Schalke tickets

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
Seems odd amid the wall to wall Dortmund love in but I've a wee soft spot for Schalke. They're less fashionable but nice blue jerseys and passion aplenty.

Would it be any easier to get tickets for the Veltins than for Dortmund or Bayern? Anyone been?

Seems odd amid the wall to wall Dortmund love in but I've a wee soft spot for Schalke. They're less fashionable but nice blue jerseys and passion aplenty.

Would it be any easier to get tickets for the Veltins than for Dortmund or Bayern? Anyone been?
Surprised you’d be interested in following the former Pope’s XI of Germany?:D

I know. Just great area for football trips and preferable to Dortmund which is now almost post ironic hipster level.

Should be easy to get them online. I've had no problems booking online for Frankfurt or Stuttgart and I'm not expecting any trouble booking Mainz for this October.

If you want a football weekender then Stuttgart would be a good base. Bundesliga 2 side now but you've got Freiburg within a short travelling distance, as well as the likes of Karlsruhe, Kaiserslautern and Mannheim.

Been to Schalke twice recently, got tickets online no problem and delivered to UK.

Been to both once, Schalke by far my favourite of the two. Heading back next month for Schalke v Mainz.

Tickets via club website both times. Dortmund had to use viagogo

I have been twice. First time ten of us and we got tickets with minor difficulty. Had to be online on the Monday 12/13 days before the game. Went again as a four two years ago.

Paid way over the odds on Viagogo. There was no public sale of tickets for that game. We had tickets posted from Germany and Israel. The other two were collected from someone at the stadium with no probs. A different experience from others above. Maybe depends on opposition or time of year but I thought most of the ground was taken up by season tickets.

Stay in Dusseldorf, train to Gelsenkirchen, massive club and passionate fans, you will love it. One year im going to spend a fortune on a ticket for the derby.

Depends what type of ticket you are on about really, same for any of the well supported German big boys standing are hard to get.

Have sat and stood at Schalke, stood 18 month ago in the cup midweek - just got lucky by picking one up through official site for 15 euros. Otherwise seated is pretty easy to get for 9/10 of their matches, same for most Bundesliga matches - the standing tickets are the ones that are hard to come by for face value if you are just a general buyer.

Standing at German football is a must personally, done 40 plus of the Stadiums in the top 3 divisions now and wouldn’t return to any to sit to be honest.

Auf Schalke is their fan pub on way to stadium, can’t miss it off the tram/u bang whatever. Also in the standing area there is a bar with a fair bit of memorabilia. Neither Dortmund or Gelsenkirchen are great drinking places really, Bochum is mind and the Club has a few ties with Rangers - Bermuda Triangle area is a laugh.

Last edited:
I travelled on a Dortmund supporters bus down the A31 motorway. All of a sudden the whole bus started shouting and screaming. We were passing the Schalke stadium. The whole isle of the bus was covered in crates of beer. If you wanted off the bus on one of the piss stops then you had to walk over the crates of beer. Great experience. It is very simple to sneak into the standing end as long as you have a ticket for the game. I did it once but prefer to sit to be honest.

Back