Saturday football

I think most strikers would get more goals in better sides that create more chances to be fair. Vardy’s got a bit more to his game but he’s about where he belongs. Ings is decent, but again I don’t see any of the big boys coming back to look at him again.

He's probably not top 4 level, Ings. Not as a starter ever week. But I still think he's an excellent player and it's a shame for him he was never given the chance to show it while at a top club because of various injuries. Who would you want on your bench though, Ings or Origi?

Because I rate Ings and Vardy higher than some other poster? Bit weird, but okay.
Ill throw Abraham into that list as well:));)
Edit: I will say that the Vardy and Ings example isnt unique to the EPL in that you look at any big league and there tends to be a home player playing for a slightly lesser team up near the top of the scoring charts. Remember that guy Maier in Germany and Belotti for Torino for example

Saw something the other day that said something like “Dyche is in his ‘x’th season at Burnley which means he’s done 250 post match interviews roughly speaking” :D

Think he well and truly outed himself when he started a thread gushing over Ings whilst Rangers were in action at Easter Road, obviously hadn’t realised we were on, what with being too preoccupied with all things EPL haha.

Anyway, Ings is a good player, but like I said he’s where he should be. He doesn’t have anywhere near enough to his game outside of the box to cut it with the elite. Vardy poses more of a threat to defences with his running but his pace will begin to deteriorate now he’s pushing 34. Good players, they’re not fantastic if fantastic is players who would be wanted by the top sides and doing it regularly in the Champions League.

Aubameyang does next to nothing outside the box. Lots of players only really come alive inside the box, it doesn't mean that they aren't fantastic players. Michael Owen was world class at Liverpool and one of the best forwards on the planet for a few years, but his overall game was almost none existent.

Isn't it strange how most of these VAR decisions still seem to favour the "bigger" team. I would love to see some stats on that.

That new handball rule is simply madness and whoever thought that would solve anything is clearly barking - it just adds another layer of questions to an already questionable rule.

I don't think anybody within the game can be comfortable with how games are being officiated down South, it's virtually every game a defining moment is occuring.

Isn't it strange how most of these VAR decisions still seem to favour the "bigger" team. I would love to see some stats on that.

That new handball rule is simply madness and whoever thought that would solve anything is clearly barking - it just adds another layer of questions to an already questionable rule.

I don't think anybody within the game can be comfortable with how games are being officiated down South, it's virtually every game a defining moment is occuring.

Ramos looks to have bailed out Real again.

Other than him, Benzema and Kroos the team isn’t looking in great shape.

Watching the highlights of the Brighton v Man Utd. How many times can Brighton hit the woodwork? Mental.

Saw a guy posting on twitter that if Scott Brown gets booked today he'll miss their next game against St Johnstone. Doesn't get booked today, gets booked against St Johnstone and he'll miss the game v us.

Anyone know if that's right?

Back