Scary thought to the rest of Scottish football we have still to hit form.

Laudrup is God

Someone will take a real sore one when we click and hit form imo.

Still think the balance in midfield is a little off and we can create more but in possession we look so in control and to think we have Morelos Kent Hagi Roofe Helander still to come in and the likes of Matondo to hit form and Lawrence on the bench.

The rest should be scared because when we hit form and fitness they will be battered imo.

If we do click up another few gears the gulf in class between us and the rest will be as big as I can remember.

St Johnstone today sat back most of the match and still found themselves at the end of a 4-0 defeat.

Our improving movement and passing will destroy some sides. I just hope Gio doesn't hold the team back in the harder away games, if Hibs try and play next week we could batter them with the spaces left.

If we do click up another few gears the gulf in class between us and the rest will be as big as I can remember.

St Johnstone today sat back most of the match and still found themselves at the end of a 4-0 defeat.

Our improving movement and passing will destroy some sides. I just hope Gio doesn't hold the team back in the harder away games, if Hibs try and play next week we could batter them with the spaces left.
That’s my only worry is Gio is a little conservative but I think he’s a quick learner and will fire us to the title

3 Sep will be huge. I think both us and them will go into the game on maximum points. Be a huge confidence boost for whoever wins. Fwiw it will be us.

Every bad season we’ve had has been littered with these types of posts at some stage. We’ve no idea how we will develop individually and collectively

Agreed. Let's see where we are after old firm game. If we're sitting top and having qualified for the CL groups, we'll be looking good.

Agreed. Let's see where we are after old firm game. If we're sitting top and having qualified for the CL groups, we'll be looking good.
Look at the signs we were without our 3 best players and still absolutely bossed it and I don’t think we are any near top gear yet so I’m feeling excited and optimistic because when this squad get in the groove the rest should fear

Look back at past couple of games.
Livingston away, (1-2)
Killie home (2-0)
St Johnstone (4-0)

First two games we played against almost 10man defence, and we moaned of not finding ways through.

St.johnstone again, sat back 10 man defence, but we finally found a way to unlock them, with a team thats finally clicking together.

In most of these games we had 80% possession and loads of groans from stands, because we couldnt unlock them. Yesterday (saturday), look at the difference, players taking on defenders, shots from outside box, intelligent quick passing, even at one point Goldson on wing. This team are going somewhere and now, all these teams that come to Ibrox and sit back know they are fûcked

Defense is our issue. We’re still prone to the odd gaff which often comes at the worst possible time. We gave them a chance early doors today and if that had gone in it could have been a long afternoon

That was some tackle from Matondo in their box for the 3rd some of the first touch football was a joy to watch that is only going to get sharper imo, full steam we will be devastating. That midweek Euro result was some boost.

I think we might see more tempo around the end of September
My feeling is we're building up our endurance fitness gradually thinking how long the season is and how many games we play.
I get the feeling Gio doesn’t know his strongest side yet but Defo getting players up to speed

That’s my only worry is Gio is a little conservative but I think he’s a quick learner and will fire us to the title
I don’t think he is.. I think he had to pick up a squad mid-season last year and make it work.

They’ve had the best part of a year to work together now and add a few new players in to address gaps.

4 goal win, 4 different scorers, clean sheet. I’ll take that any day of the week for a home fixture.

That was a very good performance and I believe that this current squad are only going to get better. 55 was wonderful but securing 56 League Titles this season would be amazing.

Delighted with the start but prob it's down to what we do at away grounds this season. Pick up the 3 points at Easter road, Tynecastle , Pittodrie etc or an occasional draw is the key then it's down to the 4 games v them. Start dropping really stupid points like last season and we may be in trouble as they won't drop that many either.

Look at the signs we were without our 3 best players and still absolutely bossed it and I don’t think we are any near top gear yet so I’m feeling excited and optimistic because when this squad get in the groove the rest should fear
Not to pick too much of an argument because I agree with the majority of your post however to not include Tav as one of our best 3 players needs called out.

Calm yourself. It was St Johnstone.

We're dominating territory and playing most of the match in the opponent's final third.

I still think if we can get a creative, confident midfielder next to Lundstram who can move with the ball and play others through, we'll go to the next level. Hopefully we're looking at a couple - one more expensive one to sign if we get to the Champions League, and a backup option who will still do a job domestically if we fail to do that.

As an aside, I'd take Katai and Ivanic in a heartbeat from Red Star and they'd probably cost £5m or so combined.

Watching us today put me in mind of our 55 season.

A really dominant performance that when asked for, we could up a gear at any time.
Said the same to boy that sits next to me. Was an enjoyable day in the sun, we certainly look like we’ve a a gear or two to step up. Pretty confident for Tuesday

It’s all in the head. A great result against the Belgians improved the player’s attitude that they can improve and up their game. Let’s see what happens against PSV. A positive win mid-week will see confidence sky high against Hibs. The opposite if it doesn’t go our way. Hence, confidence is the key matched to our skills.

There's a post like the OP once a season - let's just wait and see how we do at the first OF game, that's where we can lay down marker and hopefully put the fear into the rest of Scottish football.

A really dominant performance that when asked for, we could up a gear at any time.

We had a passage of playing near half time and it was zipped about and then think we had a chance off the back of it and thats the exact same thing i thought

Said similar, it was the best we've played in the league in about a year it feels. Fair play, but the challenge will be keeping it going.

I think it's more likely Hibs will try and batter us next week (and be allowed to) and try to stop us from playing.

I think it's more likely Hibs will try and batter us next week (and be allowed to) and try to stop us from playing.

Hibs have been rotten this season so far so I fully expect them to make it hard for us. Porteous v Colak instead of Morelos might be interesting. He’ll no doubt already be on a yellow when Alfie comes off the bench haha!!

Big week next week, that will be a real marker having to go to Easter road in between the PSV games.
Yes, we’ll know where we are in a few weeks. CL qualification would be huge, a boost both in terms of achievement and financially.

Someone will take a real sore one when we click and hit form imo.

Still think the balance in midfield is a little off and we can create more but in possession we look so in control and to think we have Morelos Kent Hagi Roofe Helander still to come in and the likes of Matondo to hit form and Lawrence on the bench.

The rest should be scared because when we hit form and fitness they will be battered imo.
Look at last week , we did not get the early goal we deserved so the 11 men behind the ball/ time waste at every opportunity tactics stopped that hammering in its tracks, contrast that to those f ucks getting the early goal today and just pick them off at will , ffs their centre halfs scored

Back