Scotland fans hit out at the booing of Ryan Jack

Ryan Jack, when fit, is our best defensive midfielder who makes all other midfielders good.

Shown door in summer because he wants to play for his country? Surely playing for country is a massive pride moment.
Hes not been fit for years and is now 30+

Shown the door for the above and risking his availability for Rangers, his employers, while making himself available for the NT. Regardless of whether he wants to play for them or not, his priority is Rangers.

Ryan Jack deserves better from Scotland Fans, Rangers deserve much better from Ryan Jack.

One fan wrote: "I grew up in an era when Celtic players were routinely jeered and insulted when playing for Scotland.

Never happened. Tell a lie often enough.
ALWAYS, ALWAYS, never let you down!!!!
VICTIMS card.
Becoming SO predictable and fvcken boring,yet believed by so many clowns.

It is entirely possible and pretty easy to attend Scotland games and barely even notice what is the "Tartan Army", genuinely have no idea where that section even sits.

Most of those in attendance tend to just be folk out in small pockets with their mates or a lot of families.

The notion every person in attendance is some Rangers player hating b*stard is pretty removed the reality of attending a game

Genuinely never noticeably noticed anyone there doing anything other than wanting Scotland to do well at the games I have attended

Not really the same though is it? The fans of Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd hate us and we hate them. Do Aberdeen fans hate Hibs and Dundee Utd? Do Hibs fans hate Aberdeen and Dundee Utd? Do Dundee Utd fans hate Hibs and Aberdeen?

The issue is they all hate us.

No one likes us we dont care is bullshit.
Yes, Dundee United and Aberdeen fans don't like each other. Personally I couldn't give a toss if they all hate Rangers. It doesn't bother me in the slightest.

That’d have been a ten hour return flight in those days and maybe, if it wasnt a chartered flight, ave been directly into Glasgow.
Maybe not, considering jet lag, the best preparation.
Probably not the best preparation, it may well have been an earlier commitment that we were forced to fulfill, I don't know, but it was still three weeks away from the Final.
It does seem a long way for one game.
The following week we beat Morton 2-1 (a), then a week later a testimonial for some Motherwell player (1-1). Roger Hynd scored a goal in both games.
Alex Willoughby did not appear in the Motherwell match, and I don't think he even went to Nuremberg!

Tartan Army scum.
That's not really fair - I was in Poland to watch Scotland play Ukraine a few months back and Rangers came up as a topic of conversation in a bar afterwards when people round about found out I was a Rangers fan. Everyone was positive about a Rangers fan watching Scotland and several others in the bar joined in the conversation - and several of those people tuned out to be Rangers fans too. The one club that I find is under-represented amongst Scotland fans is the one that is affiliated to Ireland.

I don't expect to get many "likes" out of this but that's what happened. I have never experienced any serious animosity when watching Scotland on account of being a Rangers fan - not once.

Everyone please remember that Rangers have provided more players for the national team than any other club.

It is entirely possible and pretty easy to attend Scotland games and barely even notice what is the "Tartan Army", genuinely have no idea where that section even sits.

Most of those in attendance tend to just be folk out in small pockets with their mates or a lot of families.

The notion every person in attendance is some Rangers player hating b*stard is pretty removed the reality of attending a game

Genuinely never noticeably noticed anyone there doing anything other than wanting Scotland to do well at the games I have attended
You've never seen or witnessed the travelling support then ,

You've never seen or witnessed the travelling support then ,

Nah, I have.

The general auld c*nts I know who travel most of the way around the world put Scotland way, way above any supposed hate of Rangers, when travelling to support Scotland, they aren't really, as much a shock as this seemingly is, that arsed about Rangers when supporting Scotland.

When Scotland played England at the Euros did c*nts and wanks latch on to that trip, of course they did.

The National side is a a team supported by a f*ck load of males in the age range of 18-70 so of course some in that mix won't be that fussed for Rangers, I don't expect them to be. If I had went I wouldn't have been that f*cked for speaking glowingly about Celtic.

I attend Scotland games with my mates who are Hearts fans, when Rangers play Hearts I don't speak that glowingly of Hearts either

Some seem to get a bit lost in the idea that some people when Scotland play, support Scotland, and when Scotland aren't playing go back to their club sides.

A f*ck load of people support Scotland and can box things off depending on what is going on at the time. To a lot of people, Rangers aren't their be all and end all.

Was at the game, all I heard was one boo near me among the applause for when he came off the pitch. A sheep fan as it turned out. They honestly contend with that lot for the bitterest fans in the country.

Shown the door for the above and risking his availability for Rangers, his employers, while making himself available for the NT. Regardless of whether he wants to play for them or not, his priority is Rangers.

Ryan Jack deserves better from Scotland Fans, Rangers deserve much better from Ryan Jack.
It isn’t that easy though is it. Players or their clubs can’t refuse a National call up. He is proud to be Rangers and Scottish.

