Scotland face being drawn against Israel again as nation league pots revealed

uneasydaz

SCOTLAND could face Israel for the EIGHTH time in five years after they were named as one of our Nations League potential opponents.

UEFA have announced the draw for the 2022-23 Nations League will be made in Montreux on December 16.

Scotland will be in the second group of Pot B and will face one team from each of the following levels.

Level 1 : Ukraine, Sweden, Bosnia or Iceland.

Level 3 : Israel , Romania, Serbia or Republic of Ireland.

Level 4 : Slovenia, Montenegro, Albania, Armenia.

Scotland face Israel at Hampden in next month’s World Cup qualifier - after previously meeting them twice in the Nations League in both 2018 and 2020, as well as the Euros play-off in October 2020 and the World Cup qualifier in March 2021.

Honestly, UEFA should step in and block that. Nobody wants to see that. They prevent clubs from certain countries drawing each other in draws because of other reasons. The nations league isn’t a real tournament anyway. They should bar that.

I’d rather we were in a group with Germany, Spain and Belgium than an easier group with F’n Israel again,

Honestly, UEFA should step in and block that. Nobody wants to see that. They prevent clubs from certain countries drawing each other in draws because of other reasons. The nations league isn’t a real tournament anyway. They should bar that.

I’d rather we were in a group with Germany, Spain and Belgium than an easier group with F’n Israel again,
I'd rather they just scrapped this nation's league shitshow.

Whole nations league thing should be scrapped. Too many games now. Whats wrong with just having 10 qualifying games for the WC and 10 qualifying games for the Euros .Or even groups of 7 to give 12 qualifying games. Thats 24 internationals in 4 year period. Plus the number of game if you get in to finals.

UEFA saw €€€€ could made from this Nations League

England would play Germany in a friendly, UEFA got nothing now they do via broadcast revenue sponsorship etc

Nations League doesn't take up any new dates just played on existing International dates

The most frustrating thing about playing them every 3 months is that Clarke still can't bring himself to try attacking them.

That guy Solomon aside (who does look a talent) they are not a good side yet Clarke is content to cede control to them.

Whole nations league thing should be scrapped. Too many games now. Whats wrong with just having 10 qualifying games for the WC and 10 qualifying games for the Euros .Or even groups of 7 to give 12 qualifying games. Thats 24 internationals in 4 year period. Plus the number of game if you get in to finals.
The qualifying for Euros and World cup still takes place the Nations league replaced friendlies so it was still competitive. Nations league was how North Macedonia qualified for the Euros and for countries like Scotland then its a 2nd chance of qualifying for a major tournament if we win the nations league group.

UEFA saw €€€€ could made from this Nations League

England would play Germany in a friendly, UEFA got nothing now they do via broadcast revenue sponsorship etc

Nations League doesn't take up any new dates just played on existing International dates
Teams used the international friendlies to boost their rankings and get better draws for qualifying groups. Or maybe my memory is wrong and they just avoided them (https://thesetpieces.com/world-football/beating-system-wales-planned-seeding-success-calculator/)

Anyway, nations league seems like a fairer way of making teams play similarly ranked nations in games that actually mean something rather than totally pointless friendlies.

The most frustrating thing about playing them every 3 months is that Clarke still can't bring himself to try attacking them.

That guy Solomon aside (who does look a talent) they are not a good side yet Clarke is content to cede control to them.
Their attacking options are brilliant to be fair, Zahavi, Dabbur and Solomon. They are no better than Scotland in every other area though, maybe goal keeper actually

Imo they have a lot of good technical players and I could see an Israeli team doing quite well at a future point mate .

SCOTLAND could face Israel for the EIGHTH time in five years after they were named as one of our Nations League potential opponents.

UEFA have announced the draw for the 2022-23 Nations League will be made in Montreux on December 16.

Scotland will be in the second group of Pot B and will face one team from each of the following levels.

Scotland face Israel at Hampden in next month’s World Cup qualifier - after previously meeting them twice in the Nations League in both 2018 and 2020, as well as the Euros play-off in October 2020 and the World Cup qualifier in March 2021.
What "news" outlet is reporting this?

I only ask as these groups were known last November, some 10 months ago!

Teams used the international friendlies to boost their rankings and get better draws for qualifying groups. Or maybe my memory is wrong and they just avoided them (https://thesetpieces.com/world-football/beating-system-wales-planned-seeding-success-calculator/)

Anyway, nations league seems like a fairer way of making teams play similarly ranked nations in games that actually mean something rather than totally pointless friendlies.
yeah that is right was optional to play as well which most did

more the point to it was the the bigger countries playing each other which why UEFA wanted to cash in on

The qualifying for Euros and World cup still takes place the Nations league replaced friendlies so it was still competitive. Nations league was how North Macedonia qualified for the Euros and for countries like Scotland then its a 2nd chance of qualifying for a major tournament if we win the nations league group.
I get that but its garbage it really is. Thats coming from someone who used to love Internationals and going to Hampden midweek or a Saturday afternoon.
I dont get this current set up. Games on a Tuesday night,Wednesday night, Friday nights Sunday nights. And a few games on a Saturday afternoon when they should all be getting played.

I couldn't care less if I tried really hard. International football is a pointless clusterfuck.

And aye, I know - don't click and read the thread then etc. Understood.

Still just wanted to say it anyway tho.
It affects our team though!
More games, more travel, more injuries, less availability, less productivity for us.

My mate didn’t realise there’s an international break in October, and then again in November - his pace was a right laugh.

Their attacking options are brilliant to be fair, Zahavi, Dabbur and Solomon. They are no better than Scotland in every other area though, maybe goal keeper actually
Is he the greedy one that just shoots whenever he gets the ball, regardless of what's going on around him?

If so he always strikes me as being like that guy at 7s (usually fat) who scored one screamer and thinks he's got a cannon so just shoots from anywhere.

Is he the greedy one that just shoots whenever he gets the ball, regardless of what's going on around him?

If so he always strikes me as being like that guy at 7s (usually fat) who scored one screamer and thinks he's got a cannon so just shoots from anywhere.
Possibly, but he’s been very good at PSV and has a ridiculous record at intentional level over the past 30 games.

Would love him at Rangers, put it that way :))

Most exciting scenario, every game is an absolute borefest that will be played in front of no more than a bloated Tynecastle attendance. Joke of a setup

Christ, there's some 'exciting' games in there.:rolleyes:

That’s the big issue with this format isn’t it. For the most part it’s the same teams playing each other over and over again

Back