Say we win it next sunday with them dropping points

I’m confident that even though there is a number of old woman on here telling us what the media have told them to say. I’m confident there are enough amongst us who won’t allow this title to go by without the celebration it’s due.

Imagine in ten years time looking back on this day and saying you sat in the house and answered the door with your mask on because Nicola sturgeon told you to?

Not for me.
There is plenty time for celebration, the season does not end until May. By that time restrictions should have lifted enough to allow gatherings. Celebrate then, in a large organised manner.

There is plenty time for celebration, the season does not end until May. By that time restrictions should have lifted enough to allow gatherings. Celebrate then, in a large organised manner.
You seriously believe that?
You’re comfortable risking us celebrating our 55th title in the hope restrictions should be lifted?
Each to their own.

I would like to categorically stage that this was not what I meant.

Lockdown "rules" are an utter farce.

I'm just trying to convince our fans not to sing some of the more "cultural" songs during the celebrations.

Wasn’t replying to you so unsure why you’ve replied to me off tangent? Placename loyals do love to stir it.

I can ‘categorically state,’ I WILL be singing some of our more cultural songs, but in a way that won’t get Rangers and our fans all over the papers.

Your opinion of lockdown rules is ripe for the Alan partridge shoulder shrug gif but I’m not able to oblige.

You seriously believe that?
You’re comfortable risking us celebrating our 55th title in the hope restrictions should be lifted?
Each to their own.
We can celebrate any time from when the league is won right up until next season starts in August. In the meantime my advice would be to celebrate in your own homes and wait until restrictions have lifted to have a massive, planned celebration.

Wasn’t replying to you so unsure why you’ve replied to me off tangent? Placename..check ...loyals do love controversy.

I can ‘categorically state,’ I WILL be singing some of our more cultural songs, but in a way that won’t get Rangers and our fans all over the papers.

Your opinion of lockdown rules is ripe for the Alan partridge shoulder shrug gif but I’m not able to oblige.

You replied to someone who replied to my post. I was just making my position clear.

I have no issue with our more cultural songs but they have a time and a place to be sung. George Square when we clinch 55 isn't the time or place.

The very fact we're talking about a potential party at George Square shows what the majority of people think of the lockdown "rules".

They dont need to throw the game. They are pretty pish and theyve already struggled at Tannadice this season.

Although Dundee Utd now have nothing to play for.

Why don't they have anything to play for?

Bearing in mind that we play St mirren the day prior and presumably beat them, then a win for Dundee Utd puts them a point behind St mirren with 1 to play before split as far as I can see.

I'm not trying to kill anyone's buzz, far from it tbh.

I'd just hate for the headlines the day after we win 55 to be about our fans behaviour at George Square. Let's just keep the songsheet clean and everything will be fine.
Bang on mate and I'd like to think the majority of our fanbase are better than that with covid, lockdowns and the likes....

You replied to someone who replied to my post. I was just making my position clear.

I have no issue with our more cultural songs but they have a time and a place to be sung. George Square when we clinch 55 isn't the time or place.

The very fact we're talking about a potential party at George Square shows what the majority of people think of the lockdown "rules".
Yes it is , what do you think the beggars would’ve done if they had won ten . Gerry Adams would be singing karaoke

Yes it is , what do you think the beggars would’ve done if they had won ten . Gerry Adams would be singing karaoke

I don't care what they would or wouldn't do.

We've waited 10 years for this moment, can we please just sing songs in support of Rangers and leave the "cultural" tunes for another time?

The idea that thousands of our fans would descend on George Square to celebrate our first title in 10 years and sing about the pope and the IRA really makes me feel quite depressed.

The cultural songs have a time and a place, the 55 league celebrations is not it.

I’m confident that even though there is a number of old woman on here telling us what the media have told them to say. I’m confident there are enough amongst us who won’t allow this title to go by without the celebration it’s due.

Imagine in ten years time looking back on this day and saying you sat in the house and answered the door with your mask on because Nicola sturgeon told you to?

Not for me.
At least wear a mask when you‘re out, there’s some good red white and blue ones.

I'm not trying to kill anyone's buzz, far from it tbh.

I'd just hate for the headlines the day after we win 55 to be about our fans behaviour at George Square. Let's just keep the songsheet clean and everything will be fine.
It's all about "the Rangers" - the most successful team in football history

(no sectarianism)

As soon as the final whistle goes for us to win it , whether it be next weekend or at the piggery on the 21st I will be cracking open a bottle of bubbly and getting the tunes on and no doubt shedding a tear or two.

Won't be going out but certainly won't be upset if people are caught up in the emotions and head to Ibrox or George Square. Buzzing for the young team who have never seen us win a major trophy!

Ill have the league souness possible.

The arabs will not beat the mhanks next week.

It'll go to us playing for the trophy at the piggery.

Ill have the league souness possible.

The arabs will not beat the mhanks next week.

It'll go to us playing for the trophy at the piggery.

If we beat Livi and st mirren I can definitely see the mhanks dropping points on Sunday mate.

If we win it a Parkhead, surely we’re all heading to Ibrox to welcome the team back? If the team even come back to Ibrox? Even for trophy day, I think I’d rather be at Ibrox than George Square.. not sure why, just feel Edmindson Drive, packed with bears, under the shadow of the Mainstand is where the celebrations should be.
If we were living in normal times then of course we would but its not really that simple with Covid restrictions in place, I know some people don't care about restrictions but a lot of people do.

