Scotland fans hit out at the booing of Ryan Jack

The level of hate for our club (hence Ryan Jack) at Scotland games is paradoxically hard to understand, but also exactly what we expect in Scotland.
Obsessive.
And sad.
I don’t watch Scotland games any more but ffs surely those so called fans can forget about hating everything Rangers for 90 min and enjoy life a wee bit?
The level? It's one or two morons at most, and there's guys on here who were at the game and heard nothing. Let's not over exaggerate this and turn it into something it's not. Ryan Jack will get more boos at Ibrox after his next misplaced pass than he got at Hampden on Saturday, if it happened at all, that is.

Feel for Ryan Jack being subjected to this stuff again from the Tartan Army bigots but if he's happy playing for his country I hope he carries on and doesn't let the bigots win.

And I hate their club. It works both ways.
If I was at a Scotland match, I can comfortably say, I'd be supporting all the player's. Aye, even Callum McGregor. Same can't be said for all in the stands. As referenced by poster earlier. All players subject to booing. Rangers players.
All that happens is you end up rolling about in the aisles with some sweaty cheuchter, who has booed Jacko. No thanks.

If I was at a Scotland match, I can comfortably say, I'd be supporting all the player's. Aye, even Callum McGregor. Same can't be said for all in the stands. As referenced by poster earlier. All players subject to booing. Rangers players.
All that happens is you end up rolling about in the aisles with some sweaty cheuchter, who has booed Jacko. No thanks.
Did it happen though?

We should be encouraging him to retire from international football.

Let the rhebel run Scotland side celebrate failure after failure.

Aye, Rangers players never get abuse from their own when playing poorly. Nope, never happens.

It's not all sweetness and light at Ibrox such is the passion of the support.

But saying Ryan Jack is more likely to get booed at Ibrox than Hampden is self-loathing nonsense.

You would have to be a bit of a roaster to end up doing that
So if you jarred some glengarry wearing prick, who is booing a Rangers player as he represents the team we're all there to support, and said glengarry wearing fuckwit, comes for you, you're a roaster? Hmm.

"One fan wrote: "I grew up in an era when Celtic players were routinely jeered and insulted when playing for Scotland"

This has to be bs? Never heard players being jeered because of their club when I used to go to Scotland games!

This has been put in because they know it is Celtic fans and odd sheepie!

It's not all sweetness and light at Ibrox such is the passion of the support.

But saying Ryan Jack is more likely to get booed at Ibrox than Hampden is self-loathing nonsense.
It's not. Booed was probably the wrong word, but abuse certainly isn't. The stick John Lundstram was getting in his early days from guys who sit next to my brother was way over the top.

So if you jarred some glengarry wearing prick, who is booing a Rangers player as he represents the team we're all there to support, and said glengarry wearing fuckwit, comes for you, you're a roaster? Hmm.

"if I jarred"?

what language is this?

"if I jarred"?

what language is this?
You've never heard of jarring?
So ,if I said to glengarry wearing prick to tone down the abuse/booing, I'm jarring him over his behaviour. If he comes for me, i.e wants to come ahead, should I stand and accept a pasting, or do I roll about with him. What part of it, makes me a roaster, vs what makes him the roaster?

I’m afraid it did happen but not exactly what is described in the OP.

In the late 60s and even in part of the 70s Rangers supporters made up a majority of people who supported Scotland.
There were some rabids and the rest from all over Scotland.
The singing section were mainly Rangers supporters and they always wanted to see Rangers players on the park.
So periodically if their player was on the park and a Rangers player a sub who could play that position then he would be booed.

Not systematic as Jack endures for season after season.
But you could see how a story gets taken out of context.

Remember this lot used to abuse Kenny Dalglish 1 of the best players in Europe and McCallister when they played for Scotland so brains ain’t a strong suit.

Ryan Jack continues to risk his Rangers availability and ultimately continuing career for this and these fans?

He should be shown the door in the Summer.
Ryan Jack, when fit, is our best defensive midfielder who makes all other midfielders good.

Shown door in summer because he wants to play for his country? Surely playing for country is a massive pride moment.

I honestly don’t get FF at times, Scottish folk not liking Scotland national team because Celtic have taken over with it.

Well how about our Rangers fans take over our country again? Disgusting that we’ve allowed the poets to take over our country.

You've never heard of jarring?
So ,if I said to glengarry wearing prick to time down the abuse/booing, I'm jarring him over his behaviour. If he comes for me, i.e wants to come ahead, should I stand and accept a pasting, or do I roll about with him. What part of it, makes me a roaster, vs what makes him the roaster?

never heard that term in my life no.

If I was at a Scotland game and someone was hurling abuse at a player I would think they were a roaster and leave them to it rather than engaging with said roaster

I utterly wouldn't be rolling about in the aisles with them, because that would make me, a roaster.

You have no concept that rolling about an aisle with another man at a game of football makes you a roaster, or is the behavior of a roaster?

What do you propose Ryan Jack would do when he found out about this noble act, come and shake your hand? Or think, what a pair of roasters

Yes, we were in Toronto playing Sparta Prague (0-1) that day.

