Scared To Play Killie Away In First Game

Tough game on a shite pitch, but no excuses. Just go and win the game.
New pitch being laid, with new manager tactics to adapt too, plus a competitive game with a long flight home from Belgrade 3 days before they face the Rangers - something Kilmarnock have never been subjected too in preparation or the buzz they normally have in a full weeks unrestricted training that they normally get from facing the Rangers - that said we will beat them by at least 2 goals regardless of what killie do or don’t do

I wouldnt surprise me to see Killie struggle under the Italian... tricky enviroment for any foreigner and quite a culture shock for him, I look forward to watching videos of the Kille Super fan going bananas online again in the coming months.

No Steve Clarke
No Jordan Jones
No Daniel Bachmann (their keeper, who is actually alright)
No Kris Boyd (though he didn't do much last season)
No Ndjoli

New manager, less organised. I ain't scared.

Nail on head - their shite pitch & potential injuries should be our only concern as long as we're 100% prepared.

It’s getting to the stage we play Kilmarnock once a month whether we need to or not

Do we aye.

Are people really shitting it from us opening with Kilmarnock away?

Some of the posts in the big fixtures thread are certainly giving that impression.

C’mon to fuck, if we want to win #55, we need to start going to places like this and routinely swatting these teams aside.

The last time we clinched the league, we put five past the fuckers – that’s the mindset we need to start going to places like Killie with.

We finished strongly last season, this is a new season that will see our squad further improved, and our managerial team have a year’s experience under their belts now – so let’s man the fuck up.

Let’s fucking go!
Well said.

Some on here would have found drama whatever the fixtures were.

I think it a more than decent opening 4 fixtures

The Panty Wetters need to shut their gubs and get on with it.

It’s plain and simple get more points than the mentally challengeds and we win the league.

No excuses, where and when games have to be played.

We cannot let them win 9 in a row. FACT!

I was pleasantly surprised with the opening fixtures.
We could get off to a great start....a championship winning start. Aug and Sept look good to me.

Not scared to play Killie, more scared of losing key players to long term injuries in our 1st game.

There is no doubt that we hate playing on their plastic pitch, even the few wins we have had on it have not been convincing.

However our 2 defeats last season were down to our own defensive errors and very, very questionable refereeing decisions.

Killie will be buzzing, no douvt about it, a nw manager and again 3/4 of ground of their own support. However we have far better players, the motivation of 55 (and stopping NIAR) and the lessons of last season's poor start (dropping 7 points in 4 games). I expect us to hit the ground running, anything less than 3 points and the pressure is on right away.
They'll allocate 3/4 of their ground to their support, they'll likely fill 40% or so of that allocation at best.

Time we play them we would have played 8 games 4 in Europe and 4 friendlys with a solid base in place from last season we should be up and running

I hope they make it through the first European qualifier against the Welsh, because that means 3 says before playing us they'll be in Serbia.

I've no doubt we'll beat them, but that would help too.

Jordan Jones and Greg Stewart to score. I'm not scared of Killie, brand new manager and their pitch is better now but it's still astro.

I think killie away is great for the first game. Gerrard knows Rugby park by now and their terrible tactics under Clarke will hopefully be gone under their new manager. Great first three points to make a stamp on the hunt for 55.

Some of the posts in the big fixtures thread are certainly giving that impression.

C’mon to fuck, if we want to win #55, we need to start going to places like this and routinely swatting these teams aside.

The last time we clinched the league, we put five past the fuckers – that’s the mindset we need to start going to places like Killie with.

We finished strongly last season, this is a new season that will see our squad further improved, and our managerial team have a year’s experience under their belts now – so let’s man the fuck up.

Let’s fucking go!

Correct!!

we won there start of last season in league cup - we can do it again although Jamie Murphy will be a little apprehensive i would presume but will be looking to get back playing.

Let’s fucking go!

We fear nobody
AYE READY
WATP

Let’s fucking go!
Agree let’s get them fukin sorted early doors points in bag

we won there start of last season in league cup - we can do it again although Jamie Murphy will be a little apprehensive i would presume but will be looking to get back playing.
The thought of Davis/Arfield getting crocked on that pitch is what terrifies me. One for big Ross, Doc etc - sort Power and Dicker out early doors, then we take them apart.

Let’s fucking go!
We made a mess of the games against Kilmarnock last year - not a single league win.... this fixture is the perfect opportunity to put that right.

If there’s a Rangers player nervous about facing them in the first match of the season then they shouldn’t be at Ibrox.

These are the games that cost us the title last season,we go there first game this season get a victory were of to a flyer,really feel this is our year,let's go.

We shouldn't be "scared" or "worried" about facing Kilmarnock at any stage but Clarke has gone and their new Italian manager could easily end up a failure.

We are going for 55 and trying to stop 9 or 10 in a row, this is no time for the fans to be pessimistic and worrying about diddy teams.

We are Rangers and should fear nobody in Scotland, it's time to get our swagger and mojo back.
Who is there new Italian manager?

A lot of stupid mistakes were made at the start of the last term. We start with a clean slate. The manager will have Rangers up for the game.
We owe these bastia's big time and Gerrard himself knows this.
Im fairly satisfied with the opening fixtures, more than can be said for last season.

Let’s fucking go!

True

Will be a repeat of Leicester city for them. Had a good season but now the managers moved on as well as Jordan Jones. Few others missing. Should hopefully be a shite season for them. Should be an easy win

No, their hoofers will still be trying to understand real footballing tactics from their new manager instead of the negative football they played. I reckon it the ideal 1st away fixture. Comfortable win.

Who is there new Italian manager?

giphy.gif

Back