The problem is, is that there are too many Scottish Rangers fans who have allowed the poets to take over. That’s the big problem. I’d be embarrassed if I was one of they fans who refuses to support their national team. It is embarrassing. We have the biggest support in Scotland so it’ll be easy to take over again.

Loads of Rangers fans would rather support England. Ridiculous. I was born in England and have an English accent, I’d never be seen, at all, supporting England. Ever.

I can remember Aitken getting the odd boo in the late 80/early 90s, but I suspect that was as much because he was shite and Roxburgh's pet than the fact he played for the other mob.

That's the only one, and I went to a lot of Scotland games in those days.

Thankfully our manager doesn’t think this way and him playing for Scotland will have zero bearing on whether he is still at Rangers next season or not.

I really think he will and will actually look forward to the rage on here from the usual suspects.

I was at the game on Saturday, and can honestly say I never heard him being booed. Not saying it didn't happen, but if it did I never noticed it.
I'm exactly the same, didn't hear it but I'm not surprised.
There has always been a special kind of idiot amongst the tartan army though. Guys who are so steaming by the time they get to the ground, if it was Ibrox ( or I assume parkhead), they'd get lifted before they got in the stadium. Screaming and frothing at the mouth cos scotland aren't 3 nil up after 15 mins against one of the top sides. Zero knowledge of football and just there for the piss up. I'm not slating the whole scotland support I go to most games myself but there are some right eejits amongst them who get away with too much at times. On this occasion I'm glad to see decent fans calling out the idiots.

That quote, "I grew up in an era when Celtic players were routinely jeered... "

Is an example of how their grip on the media works. Completely made up, but suits the forever persecuted agenda.

Some of the comments on this tweet.
Including one that a sellik player was booed on Saturday!
Some of the abuse and vile comments aimed at RJ because he plays for us, both before and after Saturdays game, yet some doubt he was booed?
I have no doubt he was , not by a large amount, but there will have been enough in that crowd, particularly in alcohol involved, will not have been able to hold back the bile.

Dunno. But I'll trust the guys on this thread who were at the game and said they never heard it.
Been to every Scotland game at Hampden for about 20 years and never heard the crowd boo Lee Wallace.

This fascination with taking the perceived actions of 1 or 2 individuals and painting the entire support with the same brush is strange. We would be going nuts if someone was doing that about the Rangers support.

Some of the abuse and vile comments aimed at RJ because he plays for us, both before and after Saturdays game, yet some doubt he was booed?
I have no doubt he was , not by a large amount, but there will have been enough in that crowd, particularly in alcohol involved, will not have been able to hold back the bile.
You are taking the anonymous posts of twitter accounts over the eye witness testimonies of several posters on here and that has left you 'no doubt' he was booed?.

Been to every Scotland game at Hampden for about 20 years and never heard the crowd boo Lee Wallace.

This fascination with taking the perceived actions of 1 or 2 individuals and painting the entire support with the same brush is strange. We would be going nuts if someone was doing that about the Rangers support.
Ryan Jack was booed on his debut for Scotland so much so Michael Stewart even commented on it.

That's not really fair - I was in Poland to watch Scotland play Ukraine a few months back and Rangers came up as a topic of conversation in a bar afterwards when people round about found out I was a Rangers fan. Everyone was positive about a Rangers fan watching Scotland and several others in the bar joined in the conversation - and several of those people tuned out to be Rangers fans too. The one club that I find is under-represented amongst Scotland fans is the one that is affiliated to Ireland.

I don't expect to get many "likes" out of this but that's what happened. I have never experienced any serious animosity when watching Scotland on account of being a Rangers fan - not once.

Everyone please remember that Rangers have provided more players for the national team than any other club.

I still maintain if you go round the 45k+ fans at a Scotland match at Hampden, the biggest group would be Rangers fans.

Not saying we are the majority like 50% of the support but defo a bigger group within that 45k than any other club.

I've stood up against scum at Hampden shouting at our players at Scotland matches and had back up I'd say 8 times out of 10.

I wouldn't invest much time into what is said on Twitter, it is a complete cesspit, be lucky if half they people leave their house let alone attend social events

If you gauge social media as to how fans would act at games I wouldn't read some comments and team releases about Rangers

You are taking the anonymous posts of twitter accounts over the eye witness testimonies of several posters on here and that has left you 'no doubt' he was booed?.
Yes.
Yes I am.
An "eye witness" on here is just as anonymous as someone on twitter.

Personally, I believe posters on here who say they were at the game and did not hear anything.
But in a crowd of over 50,000, many of whom will have been drinking since Friday night (nothing wrong with that ) I have no doubt the hatred of our club will have came forward.
I doubt it was widespread, but I believe it happened.
You only need to look at social media when a squad or team is announced by the SFA, the hatred is off the scale if anyone from our club is selected.
As I posted earlier in this thread, a number of Rangers players have been booed by the Tartan Army, are we expected to believe that sort of behaviour does not carry over into a small amount out of approximately 50,000 football fans?

Nah, I have.

