Scared To Play Killie Away In First Game

Lord Summerisle

Administrator
Staff member
Are people really shitting it from us opening with Kilmarnock away?

Some of the posts in the big fixtures thread are certainly giving that impression.

C’mon to fuck, if we want to win #55, we need to start going to places like this and routinely swatting these teams aside.

The last time we clinched the league, we put five past the fuckers – that’s the mindset we need to start going to places like Killie with.

We finished strongly last season, this is a new season that will see our squad further improved, and our managerial team have a year’s experience under their belts now – so let’s man the fuck up.

Let’s fucking go!

They wont be as strong and as well organised as last season.

Also with European qualifiers my guess is they will have one eye on this...…..They also don't have the squad depth we have.

Ideal time to play them imo….rather than a few months down the line when they find their feet and don't have Europe

They'll probably revert back to relegation candidates without Clarke and some Italian guy in charge. Obviously it's an ambitious appointment but if I was betting on it, I'd say it looks more likely to flop that succeed.

Psychologically it's probably our biggest test

Go there and hump them and it sets down a proper marker for the season ahead

Jones to score 2 in a 4-1 win

The only thing that scares me about this is not getting a ticket.
Best away day
Biggest away support
Our new players will be chomping at the bit.

Perfect opening fixture.

Dont be scared. This is our year and we have to do it. I agree its not the best start to the league - but whether we like it or not we have to take max points from our first 4 if were realistic about challenging. I believe this is our year and i think we will overcome these tough tests. bring them all on one by one.

Some of the posts in the big fixtures thread are certainly giving that impression.

C’mon to fuck, if we want to win #55, we need to start going to places like this and routinely swatting these teams aside.

The last time we clinched the league, we put five past the fuckers – that’s the mindset we need to start going to places like Killie with.

We finished strongly last season, this is a new season that will see our squad further improved, and our managerial team have a year’s experience under their belts now – so let’s man the fuck up.

Let’s fucking go!

As I said on another thread, they will be just back from Belgrade and don't have anything like the depth of squad we have.

It makes a potentially tricky game so much easier.

There's some serious "mentally challenged victim" mentality on here and it's embarrassing.

We will body them.

Lots of folk seem to assume that this Italian boy will be a good manager, but there's every chance he's a total disaster.

Not that it's going to make any difference to us.

Our record there is awful to be honest but they will be back from playing a tough game in Serbia. A comfortable win first game would be massive and would give us a great chance of 9 points from 9 before the pigs come to Ibrox.

I think Kilmarnock will struggle next season.

It's always hard to emulate a strong season especially with all the change and the added factor of a small squad with European football

Never scared of them, more just disappointed that the first game back is on a carpet! :oops:

We’ll destroy them, they’re hemorrhaging players!

We shouldn't be "scared" or "worried" about facing Kilmarnock at any stage but Clarke has gone and their new Italian manager could easily end up a failure.

We are going for 55 and trying to stop 9 or 10 in a row, this is no time for the fans to be pessimistic and worrying about diddy teams.

We are Rangers and should fear nobody in Scotland, it's time to get our swagger and mojo back.

Last edited:
No Steve Clarke
No Jordan Jones
No Daniel Bachmann (their keeper, who is actually alright)
No Kris Boyd (though he didn't do much last season)
No Ndjoli

New manager, less organised. I ain't scared.

I wouldn’t say we were scared, just wary, and with good reason too.

We lost twice there last season and it is an appalling surface.

Already it's not the same team and their squad could likely get even worse. New manager, likely going to be in the 2nd qualifying round which means they'll be coming back from Serbia a couple days before the match. The pitch is still the same but no reason to fear them

Of course we are scared, didn't you hear they have best manager in the league, source Billy Bowie 21.06.2019.

Now that we've had the bants, we will scud them and you'll find them go back into their pitiful wee shell after a couple of years of thinking they are something under the alky mentally challenged.

Let’s fucking go!

We owe these fuckers one.

Despite our cup success over them they were the only team in the league who had a positive head to head over us last season.

Yet when we play them our fans are strangely lethargic at Ibrox.

Let’s get up for the Killie game(s) next season & put them in their place.

I'm actually happy as it takes a trip to Rugby Park out the way from Day 1, thankfully. Sick of the sight of the place. Avoid them in the cups then we have a full season (apart from Game 1) knowing we only need to visit once more.

Should be interesting for the CCCS numbers. Are we thinking they'll give us the one stand like the last game last season again?

We will know within the first month of the season whether we have the bollocks to put aside last years poor performance.

Time to stand up and be counted, not hide behind what could of been.

There is no doubt that we hate playing on their plastic pitch, even the few wins we have had on it have not been convincing.

However our 2 defeats last season were down to our own defensive errors and very, very questionable refereeing decisions.

Killie will be buzzing, no douvt about it, a nw manager and again 3/4 of ground of their own support. However we have far better players, the motivation of 55 (and stopping NIAR) and the lessons of last season's poor start (dropping 7 points in 4 games). I expect us to hit the ground running, anything less than 3 points and the pressure is on right away.

These games are just set for Jones or Stewart to score the winner or at least by the decider!

Debut against former club etc - it’s weird how these things always seem to pan out that way

Back