The end of the season will be the time to do it when a lot of restrictions have been lifted.

There will be a big push from the club to ask folk to stay home when it’s clinched I’d imagine, we’re still in Europe and if we take to the streets in our thousands we stand a chance of getting football stopped.

Save the big celebrations for trophy day.

No doubt gollum will be hiding in the bushes with his phone on record.
Sturgeon is going to a have a heart attack about social distancing.
And we will be painted as bigots as usual.

If people go and celebrate in George square it’s gonna look really bad on us. The press and authorities will be all over it. I know people will still do it but in the current climate it’s incredibly selfish. Some of the people who do it are probably the same people who wanted Paterson and bassey sacked.

I have a sneaky suspicion that the polis might treat us differently to the shark fans that were protesting at Sharkheid a wee while back. Outside Ibrox surely? City centre is asking for trouble and bad press.

I imagine the negative headlines about the fans celebrating are already written just waiting to be published as they know how long we have waited for our return to the top.

I don't care what they would or wouldn't do.

We've waited 10 years for this moment, can we please just sing songs in support of Rangers and leave the "cultural" tunes for another time?

The idea that thousands of our fans would descend on George Square to celebrate our first title in 10 years and sing about the pope and the IRA really makes me feel quite depressed.

The cultural songs have a time and a place, the 55 league celebrations is not it.
So you SERIOUSLY think when we are partying in George sq , we won’t be singing the billy boys and follow follow . Your deluded mate . Suppose you actually sing Aberdeen and back again

So you SERIOUSLY think when we are partying in George sq , we won’t be singing the billy boys and follow follow . Your deluded mate . Suppose you actually sing Aberdeen and back again

You're making my point for me.

I know we're going to sing the songs and I can already see the headlines the following day.

One day guys like yourself will wake up and realise the battle we're in, I just hope it's not too late before you realise.

I'm very uneasy about all the chat about the party at George Square if I'm honest.

I hope the fans who do go behave themselves properly (I think we all know what that means) and keep the songs clean.
There is absolutely no chance of either of those things.

If they throw the game it shows how pathetic they are, that they have absolutely zero faith in beating us themselves in their own midden

Might even be a bigger victory than actually winning the league against them. Knowing we're living rent free in their mind and they know deep down they don't stand a chance.
Do you think they're actually good enough to choose their result next week m8 ?

The majority of people respect the lockdown "rules" imo, that said a minority of Rangers fans is a LOT of people.

Why don’t we all go the front door and clap for the Rangers
aye now !!! Then we can all give it la on trophy day.We have arranged to travel up on trophy day
championees and GSOQ order of the day and get blootered.

There will be a big push from the club to ask folk to stay home when it’s clinched I’d imagine, we’re still in Europe and if we take to the streets in our thousands we stand a chance of getting football stopped.

Save the big celebrations for trophy day.

Why would football get stopped if the fans took to the street to celebrate? You trying to pitch for a job with the Daily Record?

The majority of people respect the lockdown "rules" imo, that said a minority of Rangers fans is a LOT of people.

They are respecting them now. They won't respect them on the day we win the title, there will be thousands of people descending on George Square.

Why would football get stopped if the fans took to the street to celebrate? You trying to pitch for a job with the Daily Record?

Aye that’s exactly what I’m doing, do you think thousands in George Square under current restrictions would be looked on as being ok? Of course it wouldn’t, whether we like it or not we’re still in what is supposed to be a full lockdown, and it would be another stick to beat football with.

I've got my big Union flag ready to go, only ever gets out at elections, this year will be different B-D

I think them dropping points next game is as much a certainty as Aberdeen beating them a few seasons ago to confirm 3rd place for us. Wish I’d put money on it then and I will be now.

Why don't they have anything to play for?

Bearing in mind that we play St mirren the day prior and presumably beat them, then a win for Dundee Utd puts them a point behind St mirren with 1 to play before split as far as I can see.
Correct. Dundee Utd need a win next Sunday to keep their top 6 hopes alive. (Assuming we beat St Mirren).

I agree but I think we can all agree there are different levels to the negative headlines.

I'm just asking the support to behave ourselves (I think everyone knows what I mean).
Everyone knows what you mean, but don’t assume that everyone will pay attention.

I think this whole George Sq thing is just asking for trouble, and will end up overshadowing what should be a momentous occasion when the press will use any excuse to take the shine off our victory even if the majority behave themselves. Why give them the ammunition in the first place?

My pal is having a garden party on trophy day.

I'll celebrate at home when it's official.

I'm going nowhere near George Square - it'll be full of bams and when the Police show up it'll get ugly, quickly.

Aye that’s exactly what I’m doing, do you think thousands in George Square under current restrictions would be looked on as being ok? Of course it wouldn’t, whether we like it or not we’re still in what is supposed to be a full lockdown, and it would be another stick to beat football with.

The authorities made their bed when they accepted the upteen protests with thousands of people last summer and at times actively encouraged them. We now have the majority of the at risk population vaccinated which wasn't the case last summer.

Thousands of Bears will be out partying and rightly so.

I personally wouldnt go next Sunday. Doubt I would even if we win it at Parkhead. Definitely will in May though if pubs are open etc.
That's what we should hope for - at least some form of relaxation by the day we get the trophy to allow 'gatherings'.

No point me going over the arguments as to why George Square in March would be a disaster -they've all been alluded to already.

Back