Schalke 3-4 Hansa Rostock; Martin Fraisl watch

nateman

Had a poor game yesterday being beaten at his near post for Rostock's opener while the ball appeared to just go through him, and contributing to a handful of other nervy moments in a defence that conceded 4 on the day. Also managed to concede from every shot on target they faced, where have we seen that before?

Unconvinced he's anything better than big Jon based on that showing tbh. Feel we should be pushing the boat out for a proper 1st choice when Greegsy hangs up his gloves.

Maybe this guy is just being brought in as 3rd choice and we'll look to bring in 2 goalkeepers in the Summer? Certainly think we could be reaching a bit higher here.

Last edited:
Wishful thinking.

Fraisl is completely in line with the level of signing Ross Wilson has brought in.

Aye it's scunnering tbh. Constantly hoping for a couple of game changers to be brought in and seeing guys like this linked who can be considered no more than a punt at best.

At best I can only assume that big Jon has already been promised the #1 jersey for next season, but at that point I'd rather just see someone like Seigriest brought in as competition tbh. And baffling why he isn't playing more this season if he has been promised that.

Had Schalke on my coupon the useless bastards. He manages to concede 4 goals from 4 shots on target. I hope that contract isn't signed yet...

We'd be better of with Zander Clark that this guy.
I'm a fan of German football but a lot of the defenders and goalkeepers leave a lot to be desired.

Zander Clark as number two with McLaughlin as number one would be better imo.

To be honest, Souttar hasn't looked that great the last few weeks. I am not sure if we will be strengthening McGregor and Goldson.

Had a poor game yesterday being beaten at his near post for Rostock's opener while the ball appeared to just go through him, and contributing to a handful of other nervy moments in a defence that conceded 4 on the day. Also managed to concede from every shot on target they faced, where have we seen that before?

Unconvinced he's anything better than big Jon based on that showing tbh. Feel we should be pushing the boat out for a proper 1st choice when Greegsy hangs up his gloves.

Maybe this guy is just being brought in as 3rd choice and we'll look to bring in 2 goalkeepers in the Summer? Certainly think we could be reaching a bit higher here.
Excellent!
Sign him up!

We need two good goalies. Jon McLaughlin is as good as any in Scotland. Wtf somebody thinks we need to go into Bundesliga 2 to look for a goalie is beyond me!

My worry is that I don’t think we will replace any of our departing players with players of the same or better quality. That just doesn’t appear to be the model we are going for in the last 3 maybe even 4 windows.

It will be prospects and projects with perhaps a couple of better players who are near the end of their career.

My worry is that I don’t think we will replace any of our departing players with players of the same or better quality. That just doesn’t appear to be the model we are going for in the last 3 maybe even 4 windows.

It will be prospects and projects with perhaps a couple of better players who are near the end of their career.

How do you replace players like Aribo, Kent, Morelos or Kamara, the players most likely to be sold, who we all rate at £15m minimum, with our budget?

We need to get used to this - teams who buy low, improve players and sell high go through peaks and troughs in terms of squad quality.

So the next crop, Bassey, Hagi, Sakala, and youngsters like Lowry and King, are the ones we'll see step up more as they are a year or two into their development with us, and some signings will be the next projects after them.

I understand people can be frustrated, but we can't spend big money on players until we're making big money, which we haven't been close to doing for years now. Even then, there's only so high we should ever go.

Oh, and not in response to the quoted post but just a general thing - we all know Ross Wilson doesn't actually scout and sign players yeah?

One look at this guy’s CV tells you he’s nowhere near what we need.

Even if he’s being considered as a number 2 that would be a slap in the face to McCrorie.

How do you replace players like Aribo, Kent, Morelos or Kamara, the players most likely to be sold, who we all rate at £15m minimum, with our budget?

We need to get used to this - teams who buy low, improve players and sell high go through peaks and troughs in terms of squad quality.

So the next crop, Bassey, Hagi, Sakala, and youngsters like Lowry and King, are the ones we'll see step up more as they are a year or two into their development with us, and some signings will be the next projects after them.

I understand people can be frustrated, but we can't spend big money on players until we're making big money, which we haven't been close to doing for years now. Even then, there's only so high we should ever go.

Oh, and not in response to the quoted post but just a general thing - we all know Ross Wilson doesn't actually scout and sign players yeah?
Indeed, but well run clubs don't do it all in one summer. Its a gradual thing which means less drop in quality.

We're faced with doing far more work than we should have to do this summer.

Indeed, but well run clubs don't do it all in one summer. Its a gradual thing which means less drop in quality.

We're faced with doing far more work than we should have to do this summer.

If the players involved won't extend contracts, what can you do?

We were, like everyone else, humped by the pandemic. No one was making offers for our players in the summer worth taking.

I reckon Morelos will extend his contract, Kamara already has, and we'll lose Kent and Aribo. Somewhere in-between best and worst case.

If the players involved won't extend contracts, what can you do?

We were, like everyone else, humped by the pandemic. No one was making offers for our players in the summer worth taking.

I reckon Morelos will extend his contract, Kamara already has, and we'll lose Kent and Aribo. Somewhere in-between best and worst case.
Yes it seems we were the only club effected by covid.

Wishful thinking.

Fraisl is completely in line with the level of signing Ross Wilson has brought in.

That is the big worry.

This time last year we had just won 55 and SG mentioned about needing a few quality signings to take us to the next level. However our signing policy seems to be limited to scouring the Bosman market - this wouldn't be so bad if we were getting some of the better players, and there are many, but we limit ourselves to the Bottom feeders, players little better than our current squad fillers. As a football side we are not even standing still, we are regressing. Hopefully I am mistaken but I have little to no confidence in Ross Wilson and our scouting network to identify the players able to redress this slide.

Spot on. With the way we've been scouting the last couple of years, we'll probably try to solve our midfield issues by bringing in Tom Cleverley or something.

I’m not saying this like it’s a bad thing - totally understand it’s the model we are moving to, and need to move to for us to be financially secure. But until we can show it works for us then it will be always be a worry.

Fingers crossed he’s the new Andy Firth, rather than the new Allan McGregor.

McLaughlin isn’t a number 1…hence why he isn’t our number 1. Clearly going with someone who is already here isn’t an improvement.

Yes it seems we were the only club effected by covid.
Every club was effected. I remember some of the quotes from Agents and Chairmen talking about the stagnant market. One said the £5m to £15m part of the transfer market was frozen.

Last edited:
Wishful thinking.

Ross Wilson identifies targets. He organises scouting and does any deals. He does not have choice of which players come in that lies with the manager.

Need to remember that. Manager always has final say.

Back