Saturday's Football

I love watching Chelsea just now, what an amazing job Tuchel has done so far in such a short space of time.

Chelsea 27/10 for the champions league final seems too big.

It’s normal. City win a title one year, regress the next.

This is just the start of the regression. People criticised me when I said Guardiola at city was underwhelming. Which is mental.

I could have won the title every second year and got to one CL final in 6 had I financially cheated like Pep has

Good victory for Chelsea. Not sure what difference it makes in terms of the Champions League though, I doubt Pep will make 9 changes to his team for that game.

This is just the start of the regression. People criticised me when I said Guardiola at city was underwhelming. Which is mental.

I could have won the title every second year and got to one CL final in 6 had I financially cheated like Pep has
Course you could, did that Chelsea side not just spend more than any football team in the history of the game?

Course you could, did that Chelsea side not just spend more than any football team in the history of the game?

I don’t have the figures to hand. It’s not Chelsea that were thrown out of Europe then mysteriously reinstated for breaching FFP rules.

People will sit here and vilify the Super league clubs....then somehow praise Guardiola’s city. Baffling to me.

Think you might be jumping the gun a bit mate, that was mega changed teams from the game midweek, the likes of Gundagon, Foden, Mahrez, De Bruyne not starting.

Think you might be jumping the gun a bit mate, that was mega changed teams from the game midweek, the likes of Gundagon, Foden, Mahrez, De Bruyne not starting.

You make a fair point.

However I do think it’s the changing of the guard.

Nothing about Guardiola’s city in the last 6 years suggests any sustained dominance.

I fancy Chelsea for the CL and PL next year

Making 9 changes for the title clinching game just doesn't sit right to me, and they were way below par as a result.

You make a fair point.

However I do think it’s the changing of the guard.

Nothing about Guardiola’s city in the last 6 years suggests any sustained dominance.

I fancy Chelsea for the CL and PL next year
Only ever manager to complete the domestic treble, knocked out in the semis of the FA cup to stop it happening again. Broke just about every single record going for teams to win the league? Could still and probably will end up with the league cup, epl and CL trophy this season?

Only ever manager to complete the domestic treble, knocked out in the semis of the FA cup to stop it happening again. Broke just about every single record going for teams to win the league? Could still and probably will end up with the league cup, epl and CL trophy this season?

Fergie completed a more impressive treble incidentally.

not saying Guardiola isn’t a good manager - the facts speak for themselves.

But he’s never wanted for money (and again you’ll say this club or that club spent x y or z - but were never under the cloud of expulsion from Europe).

The reality is Liverpool or Chelsea may well romp to the title next year. And amongst his acolytes, that won’t count against pep. The only seasons we seem to appraise are the ones where they win, not the intermingled off seasons where they trade titles with someone else

He'll do excellent. Might even win the league next season then he'll start fighting with everyone at the club. Similar pattern to Mourinho.

Problem with Chelsea is they don’t want a traditional manager. They just want a coach. A yes man. The board want to control too much of the playing side.

I remember Jose playing Kennedy (a striker/winger at the time) at left back ahead of Luis, just to make a point of not playing a player forced on him by the board.

I think it may have actually been his last game when he had a flakey at Leicester.

Back