Saturday's English football

Man Utd have been great to watch of late. Greenwood and Fernandes are quality.

If they add Sancho too then going forward they’ll be as dangerous as both City and Liverpool. But both Maguire and Lindelöf are bang average at the top level, as is Luke Shaw. I know he didn’t have a great season for Juventus but they really should have pulled out all the stops to sign De Lijt from Ajax when they had a chance.

Genuinely enjoy watching Man Utd these days, wouldn’t have thought I’d be saying that earlier in the year.

Manchester United's took off Lindelof, the only central defender that was doing his job, and put on a bombscare.

That combination of Maguire, De Gea and Bailly has been utterly, utterly dreadful. The latter two could be punted from this performance alone.

They are so lucky the attack has bailed them out.

De Gea is a shadow of the keeper he was a couple of years ago. Surely Dean Henderson would be a better choice right now? He performs week in, week out for Sheffield.

Bournemouth are shocking. They don’t score enough and they concede far to easily.

Solanke’s confidence must be absolutely shot. He’s scored 1 goal in 42 games since Bournemouth spent 20m on him. Some of the money spent by Howe beggars belief
In all fairness I don't think that confidence is solankes biggest problem.

England's attack line for the next few years is going to be frightening.

Kane, Sterling, Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood and Foden.

That's just the top 6 options!

Watching Arsenal, does that wee bawbag Tierney do anything other than give it straight back to the guy who passed to him? Arsenal will win fck all with duds like that holding down positions in the starting 11.

That Arsenal defence, %^*& me!

The Chuckle brothers and Kolasinac, with Biscuit hips out wide and an 18 year old winger out of position on the other side.

England's attack line for the next few years is going to be frightening.

Kane, Sterling, Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood and Foden.

That's just the top 6 options!

Careful! You’re not allowed to say such things here. All English players are over-rated and useless. Even if they go on to win a World Cup or Euros it will only be because all the other teams participating were even more crap. You’ll literally have one or two foaming at the mouths here.

Not English football, but decent numbers allowed into the stadium for the Lech Poznan v Legia Warsaw game on Freesports now.

Pyro in action as well.

Last edited:
I thought no way will he not have said something on here about it. He didn’t let me down!

It was only Bournemouth though, right? Until he has scored a hat-trick against Barcelona, won the Ballon’dor and cures Covid-19, he’s pants. Over-rated. Championship quality at best. English scum!

It was only Bournemouth though, right? Until he has scored a hat-trick against Barcelona, won the Ballon’dor and cures Covid-19, he’s pants. Over-rated. Championship quality at best. English scum!

I hope they all do well me, I need them to so my flight to Rome and ticket for the match are worth having on this Saturday next July. Euros quarters if England win group and keep winning!

Careful! You’re not allowed to say such things here. All English players are over-rated and useless. Even if they go on to win a World Cup or Euros it will only be because all the other teams participating were even more crap. You’ll literally have one or two foaming at the mouths here.

It's understandable when you consider the biggest highlight of Scottish international football in over a decade is almost getting a win against them in a meaningless qualifier.

There's even a cute little page on wikipedia labelled "Scotland-England football rivalry"!

I know he still scores goals from there obviously, but as there best player I still don’t get why you wouldn’t want Aubameyang as a striker and constantly the furthest player forward for Arsenal. Saka on the left wing and Pepe on the right makes more sense to me.

I don’t even think Arsenal play such attractive football anymore. It’s not really that there identity has changed, they just don’t have the players to play as they did when they had the likes of Fabregas, Pires and Henry on the pitch. They are a million miles off that.

Any one seen much of Yakou Meite of Reading? Been getting some really decent reviews this season. 12 league goals this season (four today). Right sided attacker, big, strong, athletic, hard working.

Arsenal have some cracking young talent

It’s the experienced players that are the problem for them

Back