Official Ticketer
It's Thomson!

Douglas Ross MP
Andrew McWilliam
Assts

Barry Cook 4th Official.

McLean has St Mirren-Morton.
Beaton Partick-St Johnstone.

maclean doing the st mirren match, he should be suspended , not even an apology or nothing yet the mhanks get an apology from the linesman.

I dont even care about the red cards its the fact he allowed play to continue twice with 2 head knocks that resulted in blood.

maclean doing the st mirren match, he should be suspended , not even an apology or nothing yet the mhanks get an apology from the linesman.

I dont even care about the red cards its the fact he allowed play to continue twice with 2 head knocks that resulted in blood.

I agree. There is no allowance for a ref there - it's stop the game no matter what.

He failed not once - but twice.

The manager's unbeaten away league record under real jeopardy now.

Least we know with him what we are getting and that elbows are a legal offence after all he only booked Andrew Davies at Dingwall for his elbow on Miller.

Sunday "might" fire us up a bit.

Who would give odds on a Rangers red card in 20 minutes?

b566x1.gif[

Morelos hacked down in box - no pen
Morelos first foul - booked
Elbow to Morelos - nothing to see here
Studs up tackle on Candeias - nothing to see here

Just a couple of incidents from Thomsons last Rangers outing.

After the wide publicity on how Motherwell bullied us and were far more physical than us, I fully expect Levein to approach the game in the same manner.

Let's see how Thomson deals with it. Going by this season, we'll no doubt see Jack and Morelos booked for pissy wee fouls whilst our players get snapped and elbowed all over the park.

Is there any referee you would actually prefer in Scotland? Collum? Is he the best we have?
By far the best.
People will always point to the penalty at Falkirk with him.
The fact that is one decision and it was 3 years ago proves that he is a good referee.

The mentally challengeds despise Collum, who by all accounts is an RC sellick fan. That tells it's own story.

You could write a book about Thomson.

By far the best.
People will always point to the penalty at Falkirk with him.
The fact that is one decision and it was 3 years ago proves that he is a good referee.

You could write a book about Thomson.

I can only remember the tackle being miles outside the box, but surely the linesman should be up with play and telling the referee it's outside the box.

A referee chasing the play could understandably make a wrong call.

Just when you thought Saturday couldn’t get any worse. It was going to be hard enough against Hearts without this clown in charge.

I can only remember the tackle being miles outside the box, but surely the linesman should be up with play and telling the referee it's outside the box.

Good points which only highlight how difficult it is to find bad decisions he's given against us.

McLean and Beaton have had more in one game each this season than Collum ever has.

I think it's easier to take if you can understand why a ref has made a certain decision.

Sunday was totally incomprehensible.

I saw the waist high kungfu kick from 70 yards away for goodness sake - no foul.

It's Thomson!

Douglas Ross MP
Andrew McWilliam
Assts

Barry Cook 4th Official.

McLean has St Mirren-Morton.
Beaton Partick-St Johnstone.

Levein is certain to have his thugs throwing hammers at us from the first whistle. This might just work in our favour.

Suspended ? - He should be sacked.

Twice failing to stop play for a head injury should be enough for the high heid yins to sack him for incompetence

Levein will have his players kicking, elbowing, shoving and probably stamping all over ours in the first 20mins. No bookings.

Morelos will get booked on 25mins for his first foul.

Jack sent off just after half an hour.

If I could bet on that happening I would.

The penalty he awarded us at Hampden for a foul on Jelavic then changed his mind without any discussion with his assistants. Has he ever explained this??

You did see that Thomson is the ref yeah?

Fxxking hell.

Yes I saw it and i am well aware it was he who failed to send black off for his disgrace on jelavic.

However, Thomson tends to try to stop over aggressive tactics. Levein will not be able to help himself from telling his players to be aggressive.

We need to be prepared to play hearts and also play the ref correctly.

Pelt him with eggs on his way into Murrayfield. Up to you if you want to hard boil them first. We’ll get nothing but grief from him so may as well have some fun beforehand

He,like all other refs will have his game plan ready. Allow a few assaults on our players,give them free kicks in dangerous positions at every opportunity.Book a Rangers player early on to put pressure on him for a red card.Annoy us by breaking up play for no reason other than to get himself on camera.He'll give us a few meaningless foul but ignore all the big calls.That's the poet thimson way.

