Saturday is a benchmark game for us

We've not had the opportunity to pull ahead of Celtic and apply real pressure.

3 points tomorrow would see us go 5 ahead. Lets get the job done and see how they respond.

Don't give them a sniff.

This is a title race - there’s little room for being spooked, and this team needs to show some mettle for the fight.

Win on Saturday and give Celtic a 5 point gap to wake up to.
Win well and let them feel that whatever they do isn’t really going to be enough.

To get this far… to get on top and to then falter at the first chance to press the advantage home will re-open all manner of scar tissue from the last few years.
This is a title race that will challenge the support as much as the team. We also need to check ourselves and not lose the place at every turn.
It might "reopen all manner of scar tissue" wirh the support, but i truly believe that Clement will ensure that the team remains focussed regardless.
It is vital that the support stays with the team and manager.

Every game now for us is absolutely massive in the title race. We have a golden opportunity to apply a huge amount of pressure on the Tim’s by winning. At Ibrox and with the crowd behind the team I think we will win by 2 clear goals. Hearts are in fine form but so are we.

It might "reopen all manner of scar tissue" wirh the support, but i truly believe that Clement will ensure that the team remains focussed regardless.
It is vital that the support stays with the team and manager.
I think Clement has managed to change things for this squad. That is certainly true.

Outside of whatever he does though, our support is full of folk who lose their head if Rangers go a goal down or even just aren’t winning a match after 20 minutes.

It is also then true to say that if the game is tricky on Saturday then some people will start the abuse of players.
Rightly or wrongly, fairly or not… this set of players need to prove to themselves, their coach & the Rangers support that they can see this out.

This is it from now until the end of the season.
A tight title race isn’t something that the Rangers support has been familiar with since 2011.. folk are going to need to remember that it is a test for the supporters as well.

I think we are more than capable of winning this title but it is not going to be a straightforward procession.

We're trying to find slightly different angles to build up every single game now. The reality is when the league's this close they're all big games. Tomorrow is no bigger or more important than St. Johnstone last weekend or Aberdeen 2 weeks ago. What it will be is more difficult, Hearts are flying and will be full of confidence.

Having said that I do think 6 points from our next 2 games will add that extra few % belief in my own mind, regardless of the filth's results.

We're trying to find slightly different angles to build up every single game now. The reality is when the league's this close they're all big games. Tomorrow is no bigger or more important than St. Johnstone last weekend or Aberdeen 2 weeks ago. What it will be is more difficult, Hearts are flying and will be full of confidence.

Having said that I do think 6 points from our next 2 games will add that extra few % belief in my own mind, regardless of the filth's results.
Hearts flying and confident - Naismith says they'll attack - is probably a good thing for us.

It is a massive weekend, tbh i just trust our manager to deal with every issue or situation and get the result.... even if its a poor game with few chances he will somehow drag them over the line. Fans can play a part.

Don Robertson on VAR is a bit suspect but Walsh is fine as long as its not Celtic. I know folk hate but 1-0 late winner will do us perfectly.

I think if Rangers can win Celtic wont.

Back in the 90s our team had belief,you just knew they were going to win the crunch games in the league.It was said some teams were beaten in the tunnel before the game.
This team is not there yet but imo there are signs.We have players who are up for a scrapand i believe the players now have the right mindset going in to games.
Hearts will put up a fight but if we overcome that we have the better players and will win the game.
If you look at the two teams I think only Frankie Kent and Shankland would be near a starting slot in our team.
The nerves are down to the importance of the game,we have a chance to put some daylight between us and the mhanks and pile the pressure on them.
Stay with the team tomorrow and dont let our nerves transfer to the team anytime there is a bad pass or big Dessers doesent shoot on site:)

It’s just another game. Let’s concentrate on winning it and not make a massive deal of it. Win, chalk it off, move on to Wednesday. I think people make too much of it.

The problem we have is that no matter how many tests the team pass, when we inevitably have a wee slip, we will get the usual moon howlers talking about how weak we are mentally etc.
It's not inevitable that we have a slip,we could won every game for the rest of the season.

We will come out flying on sat. Take the chances that come our way in the first 20 mins and we will win with plenty to spare. Miss the chances and it will end up a slog. Hearts are full of bravado but they would give anything for a draw

The problem we have is that no matter how many tests the team pass, when we inevitably have a wee slip, we will get the usual moon howlers talking about how weak we are mentally etc.
1 league out of 7.

Win the league and that narrative disappears forever.

Go at them from the first second, high intensity, press them high up the pitch and we'll get our chances. It's just making sure that we take them, this is where Dessers/Silva need to make sure that they're clinical with anything that falls their way.

It’s Hearts for goodness sake,thought they were rubbish against us at Tynecastle in December.
Ok they are on a good run of form but we should have enough for a comfortable win and 5 point lead.

It would be ironic if Shankland scored the winner tomorrow (does big Phil do irony?)
Would it? I mean other than fans and some fan media talking up the prospect we didn’t bid for him during the window.

I’m sure we’ll have a similar thread in the lead up to Wednesday because we lost at Rugby Park earlier in the season.

Basically every game is critical, don’t think we need a reminder every time.

Ok, so in fact you agree.. LOL

I am firmly of the opinion that we treat each game as it comes along. Look no further than that. With Saturday against Hearts just around the corner, it is just the next game. BUT, for me, with this said it is a new challenge and a benchmark game for PC and the squad. 1st time since 2022 we have been in a table top position and playing for another win to keep the pressure on them. Without doubt, there’s a different dynamic to this situation although it won’t be mentioned by anyone around the club.

It’s a benchmark in that it will test the mettle and push the mentality of the players. Particularly, against a good Hearts team. I am confident PC will have the squad prepared correctly for this challenge and then it’s over to the players on the day to do the business.

It is a must win, if we are serious about contending for this title. Any dropped points puts unnecessary pressure on us and hands momentum back.

Just do it boys!

I think this will be a test for the supporters also.

We need to be behind the team from the start and stay with them.

Yes Hearts are on an excellent run with the best striker in the league, that's not my main concern though. Naismith is.

I have not forgotten his betrayal but he knows what it is like to play at Ibrox pushing for a win in a high pressure match. He will remember what games were most awkward for us and may set up his team to play that way. He will have used that experience to get their win at the Piggery.

If Rangers are at our best - players and supporters - the three points are ours.

It’s Hearts for goodness sake,thought they were rubbish against us at Tynecastle in December.
Ok they are on a good run of form but we should have enough for a comfortable win and 5 point lead.
They’ve hardly played anyone for weeks and conceded 2 against Dundee twice.

I am firmly of the opinion that we treat each game as it comes along. Look no further than that. With Saturday against Hearts just around the corner, it is just the next game. BUT, for me, with this said it is a new challenge and a benchmark game for PC and the squad. 1st time since 2022 we have been in a table top position and playing for another win to keep the pressure on them. Without doubt, there’s a different dynamic to this situation although it won’t be mentioned by anyone around the club.

It’s a benchmark in that it will test the mettle and push the mentality of the players. Particularly, against a good Hearts team. I am confident PC will have the squad prepared correctly for this challenge and then it’s over to the players on the day to do the business.

It is a must win, if we are serious about contending for this title. Any dropped points puts unnecessary pressure on us and hands momentum back.

Just do it boys!
Like any league race, you play what's in front of you. Losing is not an portion. Everyone knows we win each game the rest will be history

Back