scoreline tomorrow? what we thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet despite all that they were 15 mins from defeat at home to St Johnstone and only managed a draw, and scraped a 1-0 at Firhill thanks to a shitey deflected goal and a referee too scared to give Thistle a stonewall last gasp penalty.

It's not PSG or Real Madrid we're playing here.
Dont like it any more than you do m8 but facts are facts. We cant win 3 in a row, they havent lost in fk knows how long. Obviously they cant win every game 5-0. The fact is they dont have to be PSG or Real Madrid to be big favs to beat us and to pretend otherwise is bordering on self delusion. Having said that as I have already said 4/1 chances win every day (although a lot more 4/6 chances win) , lets hope this is one for the outsiders.

So does there's,
I reckon we'll have more opportunities to score than we would against a lower team who pack their defence when playing us, it's just a question of capitalising on the said opportunities.

The problem is when they shoot they score, so many players capable of scoring a long shot from outside the area, we miss most of our chances.

I honestly have no idea about tomorrows score, all i know is i have never gone into an old firm game feeling this pessimistic and it hurts bad, real bad.

I just wnat us to really give them a game and at least show we are not as far behind as everyone thinks, i think we can do it if we are on our game but too many times this season its up and down.

We need to be right up for it & show no fear. If we don't win the midfield 50/50s we'll be in soapy.
Hopefully Pedro sends everyone out knowing their job & they can deliver. 2 - 1 Gers ;)

Dont like it any more than you do m8 but facts are facts. We cant win 3 in a row, they havent lost in fk knows how long. Obviously they cant win every game 5-0. The fact is they dont have to be PSG or Real Madrid to be big favs to beat us and to pretend otherwise is bordering on self delusion. Having said that as I have already said 4/1 chances win every day (although a lot more 4/6 chances win) , lets hope this is one for the outsiders.

I agree, motherwell where 3/1 last night which was a crazy price and they had a better chance of winning than we do tomorrow tomorrow im afraid.

Most of the time when you fear the worst it doesnt happen, lets hope so.

The issue is we just dont know how good we are against them because its a new team, i think this game will bring our team to the fore and players will step up and show they are here for Rangers.

I dont know why but i feel more confident with McCrorie, Alves hasnt been right for me for a few weeks.

Its a lot of pressure on this young kid but if he comes through it and plays well we have a new star on our hands, and he is one of our own.

I will be amazed, but delighted if we get anything from this game. My only hope is that they are so arrogantly over confident that he cock it up. We only have three starters that have experience in playing in this fixture, they will have ten.

Nailed it.

A 3 goal margin defeat is what my head says. My heart hopes for 3-2. If we concede early it could get very messy as there is very little experience of this game in our ranks. Doesn't stop the hope though.

I agree, motherwell where 3/1 last night which was a crazy price and they had a better chance of winning than we do tomorrow tomorrow im afraid.

Most of the time when you fear the worst it doesnt happen, lets hope so.

The issue is we just dont know how good we are against them because its a new team, i think this game will bring our team to the fore and players will step up and show they are here for Rangers.

I dont know why but i feel more confident with McCrorie, Alves hasnt been right for me for a few weeks.

Its a lot of pressure on this young kid but if he comes through it and plays well we have a new star on our hands, and he is one of our own.
To temper my previous posts with a wee bit of hope. Earlier in the week Motherwell were 4/1 with Bet 365. So it goes to show outsiders do win

I just can't see us getting a result. Don't even want to try and predict the result.

Heart says 3-2 Rangers. Head would be ecstatic with a draw. That's the sad reality of where we are just now.
This. I've got Morelos first goal and a 3-2 win at 180/1 (sky bet). We need to score the first two to have any chance tomorrow.

I am still scarred from the last defeat. For me the loss of Alves & Wallace is huge & if we have to go with Hodson if Elton doesn't make it well I seriously fear us losing by a margin of 3 or 4 goals. Hoping beyond hope I'm massively wrong & that my pessimism was misplaced. If we can win this tomorrow it will be massive for us really massive.

