Scotland fans how do we feel about Clarke as the new manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giovanni Van Henry

Was just wondering what fellow bears who support Scotland think of Clarke becoming the new gaffer? As much as I don't like the man I think he is probably the best man for the job at the moment considering what he did at killie. You could almost say killie were like how the national team is just now in terms of competitiveness in the euro qualifiers. We're not expected to qualify and are more than likely to end up near the bottom same exactly how kilmarnock were two years ago. It would be nice to see our national team have some more of our players in the squad and I don't think he'll be am arse and not pick them just because they play for us. If he can make us hard to beat and bring some of the youths then make a big push to qualify for a major then I'll be more than happy

I hope he does well but I still don't think we have the quality of player. We only have one player regularly playing at a top club. Hopefully he can see past the Torbett Tower Tossers when he picks his team. :)

I think he will do a good job, he's not the most exciting of names and could be looked at as a cheap option but there's no doubting he's a talented manager who has proven he can work well with not very much at his disposal.

Great appointment for Scotland from a football perspective. He done an exceptional job at killie and if he can get the same out of the Scotland squad he'll do well.

I think he's a decent manager - however, he would need to move away from the usual doing what is expected by the SFA and doing what is right for the team. That means picking the best players. Not just going for the old favourites or because the SFA want their pals at Celtic's players picked. We've actually got decent players but we often don't pick them or play them in the right position to ensure that some current or ex-Celtic player is shoehorned into the team.

There is no reason why he can't be an improvement unless he's just another SFA minion that'll just do what he's told. Remember, there is one clear fact out there. The SFA have no interest in helping Scottish football become better. They have no interest in the national team getting better.

He’ll organise the team which is what you need to be if you’re not very good, he’s done an outstanding job in similar circumstances at Killie.

The mhedia will give one of their own a lot more leeway than they did Eck or anyone else Rangers-related previously at the SFA, Gordon Smith as another example. That is a guarantee. Clarke's messiah status is laughable, tbh.

He’ll turn Scotland into a team of over physical thugs. Yes, it’ll make us hard to beat and will see us disposing if smaller teams much more ruthlessly but it’ll be dull as f*ck to watch and when it comes to crunch games against half decent teams they’ll know how to deal with us and tear us a new one.

I don’t really care about the national team but he seemed to organise Killie to come from just above relegation to being a consistent team who nobody were comfortable playing. I think their pitch helped his league position but he used what he had to their advantage. I didn’t think he fancied the pressure of being the Tim manager but might be able to do something with the Scotland team. Whether we have the players to make it work time will tell.

His behaviour this year towards SFA officials and his hatred of our club are both reprehensible!

Despise the overrated classless throbber! We will see how he gets on without his beloved plastic pitch! His football philosophy is negative counter attack!

He can't exactly do any worse than what was there before him.
Didn't think Scotland would manage to get a more arrogant manager than Strachan, but they seem to have managed it..

I don't care much about the national team but he is probably the best for the job, he seems to be able to get there without much funds

By a country mile the best man for the job and I'm struggling to think of the last time the SFA managed to appoint a guy who was directly coming off a very successful previous job.

Don't really care any more. Years of celtc stooges have forced me away from supporting Scotland. At least Canada will have one Rangers player more than Scotland will.

seems to be the obvious choice and certainly knows how to set up his team, just hope Klubfoot isnt our new captain

I worry that he’ll let his biases dictate the players he picks. I want him to pick the best possible team no matter who they play for. So there’s that.

I was happy to read on another thread that the rumours of him having an alcohol problem are more than likely not true.

Another appointment who won't get us to a major finals.

He'll pick the players to keep himself popular with the arseholes who run Scottish football. Failure awaits.

I supported and followed Scotland for decades but since we ditched our REAL National Anthem for that dirge and the continual anti Rangers agenda and stance from the Tranny Army and even the SFA, I really couldn't care less.
The appointment of Steve Clarke certainly isn't going to change my opinion any time soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back