Saturday's Back Pages

They weren’t complaining when they got handed a tainted title from the board room so %^*& them.

True, but in fairness no one would. They haven't attempted to stick the knife into anyone else in the process i.e. the mentally challengeds or Dundee Utd.

What happens after the SFA find in favour of the SPFL? Is that the end of it or can Hearts go back to court?

Big diddy Worral strikes again giving away a needless free kick near the end of the game game. Wrong thread thought i clicked on betting thread

I’d love to burst yon Gordon Ashley who always phones that rancid hotline
you're not alone with that thought, just too bad that aint his real name as nobody has heard of him, 55 will send him back under his rock, as for the sales of season tickets and tops to an imaginary waiting list you really have got to laugh at the obsessed ones

In a totally unrelated to football post, how the %^*& can someone deserve to get paid £40m a year for driving a car around in circles

the scum with a season ticket waiting list of 17000, they cant sell the ones they already have. these people are wired to the moon.
17000 my arse - will the stewards be checking who is sitting in the seats again this year after quite a few of them were caught with kids season tickets?

Rod Petrie with a razor-sharp intelligence. Surely that sentence is a perfect example of an oxymoron.

WRT the release of documentation, I've never quite understood this, based on Doncaster's oft repeated assertion that the SPFL is a members' organisation.
" The league had argued against it, claiming the information was commercially sensitive and could damage the SPFL's business - particularly its broadcast agreements". ( I would suggest Doncaster's actions have already damaged the SPFL's business )
How is it the members of a members' organisation are not allowed to see commercially sensitive information which affects the members ?
This might be excused if the decision was made to release it in open court but Lord Clark stated that it could be released to the petitioners and went on to say "Any issues of confidentiality can be dealt with in accordance with the normal practice of the court."
Seems dodgy that the SPFL wouldn't permit a member club to see the documents even when the confidentiality was guaranteed by "the normal practice of the court".
Will it come to light that the great deal with broadcasters that Doncaster has trumpeted, echoed by Liewell, will cost the member clubs the loss of revenue from 13 extra matches to be given to Sky and the information on what deal was done with BT Sport to reduce their claim down to £1.5M over 5 years ?
Other confidential information may be the cost of the Deloitte forensic investigation and details of Doncaster's personal remuneration deal.

Back