The general auld c*nts I know who travel most of the way around the world put Scotland way, way above any supposed hate of Rangers, when travelling to support Scotland, they aren't really, as much a shock as this seemingly is, that arsed about Rangers when supporting Scotland.

When Scotland played England at the Euros did c*nts and wanks latch on to that trip, of course they did.

The National side is a a team supported by a f*ck load of males in the age range of 18-70 so of course some in that mix won't be that fussed for Rangers, I don't expect them to be. If I had went I wouldn't have been that f*cked for speaking glowingly about Celtic.

I attend Scotland games with my mates who are Hearts fans, when Rangers play Hearts I don't speak that glowingly of Hearts either

Some seem to get a bit lost in the idea that some people when Scotland play, support Scotland, and when Scotland aren't playing go back to their club sides.

A f*ck load of people support Scotland and can box things off depending on what is going on at the time. To a lot of people, Rangers aren't their be all and end all.
Bit of hand wringing going on in your post. The bulk of the Tartan Army ( in particular the older ones you refer to ) , have an unhealthy dislike of the English . Most of their songs / chants are anti English Even their adopted National Anthem FOS glorifies fighting with them , so in a sense you're partially correct that they're not caring about Rangers , indeed , only showing how much they hate the English, not really supporting Scotland. The YES banners you see at the Natszi ralleys are the same ones you see at the Scotland games.

Bit of hand wringing going on in your post. The bulk of the Tartan Army ( in particular the older ones you refer to ) , have an unhealthy dislike of the English Most of their songs / chants are anti English Even their adopted National Anthem FOS glorifies fighting with them , so in a sense you're partially correct that they're not caring about Rangers , indeed , only showing how much they hate the English, not really supporting Scotland. The YES banners you see at the Natszi ralleys are the same ones you see at the Scotland games.

The likes of the John McGinn song, which is often sung, that Doh A Deer sh*te and Tartan Army Boys are nothing to do with the English, and are the most oft sung.

Are songs sung about the English by some fans on occasion? Of course they are, you ever been away with us? you might hear a certain team sung about now and then, it doesn't then mean Rangers fans live in an existence of hate of that team as opposed to a love of Rangers.

You are attempting to dilute thousands and thousands of people down into one single thing, and it really just isn't as simple as that I am afraid

I attend Scotland games, my mum is English, I don't really hate her to be honest with you, yet you are half implying I do, which is f*cking mad.

A lot of Scottish people do actually just like, Scotland and see their feelings about Scotland as their priority.

Last edited:
Yes.
Yes I am.

Personally, I believe posters on here who say they were at the game and did not hear anything.
But in a crowd of over 50,000, many of whom will have been drinking since Friday night (nothing wrong with that ) I have no doubt the hatred of our club will have came forward.
You only need to look at social media when a squad or team is announced by the SFA, the hatred is off the scale if anyone from our club is selected.
As I posted earlier in this thread, a number of Rangers players have been booed by the Tartan Army, are we expected to believe that sort of behaviour does not carry over into a small amount out of approximately 50,000 football fans?
I honestly done know anyone who heard the boing from across any of my mates who were at the game, all of whom were in different sections of the ground. If he was boo'd it would have been by the odd steaming riot. To tar the rest of the support wit hthat brush is as daft as saying all Rangers fans are anti catholic because one guy shouts FTP or something.

If we are generalising then Ryan Jack didnt get boo'd. Nor will he on Tuesday. He received applause when he was subbed.

Yes.
Yes I am.

To turn it around a little, I was there with my boy who know's how much I can't stick Ryan Christie, so when he came on the wee man let out a boo and shouted he was terrible. I had to tell him to shut it. :p

Have we ever been successful?
Tbh noddy, I would say that our run qualifying for the wc finals was successful, although the mental block of getting out the group is still with us.

Don't really understand it, as the team was full of players with european winners medals. For some reason there was always a disaster result, especially when we were favourites. Sure as night follows day.

I've been to a few scotland games all at hampden and never witnessed booing of any of our players. Them or us. In fact when we beat spain 3-1 as mentioned on another post, there were 4 of us went together, 3 Rangers, 1 Celtic. We had a great night watching a cracking game of football and seeing dalglish scoring a class goal. Nobody gave a f**k who he used to play with, the goal was absolute dalglish at his best.

Unfortunately these days, politics is now at play with the national team and sadly the present SG are using it for their own ends.

Such a weird and pointless article. Dredging up an incident from 2017 and then putting a spin on it as if it happened at the weekend.

Jack got a good reception when he went off on Saturday.

Black is about one of the few players I can understand being booed in all honesty, and it was as much the call up as it was the incredibly dislikeable player

He should never have been near a Scotland squad, he became a player most Rangers fans grew to loathe to the extent he was standing on the pitch arguing with fans

That aside a section of Scotland fans are on occasion temperamental as f*ck they booed the decision and managerial decision to bring on Chris Martin, they booed Ryan Porteous recently.

Some football fans are on occasion a bit wanky

Back