The penalty he awarded us at Hampden for a foul on Jelavic then changed his mind without any discussion with his assistants. Has he ever explained this??

Aye it was something to do with a drainage slope I think.

If he was not certain it was in the box he cannot give a penalty, or ehhhh, he can cheat.
Do you remember how far outside the box the tackle was? There is only one "understandable" reason for giving a penalty.

Levein is certain to have his thugs throwing hammers at us from the first whistle. This might just work in our favour.
Craig Thomson was the ref when Ian Black out Jelavic out of the game for months. He booked him.

So, while I admire your optimism I don't share it.

If he was not certain it was in the box he cannot give a penalty, or ehhhh, he can cheat.
Do you remember how far outside the box the tackle was? There is only one "understandable" reason for giving a penalty.

If he's not certain and uses the linesman for help and he says it's in the box and a penalty so then he takes the linesman word, which I assume happens all the time for officials.

So I fully expect the back pages piling the pressure on Thomson et al in the run up to the game on Saturday, the tone being he better not make any mistakes because we've been victimised to date by referees. That's the norm now isn't it?

In all seriousness we need someone to come out and state we will be watching refereeing performances extremely closely from now on, particularly given the lamentable state decision making and control seen this season to date. We must exert pressure and show some bloody balls.

Craig Thomson was the ref when Ian Black out Jelavic out of the game for months. He booked him.

So, while I admire your optimism I don't share it.

Not having a go Craigie but - if you have quoted all of the post you were replying to you would see that I said I know Thomson was ref when Black took out Jelavic.

The point is Thomson in general usually clamps down early on thuggish play - Levein is as thuggish as they come and has made it clear in the past he detests Rangers. He will not be able to help himself.

I know this is optimistic given the shit we have had this season so let's see. If Pedro plays it right he can work it in our favour.

Be incompetent & be inconsistent that seems to be the way of the refs in this small toxic country.

Can anyone imagine the uproar the decisons made and not made by Mclean if he was the ref in a Sunday pub league match,he would be lucky to make it to his car at the end.

Not having a go Craigie but - if you have quoted all of the post you were replying to you would see that I said I know Thomson was ref when Black took out Jelavic.

The point is Thomson in general usually clamps down early on thuggish play - Levein is as thuggish as they come and has made it clear in the past he detests Rangers. He will not be able to help himself.

I know this is optimistic given the shit we have had this season so let's see. If Pedro plays it right he can work it in our favour.
I did quote the whole post.

Fxxking hell.

Yes I saw it and i am well aware it was he who failed to send black off for his disgrace on jelavic.

However, Thomson tends to try to stop over aggressive tactics. Levein will not be able to help himself from telling his players to be aggressive.

We need to be prepared to play hearts and also play the ref correctly.

I never even knew he was the ref that day!
I'm referring more to
Stokes dive.
Jelavic penalty cheating.
Imaginary handball to help selluck out last season.
Two dives in last seasons semi final, ours was a yellow card, the poets was a jokey talking to.
Sellick allowed 4 or 5 bad tackles just a few weeks back, Morelos booked for his first foul.

It's neither here nor there what his reputation is for the heavy stuff, in fact your own post proves it.
Kevin Thompson, Danny Wilson or Steven Smith it's a red card.
Jelavic or Amdy Faye the victim, it's probably not even a foul.

He cannot be trusted to referee a Rangers game, holding both teams to the same standards.
No matter the result on Saturday, we will be guaranteed a thread on this prìcks decision making. It'll be a bit worse than usual as he'll have a telly audience.

Sorry, but in saying that you must also be saying there is only one 'understandable' reason Beaton missed Fod handling the ball outside the box against Hamilton in the cup last season.
On both occasions, the ref would have wanted the linesmans help.
On neither occasion did that happen.

If you think somehow Collum cheated in awarding Falkirk that penalty then you must also be of the opinion that Beaton cheated to help us out?
Both were pretty clear that they were outside the box.

Back