Saturday's Football

DejaVoodoo

Here's today's TV games:

Chelsea vs Manchester City - BT Sport 1 - 12.30pm
Reading vs Middlesbrough - Sky Sports Football - 12.30pm
Deportivo Alaves vs Atletico Madrid - LaLiga TV - 1pm
Inter vs Atalanta - BT Sport 2 - 5.15pm
Chesterfield vs Torquay - BT Sport 1 - 5.20pm
Brentford vs Liverpool - Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Premier League - 5.30pm
Borussia Monchengladbach vs Borussia Dortmund - Sky Sports Football - 5.30pm
Sevilla vs Espanyol - LaLiga TV - 5.30pm
Strasbourg vs Lille - BT Sport Extra 1 - 6pm
Vitoria Guimaraes vs Benfica - FreeSports - 6pm
Genoa vs Verona - BT Sport 1 - 7.45pm
Paris St Germain vs Montpellier - BT Sport 2 - 8pm
Real Madrid vs Villarreal - LaLiga TV - 8pm
Philadelphia Union vs Atlanta United FC - Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Mix 8.30pm

Chelsea: Mendy, James, Christensen, Rudiger, Azpilicueta, Jorginho, Kovacic, Alonso, Kante, Werner, Lukaku

Subs: Arrizabalaga, Silva, Loftus-Cheek, Chalobah, Saul, Hudson-Odoi, Chilwell, Ziyech, Havertz

Man City: Ederson, Walker, Ruben Dias, Laporte, Cancelo, De Bruyne, Rodri, Bernardo Silva, Foden, Gabriel Jesus, Grealish

Subs: Steffen, Stones, Ake, Sterling, Torres, Fernandinho, Mahrez, Palmer, Lavia.

Werner and Lukaku both starting is interesting. Although Werner doesn't have the finishing ability his movement is excellent and will create plenty of space for Lukaku. Havertz an excellent option off the bench.
I'm predicting a chelsea win fairly comfortable. 2-1.

Really looking forward to Chelsea-Man City, a breakfast treat.

With both line-ups, you’d expect fine attacking football.

Really looking forward to Chelsea-Man City, a breakfast treat.

With both line-ups, you’d expect fine attacking football.
Hopefully a decent game. City can be a bit boring with their trying to pass teams to death. The game probably needs an early goal.

Chelsea: Mendy, James, Christensen, Rudiger, Azpilicueta, Jorginho, Kovacic, Alonso, Kante, Werner, Lukaku

Subs: Arrizabalaga, Silva, Loftus-Cheek, Chalobah, Saul, Hudson-Odoi, Chilwell, Ziyech, Havertz

Man City: Ederson, Walker, Ruben Dias, Laporte, Cancelo, De Bruyne, Rodri, Bernardo Silva, Foden, Gabriel Jesus, Grealish

Subs: Steffen, Stones, Ake, Sterling, Torres, Fernandinho, Mahrez, Palmer, Lavia.
Slight change of system woth the extra centre mid for Chelsea

This game is massive for Man City, the top 4 should really hardly be dropping many points outside the top 14 teams in the league, 6 points behind Chelsea if City get beat is a big gap given Chelsea will have played City and been to Liverpool

This game is massive for Man City, the top 4 should really hardly be dropping many points outside the top 14 teams in the league, 6 points behind Chelsea if City get beat is a big gap given Chelsea will have played City and been to Liverpool
Hopefully both sides set out to win, not, not get beat.

I really hate how BT cover football, from the stupid clap your hands song to the nippy as %^*& best pals act of Fletch and Macca, awful, awful interpretation of the sport aimed at wank youtubers generation.

I really hate how BT cover football, from the stupid clap your hands song to the nippy as %^*& best pals act of Fletch and Macca, awful, awful interpretation of the sport aimed at wank youtubers generation.

As bad is Jake Humphries constant mention of 'football philosophies' where he tries to paint Tuchel as some Tony Pulisesque coach.

Makes him look absolutely clueless.

Totally agree. The pish they come up with to attract the younger generation is abysmal. The whole ‘street’ focus is horrendous. Puts me off.

based on my experience at Stamford Bridge a few weeks ago, a good 20/30% of those in attendance at this game are there and seduced by the celebrity and glamour of seeing EPL football players rather than supporting either side.

A load of people who I saw clearly were Chelsea fans and it mattered a lot to them I don't mean to do them a disservice, but a lot of people at the game just looked in a world of awe and fantasy at seeing players in the way some are when they go to a concert, You can be sure a load in the Chelsea end likely have both De Bruyne and Lukuaka tops at home and have totally fallen for the land of imagination and weirdness that league is at it's filthy core.

based on my experience at Stamford Bridge a few weeks ago, a good 20/30% of those in attendance at this game are there and seduced by the celebrity and glamour of seeing EPL football players rather than supporting either side.

A load of people who I saw clearly were Chelsea fans and it mattered a lot to them I don't mean to do them a disservice, but a lot of people at the game just looked in a world of awe and fantasy at seeing players in the way some are when they go to a concert, You can be sure a load in the Chelsea end likely have both De Bruyne and Lukuaka tops at home and have totally fallen for the land of imagination and weirdness that league is at it's filthy core.
A lot of it is soulless corporate guff. I feel quite sorry for the average working class fan down there. It must be very difficult to get to many games for them.

I'm watching Reading vs Middlesbrough just now. Few familiar faces. Got Tavs wee brother Marcus playing. Wikipedia says he's a left sided midfielder but he's playing almost identical to his brother on the right side. Also saw Sol Bamba on the bench for boro, hes 36 now, thought he retired years ago.

Couple of ex Rangers in Ovie Ejaria, and also Matt Crooks (remember him?)

Alaves take a very early lead at home to Atletico Madrid. Laguardia with a header from a corner.

Back