Back Pages Saturday's Back Pages - 32 images

Strange that there is no place for a ref pile on now that it's Rangers making genuine noises... and it's not "refs" Lindsay, it's one ref, it's a bona fide cheat in clancy.

Stephen McGowan, Scott Burns, Fraser Wilson, Michael Gannon.
All miss out the reasons why we have sent a letter to the SFA. It's got nothing to do with playing badly and everything to do with being referreed to the same standards as any other team. That's all we want.
They are so out of touch and working to an agenda.
McGowan says we could be the biggest loser's if VAR was brought in. If it was used properly then it would mean at the very least we would be referreed fairly.

Last edited:
Stephen McGowan, Scott Burns, Fraser Wilson, Michael Gannon.
All miss out the reasons why we have sent a letter to the SFA. It's got nothing to do with playing badly and everything to do with being referreed to the same standards as any other team. That's all we want.
They are so out of touch and working to an agenda.
McGowan says we could be the biggest loser's if VAR was brought in. If it was used properly then it would mean at the very least we would be referreed fairly.
His argument is amusing when you look back at Pitoddrie there is just one possible finding against us and about two dozen that could be to our advantage .

VAR isn’t here to stop refereeing corruption as far as I can see but it makes it can make it more obvious

Scottish sports journalism spectacularly, or more likely deliberately, miss the point. The standard of officials in Scottish football is risible. The majority of decisions Clancy made in that game beggar belief, he is a FIFA listed referee that got 90% of the decisions wrong. These decisions weren’t close to being 50/50 or debatable but completely wrong. It’s not just the big game changing decisions but all the crappy fouls too that halted the play and effectively killed the game. There are fundamental structural problems in our game that are steadily getting worse and Clancy is the epitome of this.

He is also a cheating rat faced cûnt.

“No point in complaining “ says Glass, then numerous paragraphs of moans.
Did McGregor not attempt to play the ball?
Probably in the same way as the Slavia goalkeeper didn't attempt to play the ball when Kemar Roofe got to it first and played it towards goal, only to have his progress impeded by a flailing goalkeeper, missing the ball completely and taking Roofe out with his face!
Funny how incidents pan out.

Scottish sports journalism spectacularly, or more likely deliberately, miss the point. The standard of officials in Scottish football is risible. The majority of decisions Clancy made in that game beggar belief, he is a FIFA listed referee that got 90% of the decisions wrong. These decisions weren’t close to being 50/50 or debatable but completely wrong. It’s not just the big game changing decisions but all the crappy fouls too that halted the play and effectively killed the game. There are fundamental structural problems in our game that are steadily getting worse and Clancy is the epitome of this.

I don't think Clancy is a poor official.
That is the problem!

When I hear that the referees are just bad, I always ask how half the stadium managed to see it, all the players, the managers on the touchline, everybody who wasn't trained as a referee basically, are we missing a huge pool of naturally talented referees, whilst the guy in charge cant see what's in front of him?

I do. His game management in other games I've seen not involving us is poor. His game management involving us or them well that’s another issue.
Someone mentioned that he was a listed official for FIFA.
I can't say I have watched him much apart from our games, so I will accept your assessment, however, I am not so concerned with the big decisions on the night, referees can often call them controversially, my gripe was how he refereed all the little incidents around the less focused areas of the pitch, it is here in the minutiae of the game that we see his insidious bias.

I can only conclude that he is a decent enough referee to know that he was deliberately influencing the game according to his own tastes.
That is my point.

Interesting article about the Keane’s and EK Thistle, here was me thinking a verbal agreement was deemed legal in the Scottish courts.

I take it James McNally in the hotline missed Kent getting sent off for the Offence with Brown and as for Stephen McGowan,he's obviously forgot the gypos hounding of refs which caused a strike a few years back....wankers!!

they've forgotten this at their AGM. Very little said about this.

I can't say I have watched him much apart from our games, so I will accept your assessment, however, I am not so concerned with the big decisions on the night, referees can often call them controversially, my gripe was how he refereed all the little incidents around the less focused areas of the pitch, it is here in the minutiae of the game that we see his insidious bias.

I can only conclude that he is a decent enough referee to know that he was deliberately influencing the game according to his own tastes.
That is my point.
I agree wholeheartedly about the ‘little decisions’. The fouls given to Aberdeen for the slightest of contact were deliberately given to relieve any momentum or pressure rangers were building. The same for giving fouls for nothing in our half to let the pub team launch in a cross were given for a reason.
I disagree with your take on the big decisions. The bookings given to Kent were ludicrous and to not see one but two deliberate fends by Hayes on Borna were suspicious to say the least. Hayes’ elbow was in an elevated position higher than the usual pushing off position footballers adopt these days and he did actively throw his arm back the second time with force.

That is my point.
he refused to give a penalty against celtic at the piggery earlier this season, a penalty that even celtic half time guests all admitted should've been a penalty, the guy is a cheat and needs thrown out of football.

Nightmare of a job but the referees in Scotland are fast dropping off the back of international standard, and this all lies with the SFA. However, the spin off the selective viewing is a joke.

Good to see Lowry rightfully getting some column space.

Back