Saturday's Football

Villareal playing much better now and going for the win. Coutinho on for Barcelona. Should be a good last 10 minutes.

Watched the Villa highlights there.

Mings’ partner was horrible.

I can see Gerrard going for Goldson as a cheap option.

When we made the Europa League group stages in Gerrard first season our wage bill was comparable with Ipswich Towns I’m sure.

I think our wage budget now would probably be top end of the English Championship, it may even be similar to Norwich’s or Brentford’s.

I’m pretty sure our budget this season is bigger than Malmö’s (who put us our in the qualifiers). I think our budget would be comfortably bigger than FC Sheriffs too and would either be similar or slightly bigger than Club Bruges and Young Boys budgets.
Norwich have spent £60m in transfer fees this season. Brentford have spent £35m in transfer fees this season. Our budgets are not the same.

Budgets don't just account for wages, it's transfer fees too.

Our budget is probably less than all of the clubs you have mentioned, with FC Sheriff perhaps being the exception.

I'd rather hibs win today I hate playing teams where that stat of them not winning a league in X amount of games going into a game against us that stats has to end at some point so glad that's gone now before they play us
Thought that was just me…

Law of averages always comes to fruition unless there is a ridiculous gulf between the teams. That’s why I can’t help but fear we are due an Old Firm defeat now because the current run can’t go on for ever.

Norwich have spent £60m in transfer fees this season. Brentford have spent £35m in transfer fees this season. Our budgets are not the same.

Budgets don't just account for wages, it's transfer fees too.

Our budget is probably less than all of the clubs you have mentioned, with FC Sheriff perhaps being the exception.

I was replying to the poster who was specifically asking about wage budgets so I don’t really know why you’re bringing transfer fees into it.

Back