Scoring then sitting back

Live Forever

Official Ticketer
Happened twice today. Why do we do that? Should’ve been going for the throat. They were there for the taking. Instead we sat and watched Boyata stroll to the half way line and pick his passes.

Is it a mentality thing? Is it instructions from Murty? Pissed me off today.

Happened twice today. Why do we do that? Should’ve been going for the throat. They were there for the taking. Instead we sat and watched Boyata stroll to the half way line and pick his passes.

Noticed this also, it's so blatantly obvious that when you press celtic continually they make mistakes.

Yet for some reason we let them take their time to pick a pass and was ultimately the reason rogic got his shot off for the first goal.

Or were we pushed back?

Probably a bit of both. At the end of the first half it was obvious we needed to get a foot on the ball and change the pattern of play. Because we didn’t then seemed to panic too often when we got the ball.

These are all things I hope the management can look at and fix.

A decent manager in charge makes a tweak and we win today No inspiration or tactical clout from Murty. He needs replaced.

Press the bheggars, get in their faces and they don't like it. But no, we stand off, give them time and let them control.

Or were we pushed back?

Probably a bit of both. At the end of the first half it was obvious we needed to get a foot on the ball and change the pattern of play. Because we didn’t then seemed to panic too often when we got the ball.

These are all things I hope the management can look at and fix.

We let them get over the half way line without a challenge. That’s not being pushed back.

We Got joy from pressing them. Don’t understand why we didn’t continue doing it.

It has to be instructions from the manager and usually it costs team a goal,i can never understad that a team that is attack minded and scores a goal then sits back and lets the other team dictate its nonsense but we do it often, hence the result today.

I couldn’t believe we didn’t go for it and press them higher up the park! We let them stroll about picking off passes and as the game wore on it was more obvious ! Our defence was shocking today!

It was pathetic the way Sean Goss sat off them at the first and third.

Fixed that one for you. Goss didn't track Rogic well enough at the first and Bates was unlucky in the challenge. At the second he showed Edouard the wrong way and let him cut inside to get the shot off and made it easy for them.

Other than that, we started really well pressing them at every opportunity but they started doing the same to us. After that we dropped into a really clear 4231 shape but nowhere near compact enough in the middle and they could just play straight through us. It wasn't really a case of sitting back as much as becoming totally static.

Looking into that midfield 5 it was Docherty, Goss, Windass, Candeias and Murphy. Not enough steel in there, with Windass and Goss being passengers for most of the match. DJ and Murphy weren't really 100% fit and the same applied to both centre backs.

Still despite all that it was fine margins with Morelos missing match winning chances. He sticks either of those away and it is a different result altogether.

Fixed that one for you. Goss didn't track Rogic well enough at the first and Bates was unlucky in the challenge. At the second he showed Edouard the wrong way and let him cut inside to get the shot off and made it easy for them.

Other than that, we started really well pressing them at every opportunity but they started doing the same to us. After that we dropped into a really clear 4231 shape but nowhere near compact enough in the middle and they could just play straight through us. It wasn't really a case of sitting back as much as becoming totally static.

Looking into that midfield 5 it was Docherty, Goss, Windass, Candeias and Murphy. Not enough steel in there, with Windass and Goss being passengers for most of the match. DJ and Murphy weren't really 100% fit and the same applied to both centre backs.

Still despite all that it was fine margins with Morelos missing match winning chances. He sticks either of those away and it is a different result altogether.
The second goal was an utter comedy of errors. Cardoso and Foderingham hopeless

Quite simply, we bottled it. We couldn't handle the pressure of being ahead and when they went down to ten, our players couldn't handle the advantage that should have allowed us to push on to victory.

they didn't panic and took control of the ball

we shat the bed, its a squad full of bottlers

as for the performance after the red card well, it beggared belief

We were pushed back mate rather than sat back, our midfield other than Docherty looked jaded, I thought Murphy was our most dangerous player but we never got the ball to him as Celtic were happy to let our right hand side attack them and pushed us into doing so.

They were all over the place at the beginning .We score looks good then stand off them. I cannot get my head around why we dont press them high up the pitch. This game was ours but we fecked up big time

We were pushed back mate rather than sat back, our midfield other than Docherty looked jaded, I thought Murphy was our most dangerous player but we never got the ball to him as Celtic were happy to let our right hand side attack them and pushed us into doing so.

Why were they getting halfway up the pitch unchallenged then? That’s unacceptable.

The players get nervous and shit the bed when we get the advantage.

They start to think too much about holding what we have and they lose focus. The sad thing is, that is exactly what a loser mentality is, and it’s what runs through our team.

Why were they getting halfway up the pitch unchallenged then? That’s unacceptable.
Holding any team at halfway isn’t a bad thing and if all our players were behind the ball there shouldn’t be a problem. My problem today was Celtic wanted us to attack down their left as that’s where they are strongest in defence and we did it time and time and time again and ended up nearly every time stuck in the corner , I found that more unacceptable than us defending slightly deeper. They had 10 men and had still two up front and we still never spread the ball about the park and using Both wings and channels on the deck.

It wasn't us sitting back, it was their better players showing it.

Both our goals came out of the blue, the game was mostly under their control.

I thought we gave their keeper an easy debut especially scoring so early in the game. We should have had a shoot on sight Policy, but we let him regain his confidence.

The last ten minutes of the first half were awful, needed someone with a bit of composure to give us a breather. Just when it looked like we'd weathered it, that calamity occurs. Belief was definitely a part of it.

Even in the last 10 mins we had more men behind the ball than in front, if you didn't know the score you'd have thought we were 2 ahead.

Back