then build onto Sarri ball. With their squad they should be competing at the high end of Europe, as i said no surprise.

Pep has been linked occasionally and with the midfield Juve have i think he would cream his drawers.
I don't see the point of Conte or Allegri going back if they're desperate for a change in the way they play.

It would be the most Juve thing to do, though.

He was a poor choice, I think Poch would be a good choice to replace him.

He can overhaul the squad and build something, feel sorry for CR7 - A team like Juve shouldnt be getting beat over two legs by Lyon FFS!

Simeone or pochettino would be perfect for juve. Both excellent coaches and both would be able to handle the pressures of the biggest club in Italy. Should be a straight shoot out between those two.

I don't see the point of Conte or Allegri going back if they're desperate for a change in the way they play.

It would be the most Juve thing to do, though.
Aye, the whole Allegri fiasco emerged due to them winning every game 2-1 half arsed. IMO it began to end for Sarri (wrongly, in my opinion) when he practically fell out with Ronaldo coupled with his reluctance to play Ramsey and Rabiot (Those three taking home roughy £1 million per week). Then the board stepped in told him he had to do X.

I reckon Sarri should have had another year, he's won his first league medal which would take some pressure off and allowed him to play his pretty football. Very hard to find a total football playing manager to come in, implement his philosophy and win things straight away.

Think they’ll go for Poch, they seem to want more attractive football so can’t see Simeone getting it even though he’d do well there

Not surprised. A team like Juve must have better than Higuain. Who can ever think Cuadrado is a right back ?

Aye, the whole Allegri fiasco emerged due to them winning every game 2-1 half arsed. IMO it began to end for Sarri (wrongly, in my opinion) when he practically fell out with Ronaldo coupled with his reluctance to play Ramsey and Rabiot (Those three taking home roughy £1 million per week). Then the board stepped in told him he had to do X.

I reckon Sarri should have had another year, he's won his first league medal which would take some pressure off and allowed him to play his pretty football. Very hard to find a total football playing manager to come in, implement his philosophy and win things straight away.
When Ronaldo ended up dictating where him and Dybala were playing, I knew it was the end.

Juve either need to play Rabiot and Ramsey or get rid of them. As you say, there's no point paying them the money they're on to sit on the bench.

Arthur, Bentancur and Rabiot would be an excellent midfield.

I could possibly see Gasperini getting iymt done a brilliant job with Atalanta and is ready for step up wouldn't be surprised to see them go for pep as there in somewhat of a galactico phase just now in buying names alone

Yes maybe harsh but not too surprising either if you've been watching them. They looked totally devoid of ideas of late. Coppa Italia defeat to Napoli, Super Cup lost to Lazio and beat by Lyon just not good enough for their standards. Italians actually care more about Super Cup as well not like in England. Inter only 2 points off come end of league standings if they didn't make a stand it looked ominous for next season.

Simeone has always maintained he wants to manage Inter at some point, who have a massive rivalry with Juve. Would be a surprise if he went there.
Players regularly move between the two clubs, and Milan as well, so doubt it would be much of an issue for a manager to do it.

Be stunned if it isn’t Poch.

That would be a massive mistake.

His sides get burned out very quickly, he doesn't rotate, he doesn't give any information or tactical instruction on opposition players or tactics and his training methods have been described as archaic.

They need a proven manager in, someone like Valverde.

Simeone has always maintained he wants to manage Inter at some point, who have a massive rivalry with Juve. Would be a surprise if he went there.
While I don’t think he would go there it doesn’t really mean anything in Italy tbh. Lippi and Trapp managed both. As did Zaccheroni who was the biggest Inter fan you would ever meet - his family founded an Inter supporters club - and he also managed Milan. Conte was pretty dyed in the wool Juve too.

Back