Saturday's Back Pages - 27 images

Has these been one word of praise for the Rangers support in ditching the ‘offensive’ songs? Column after column about the problem of ‘bigotry’ but no acknowledgement of the positive atmosphere inside Ibrox these last few games. Scumbags and hypocrites the lot of them, they’d love nothing better than a rendition of the Billy Boys tomorrow, so they’d have something to piously write about next week.

Sad to hear the MND sufferer was turned away due to some admin issue, hope the club rectify any problem. That said is it me or are the DR going out their way to be complete arseholes with such a story at this time?

Something doesnt ring true about the story of the mnd sufferer not getting in on thursday night
Yeah, I agree. So a guy with MND (2 months to live) who can't feed himself and has difficulty talking is dropped off at the turnstiles by his friend/s and left to fend for himself with no mobile phone to contact his supposed friend who is in another part of the stadium?
I would suggest there is a good case of neglect there by friends who were aware of his condition.
OR
Its all made up bullshit by the daily retard.

Yeah, I agree. So a guy with MND (2 months to live) who can't feed himself and has difficulty talking is dropped off at the turnstiles by his friend/s and left to fend for himself with no mobile phone to contact his supposed friend who is in another part of the stadium?
I would suggest there is a good case of neglect there by friends who were aware of his condition.
OR
Given there’s a picture of the guy then there’s probably something in it, I just don’t see why they’d be looking for such a story right enough, it is totally desperate! You make very good points given his condition why would he be left alone? Probably exaggerated by that scummy paper!

Has these been one word of praise for the Rangers support in ditching the ‘offensive’ songs? Column after column about the problem of ‘bigotry’ but no acknowledgement of the positive atmosphere inside Ibrox these last few games. Scumbags and hypocrites the lot of them, they’d love nothing better than a rendition of the Billy Boys tomorrow, so they’d have something to piously write about next week.

You dont get praise for not being a prick in my book

OR

My heart goes out to the man, his illness is beyond horrible.
But the story does seem strange. Think of how Fernando was 2 months ago yet in this case he is dropped off alone and able to walk 6 miles himself?

Whatever the real story, I hope Rangers can contact him and get him along to a game as a guest of the club.

The other guy should have seen the MND man in the turnstile before heading off to his own seat. That's neglect

How was he supposed to get up stairs to a seat? They should have been together.

The man sounds dreadfully disorganised. Sorry to say.

guy with MND turns up with no ticket trys to blag his way in using a medical card after signing his self out of hospital with two month to live has no way of contacting anyone has no credit or bank cards on him just his season ticket and mnd card and has had a season ticket from 1968. even managed to walk home six mile. his wife says his seat is by her brother inlaw whos seat is in another stand and not the copland stand he was dropped off at.

am calling bullshit on this story.

Jamieson and wee jokes love child come crawling out from under their bigoted rocks to talk about bigotry

A bit rich of the press to tell us it shouldn't take a death to get Rangers and them together, it's them that cause most of the animosity with their shite journalism

Exactly this. The media stir things up and thrive on the mess they start. They're the only ones offended by singing as well. On top of that they campaign for players they don't like to be cited and banned.

Scottish football's supporters aren't the problem. It's the media. It's always been them.

Sad to hear the MND sufferer was turned away due to some admin issue, hope the club rectify any problem. That said is it me or are the DR going out their way to be complete arseholes with such a story at this time?

Seems very sensationalist for me, the guy apparently had £20 but yet had to walk 6 miles home to giffnock

Back