It also brought an end to the run of 21 consecutive games for Scotland for John Greig.
That’d have been a ten hour return flight in those days and maybe, if it wasnt a chartered flight, ave been directly into Glasgow.
Maybe not, considering jet lag, the best preparation.

I was at Scotland v Russia about three years ago and I heard boos from some in the crowd when Ryan Jack’s name was announced. I wouldn’t be surprised if the same people are still doing it.

never heard that term in my life no.

If I was at a Scotland game and someone was hurling abuse at a players I would think they were a roaster and leave them to it rather than engaging with said roaster

And then, rolling about in the aisles with them, because that would make me, a roaster.

You have no concept that rolling about an aisle with another man at a game of football makes you a roaster?
Not if that man comes for me, and I choose to defend myself. Doesn't make me a roaster in any way. Imo.
Maybe that's why I don't attend these games. Would find it hard to stand next to someone "supporting" the same team as me, by abusing players from a certain side exclusively.
Best not put myself in possible situations like it.
Each to their own.
Don't know where you're from, but I've heard the word "jarring", "jarred", hundreds, thousands of times. It is English language in common usage.

Not if that man comes for me, and I choose to defend myself. Doesn't make me a roaster in any way. Imo.
Maybe that's why I don't attend these games. Would find it hard to stand next to someone "supporting" the same team as me, by abusing players from a certain side exclusively.
Best not put myself in possible situations like it.
Each to their own.
Don't know where you're from, but I've heard the word "jarring", "jarred", hundreds, thousands of times. It is English language in common usage.

aye sorry to break this news to you - rolling about in an aisle at a game of football with another person 100% makes you a roaster

Twitter and The Sun by the looks of it. It's funny how we say not to believe a word the papers print when it comes to their reporting on Rangers, but we choose to believe this.
The title of thread says Scotland fans themselves called it out. Again, didn't attend. It's for admin to decide whether thread titles are misleading/shite.

Do we expect anything else from these nationalist fucks?

Im in plenty of circles of Rangers fans and I don’t know one who bothers with Scotland. Any in our support that do are normally are just old guys romanticising over past glories growing up. Times change and the majority of Scotland fans hate and despise our club.

And I hate their club. It works both ways.

Not really the same though is it? The fans of Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd hate us and we hate them. Do Aberdeen fans hate Hibs and Dundee Utd? Do Hibs fans hate Aberdeen and Dundee Utd? Do Dundee Utd fans hate Hibs and Aberdeen?

The issue is they all hate us.

No one likes us we dont care is bullshit.

I for one am totally shocked at this. The abuse he received online for having the audacity to start was beyond a joke. It made Rangers twitter look sane.

The Scottish national team is just too far politically gone for me for it to ever return to anything I would support.

Fair play if you can separate that but it’s not for me standing next to someone who hates everything I stand for.

Would you allow yourself to be pasted, to avoid being a "roaster"?

now you are just making up a chain of events here though, which is a bit removed from what you have originally said you see

because me, I have managed to attend f*cking hundreds of sporting events, gigs, festivals etc and so on and wild as this might be right, mental as this might sound, never rolled about in an aisle with someone

Do we expect anything else from these nationalist fucks?

Im in plenty of circles of Rangers fans and I don’t know one who bothers with Scotland. Any in our support that do are normally are just old guys romanticising over past glories growing up. Times change and the majority of Scotland fans hate and despise our club.

Im 'just an old guy' and I love watching Scotland lose.

now you are just making up a chain of events here though, which is a bit removed from what you have originally said you see

because me, I have managed to attend f*cking hundreds of sporting events, gigs, festivals etc and so on and wild as this might be right, mental as this might sound, never rolled about in an aisle with someone

"Never rolled about in an aisle with someone". Doesnt make you a bad guy.

Nor have I. The upshot of what we were discussing was "rolling about" with someone, as a possible outcome of asking someone to pipe down the abuse. And if that person came for you. The only 2 options there is defend yourself, which will result in rolling about, or stand and be pasted?

The level? It's one or two morons at most, and there's guys on here who were at the game and heard nothing. Let's not over exaggerate this and turn it into something it's not. Ryan Jack will get more boos at Ibrox after his next misplaced pass than he got at Hampden on Saturday, if it happened at all, that is.

How do you "over exaggerate"? Is that like reversing backwards?

Nor have I. The upshot of what we were discussing was "rolling about" with someone, as a possible outcome of asking someone to pipe down the abuse. And if that person came for you. The only 2 options there is defend yourself, which will result in rolling about, or stand and be pasted?

See you would need to have went to the effort of engaging someone who was clearly a bit of a c*nt though....that is where this invented issue would start.

You seems pretty up for rolling about with a lad in an aisle at a game of football, it just isn't something that interests me.

One fan wrote: "I grew up in an era when Celtic players were routinely jeered and insulted when playing for Scotland.

Never happened. Tell a lie often enough.

Jimmy Johnstone was booed when he first replaced Willie Henderson. There was a big condemnation in the press and it stopped.

Apart from that , Brian McClair got booed , when he was a Man U player , for about his 30th game of serial uselessness.

I can not remember any other Scotland player getting booed until McAllister at Hampden.

Celtic fans did not go to see Scotland so how the %^*& would they know what happened?

Back