Scotland or Europe?

If we accept that the league is not going to be ours this season (much as it hurts me to type that), is your priority the Scottish Cup or more success in Europe?
I'm not sure how popular my opinion is but a good run in Europe makes me much more excited.

If we accept that the league is not going to be ours this season (much as it hurts me to type that), is your priority the Scottish Cup or more success in Europe?
I'm not sure how popular my opinion is but a good run in Europe makes me much more excited.

Unless we reach the final it's the Scottish for me, a quadruple treble for them would be ridiculous.

Reach the final of Europe over the SC provided anyone but the mentally challengeds win it.

Europe has been amazing this season & put well needed money into the coffers but we must break the mentally challenged trophy monopoly & start to develop a winning mentality at our club.
We won't win or should I say it's unlikely we'll win the Europa league but a Scottish Cup win especially if we could win it against them or put them out would for the first time in years would give them something to think about and is more realistic.
So it's the Scottish Cup for me................................. beginning with a good win & performance at Tynecastle of course.

We've got to win something. Europe is nice and also healthy for the finances but a trophy is the priority. Scottish cup seems our best chance of that.

Depends how you define success in Europe? Winning it compared to the Scottish cup is a no brainer. Getting through one more round or winning the Scottish? Would probably pick winning the cup to be honest.

With the corruption we face on a weekly basis within Scottish football , Europe is the the place to show just how much we are improving ......
Having reached the last 16 , people out with Scotland must be questioning what's going on with Rangers in Scotland , when we put up a good performance against bayer leverkusen , it will only highlight what Rangers are capable of when officiated to the same standards as their appointments.

Like most on here unless it’s europa final the I would rather win Scottish cup we need to stop tht lot winning everything and would give us a hug boost ahead of next season.
As a side note unfortunately I think our europa league run ends against Leverkusen

I’m a big fan of Europe. These games excite me more than any.

It can’t be underestimated the importance of the cash generated, the profile raising, satisfying player ambitions, and flying the flag as the country’s only representatives.

But then not being from or ever having lived in Glasgow I won’t know the real pain of the core fans. For them we need the Cup.

Usually I’d always opt for Europe, but the circumstances are close to unique in where we are domestically and as there is far more likelihood of us winning the Scottish Cup I’d suggest that should edge it in terms of our priorities.

It would be huge, stopping a quadruple treble, giving us our first silverware since 2011 and hopefully engendering a winning mentality at the club again.

Europe I know celic domination etc but for 30 year it’s been the same always winning a pissy wee backward country competition against thugs and brainless hordes who play anti football who anybody outside this country don’t give one flying f##k about in all honesty do any of us give a toss about Romanian Scandinavia or Eastern Europe league but wee can name and remember ish teams from these countries that cause an upset or testing OUR club against tactically superior nice attractive passing style football on a fair and even keel with semi impartial officials

I always see Europe as an adventure. I believe that as we have now went a couple of rounds further than last year makes it a great success, therefore anything else is to be enjoyed. I think we should be winning domestic trophies therefore the Scottish Cup for me.
Mad as it may sound I have not given up on the league

Europe. The cash it brings in and value it adds to our players valuations is undoubtedly more important. If celtic hadnt been getting trebles it wouldnt even be a discussion.

What would you rather have our name amongst: scottish cup winning teams (with the likes of hibs, caley thistle and st johnstone) or european quarterfinalists (with the likes of Man U, Roma, Inter Milan etc.).

Dont get me wrong. Scottish cup win is far more achievable than getting to next round of europa. But if it was a choice, realistically a scottish cup win means little more than bragging rights.

I'd love us to keep going in Europe but anything extra from here is a bonus.

I think we need to get winning a trophy again out of the way and the Scottish Cup is the more realistic of the two so would be my preference.

Europe for me. It's worth significantly more than the tinpot and corrupt SPL. Cash is vital to us as the Club continues to rebuild.

They cannot win the treble again. That would give Lennon 5 trophies in around 15 months. Not acceptable at all.

Sc for me first and foremost. EL is a bonus, although how delicious if we won the EL, went straight into CL group stages and they got howfed out the CL in the qualifying rounds.

I have already stated I'd accept them getting the treble if it meant we won the EL.

However reaching the final of both the EL and the Scottish and winning neither would be completely meaningless at the end of the day. We NEED a trophy, and we NEED to stop their domestic charge

The only reason Scottish cup is a viable choice here is to stop Celtic winning a 12th trophy on the bounce.

Other than that further advancement in Europe is worth about millions per round. If we made the final we would bring in around another £12m, half that if we made the semi finals. Scottish cup winners get about £100k in total. So it's a no brainer on that front.

I get the sentiment behind the domestic cups. Important part of our history and I want a trophy as much as the next bear, but Europe is far more important to rebuilding our club.

I have already stated I'd accept them getting the treble if it meant we won the EL.

However reaching the final of both the EL and the Scottish and winning neither would be completely meaningless at the end of the day. We NEED a trophy, and we NEED to stop their domestic charge

Nonsense.

I'd go out the Scottish cup right now if it meant we were guaranteed the Europa league final.

We would collect another £8m in prize money, plus TV money, plus ticket sales. So a potential £12m. Imagine what that can do for us in the summer. We can add more quality and may even be able to resist selling players to fund it.

Far more likely to win the league next season with that than going out now and winning Scottish cup.

We really have to win the Scottish Cup to stop their stranglehold on the domestic trophies. That doesn't mean we can't continue to fight in Europe.

Imagine the scenes if we win the Europa league with direct entry into the champions league and they fail in the qualifying rounds again.

Nonsense.

I'd go out the Scottish cup right now if it meant we were guaranteed the Europa league final.

We would collect another £8m in prize money, plus TV money, plus ticket sales. So a potential £12m. Imagine what that can do for us in the summer. We can add more quality and may even be able to resist selling players to fund it.

Far more likely to win the league next season with that than going out now and winning Scottish cup.

Exactly my thinking too - and the brutal truth is that outside of our little country nobody cares about our domestic football - getting to the QF of the Europa league will be seen as a much better achievement

Scottish cup is a must now imho, the thought of them winning 12 domestic trophies on the spin makes me feel sick

I think the strategy has been pretty clear so far, the next game is priority, regardless. If a top pick is available, he plays. I’ve only ever seen resting where we are well ahead and out of sight in any given game or up against much lower opposition in the early stages of the cup. I can’t see that changing until it’s mathematically impossible to win the league.

I get the feeling that even getting past Leverkusen would be a greater achievement than winning the Scottish Cup.

The important thing is winning trophies. We’d all take winning the EL over winning the Scottish Cup I think. Despite our good run, however, winning the EL is very much a long shot so, realistically, our better chance of success lies in winning the Scottish Cup.

Europa league win would top the list,entry straight into CL following season.big ask I know but if we progress against Leverkusen then yes we could win it.Hearts win a must for self belief

Back