As always many people cant seperate what they want to happen from what is likely to happen. Unfortunately I fear a reality check tomorrow. 4/1 at home says it all. They have goals all through the team (Thumbheid, Dembele, Forest, McGregor, Roberts, Sinclair) and our defenders arent really very good. Some people already have Young McCrorie as a world beater on the strength of half an hour against Thistle and although he definitely looked good in that game it will be a different stratosphere tomorrow. Cardosa got a striping from some Hivee knt whose name I cant even remember. Simply saying we have to close down their midfield, we have to get in behind them etc means nothing, we still have to do it. If it was as easy as saying it fair enough but they will have plans for our better players as well. 4/1 chances win every day of the week and lets hope that this is one of them but honestly this game smacks of a 0-3.

F#ck having you beside me in a fight. They boys are bigger than us we better run away.

F#ck having you beside me in a fight. They boys are bigger than us we better run away.
Why do some people always respond in this predictable way? F All to do with being in a fight. It's an opinion of what is likely to happen what has a fight got to do with it? I am not in the team but hopefully they will have plenty of fight. Start a thread about what we want to happen and I will give you a totally different response.

We are genuinely better than we were last year but they absolutely annihilated us last year. Two things need to happen if we're to stand a chance. First we need more than just Ryan Jack putting in a shift in the middle of the park. Second Cardoso needs to be touch tight on Thumbheed for 90 minutes, no standing off and no letting him turn. If we stifle the game and keep it tight, who knows...

Why do some people always respond in this predictable way? F All to do with being in a fight. It's an opinion of what is likely to happen what has a fight got to do with it? I am not in the team but hopefully they will have plenty of fight. Start a thread about what we want to happen and I will give you a totally different response.

Motherwell were 4/1 last night.

What happened there?

Your writing us off as no hopers. That is not the case.

I have been a Rangers supporter for better than 70 years and this is the least hopeful I have ever been. Cannot see us beating them would love a draw, that is about the best we can hope for. How ever, deep down that sense, that feeling that never ever loses its power, still bubbles to the surface, that tells me never never give up, tells me to smile, all will be well.

I don't think our defence has improved significantly since last season - especially with Alves out. Using last season's matches against them as a baseline, suffice it to say I'll be watching Dr. Who-style from behind the sofa. I'll be delighted to be proved wrong.

If we concede early then I fear another pasting, however if we keep things tight then I could foresee a 2-2 draw or a narrow victory for the SOW if luck is on our side.

We will be putting out a far weaker team than the one that was beaten 5-1 at Ibrox, It would be tough enough having our full squad available, The unwashed confidence is high and will be even more confident given they know we have a few key players missing.

I don't think a game like this is the type young players like Ross should be thrown into, But there is nothing we can do about it and he will either flourish or get stage fright, Cardoso gives me the fear with his defending with his hands behind his back,It totally throws out your balance if a player then goes past you quickly.

The unwashed also like to zip the ball about and move quickly, They also close down and press quickly when they don't have the ball or they lose it and it's something we also must do otherwise if we stand off them and allow them to play they will punish us.

It looks like Forrest will play tomorrow instead of Roberts, Thing that worry's me is if our defense is tired and they bring Roberts on he will give our defenders a torrid time with his running and he's quite a tricky player.

I would much rather Forrest starts than Roberts for obvious reasons, But the unwashed have a very good forward line, They will start with the thumb up top and at some stage replace him with Dembele, I also reckon they will play 4-5-1.

As you can see i'm not confident at all for tomorrow and reckon it will be another bad defeat.

can only hope for a 2-1 win, I wish I could be more certain of a result but my head will not allow it.

We're losing, but it wont be another hammering like 2 of last seasons games, If it is though then I really fear for Pedro's job. Im gonna say 1-2 to that lot im afraid.

Last edited:
I just cant see us keeping a clean sheet - we need at least 1 to draw but i suspect 2. With that in mind I will go for 2-2 in my heart but in my head I fear the worst.

Would happily take a draw which probably tells you what I think the score will be!

Convincing defeat I'm afraid, but I of course hope for an absolute humiliation on and off the park for the scum.

1 0 for the Bears half time,quick 2nd soon after the restart the fhilth pull one back to put the shit up us but the Bears score another to put the fhilth back in their box,Then beer time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back