Say we win it next sunday with them dropping points

If they throw the game it shows how pathetic they are, that they have absolutely zero faith in beating us themselves in their own midden

Might even be a bigger victory than actually winning the league against them. Knowing we're living rent free in their mind and they know deep down they don't stand a chance.

If they throw the game it shows how pathetic they are, that they have absolutely zero faith in beating us themselves in their own midden

Might even be a bigger victory than actually winning the league against them. Knowing we're living rent free in their mind and they know deep down they don't stand a chance.
They dont need to throw the game. They are pretty pish and theyve already struggled at Tannadice this season.

Although Dundee Utd now have nothing to play for.

If we win it a Parkhead, surely we’re all heading to Ibrox to welcome the team back? If the team even come back to Ibrox? Even for trophy day, I think I’d rather be at Ibrox than George Square.. not sure why, just feel Edmindson Drive, packed with bears, under the shadow of the Mainstand is where the celebrations should be.

I’ll be taking a run up to the stadium after the scumdee Utd vs scum if that’s when it’s won. Looking forward to seeing many smiling bears if that’s the case

If we win it a Parkhead, surely we’re all heading to Ibrox to welcome the team back? If the team even come back to Ibrox? Even for trophy day, I think I’d rather be at Ibrox than George Square.. not sure why, just feel Edmindson Drive, packed with bears, under the shadow of the Mainstand is where the celebrations should be.
Team would go back to Auchenhowie

I’ll probably need carried there

I'm not trying to kill anyone's buzz, far from it tbh.

I'd just hate for the headlines the day after we win 55 to be about our fans behaviour at George Square. Let's just keep the songsheet clean and everything will be fine.
I agree, Buzz :cool: .

There will not be a Single positive headline coming out of this - no matter if the Bears are on best behaviour or not.

I agree, Buzz :cool: .

There will not be a Single positive headline coming out of this - no matter if the Bears are on best behaviour or not.

I agree but I think we can all agree there are different levels to the negative headlines.

I'm just asking the support to behave ourselves (I think everyone knows what I mean).

If folk do descend on George Square it'll be magnet for idiots. Hopefully everyone has a great time but I'll be nowhere near.
Do you not go to Rangers games? Idiots everywhere on all walks of society, dont let it get you down!

It would be a little disappointing not to win it on the field of play. However, you can’t control these things. It a competition won over 38 games and the important things is we win it.

I’ll be celebrating like crazy whenever it happens

Who cares what the mhedia say. We are in danger of losing our culture and what Rangers represents because of the very people our club are supposed to oppose.

I don't really want to get into a full on debate about this as it'll derail the thread.

I don't disagree with what you say but the support as a whole need to box more clever.

Thousands of people descending on George Square to celebrate 55 is amazing. Let's make it a celebration about Rangers and keep the "%^*& the popes" etc out of it.

As much as I agree with you, we have to box clever.

Lets make the headlines be about 55 and the celebrations.
I hear what your saying mate, but let's be honest here, they will find a negative either way. We've tried being nice and the scottish cup final proves my point. That day and the behaviour of the media proved to me that we can't win.

When they're against you, nothing will change. We could have a whip round and give 50 grand to a homeless shelter and they'd find someone on video singing the sash with a bigot headline.

I'm very uneasy about all the chat about the party at George Square if I'm honest.

I hope the fans who do go behave themselves properly (I think we all know what that means) and keep the songs clean.
Agreed, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Unfortunately circumstances such as these bring out the worst characters who will run about screaming %^*& the Pope tanning Bucky but couldn't tell you our starting XI.

Of course the majority are not like this, but it's never the decent majority that make headlines.

Tbh the only thing im concerned about is visiting Greigs statue on the day, taxi and hang around for an hour or two peacefully, just taking it in. I have a deep passion for our stadium considering the state of some you see, it is the Mecca of Rangers to me, so yeah ill be chilling around Edminston, 6 -7 cans in, possibly lines. I cant be sure. But will soak it all up for sure ma man. B-D

I hear what your saying mate, but let's be honest here, they will find a negative either way. We've tried being nice and the scottish cup final proves my point. That day and the behaviour of the media proved to me that we can't win.

When they're against you, nothing will change. We could have a whip round and give 50 grand to a homeless shelter and they'd find someone on video singing the sash with a bigot headline.
Agreed, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Unfortunately circumstances such as these bring out the worst characters who will run about screaming %^*& the Pope tanning Bucky but couldn't tell you our starting XI.

Of course the majority are not like this, but it's never the decent majority that make headlines.

All I really want is for our fans not to sing about the pope, the IRA or Bobby Sands tbh. Everything else is pretty much fair game.

We're going to be there to celebrate 55, lets sing about Rangers and nothing else.

I honestly couldn't give a %^*& where we win it or what they do away from us.
I just hope Gerrard goes at them like we went at Antwerp. Aim for 10-0 and even win 5-2 would be fine.
Hell, if we lost 4-2 would it really matter?
Of course we wouldn't be happy but it might bring them into a false sense of not being too far away.

The league is done so I'd like to outplay them and see what pans out

I don't know why all the talk of George Square. Why not Ibrox?

I know I will be heading to Ibrox. Happens to be a 15 minute walk for me though B-):shh:

I'm with you here mate. No matter what we do we will be vilified. 'Gers yobs rampage through city centre' will be the order of the day.

I would still like to think we will behave regardless.

There will be plenty of scum there to record our behaviour, keep it clean and keep the stories as simply sensationalised headlines instead of videoed evidence.

We have waited long enough for this, we have watched those 19th Century Terrorist bastards dance upon riot vans and be lauded.

This is our turn.

No apologies, No Surrender.

This is our country and our culture.
We Are The People

There is a worldwide pandemic on.

Do you remember the outrage when Liverpool won the league and the fans were breaking lockdown rules. We would be slaughtered. The shine would be taken off 55 by the press before the trophy was polished. The hard work by the team and ten years of supporting the club from the bottom up undone and written out. Same reaction as the day after Manchester is brewing here.

Be a huge own goal, especially with the elections coming up. They want us jumping around breaking rules with Union flags for the front pages.

If you want to act like it’s the 12th of July, why not wait until then. I’ll join you for a pint.

Last edited:
There is a worldwide pandemic on.

Do you remember the outrage when Liverpool won the league and the fans were breaking lockdown rules. We would be slaughtered. The shine would be taken off 55 by the press before the trophy was polished. The hard work by the team and ten years of supporting the club from the bottom up undone and written out. Same reaction as the day after Manchester is brewing here.

Be a huge own goal, especially with the elections coming up. They want us jumping around breaking rules with Union flags for the front pages.

If you want to act like it’s the 12th of July, why not wait until then. I’ll join you for a pint.

I would like to categorically stage that this was not what I meant.

Lockdown "rules" are an utter farce.

I'm just trying to convince our fans not to sing some of the more "cultural" songs during the celebrations.

I’m confident that even though there is a number of old woman on here telling us what the media have told them to say. I’m confident there are enough amongst us who won’t allow this title to go by without the celebration it’s due.

Imagine in ten years time looking back on this day and saying you sat in the house and answered the door with your mask on because Nicola sturgeon told you to?

Not for me.

Back