Scotland should pull out of qualifying for Qatar 2022 - agree/disagree?

As per thread title

• Agree

Votes: 81 42.9%
  • Disagree

Votes: 108 57.1%

• Total voters
Scotland would soon change their tune if a good amount of european countries did pull out...

What a clusterfuck it's all going to be when league seasons need to get shifted to makeway for a November world cup. We'll have league seasons starting in July, taking a break in November for the WC, some will then have a winter break and they'll start back in February meaning the league needs to run until late June.

Also - what needs to happen with the Champions League, which will still be in the group stages in November - will they start all that earlier?

It's all going to be an absolute shambles.

If Scotland could qualify and then withdraw citing human rights violations- that would make more of a statement.

Best result would be if they qualified and the tartan trannies rolled up drunk, in their kilts and started pishing in the fountains and doorsteps over there, baring their erchies etc. Once they got lifted - that would make me laugh.

I think Scotland should withdraw and also write a strongly worded letter to The Daily Mail about it - "Dear Daily Mail, why oh why oh why etc".

I don't really care about the National team but from a human rights perspective then that could be a different matter.

In saying that there is always the ethos that sport and politics should remain apart. If you want to adhere to SPORTING INTEGRITY then we should not be linking it with politics.

Voted NO! just like 2014;), Though it is a very fair point about playing in countries with human rights issues. Shouldn't just pick and choose because you probably won't be there any way.

Christ now I've heard it all. Scotland pulling out of Qatar qualifying is to FIFA what me pulling out the Mr Universe qualifiers is to whoever the hell it is that runs that.

"Mr President, a team that haven't qualified in 20 years are pulling out the tournament."

"Eh, ok. What's for lunch?"

Maybe our players will have grown a few inches by then, hopefully even tall enough to present their own passports to the check in desk at the airport.

I'd be more interested in Rangers withdrawing their players from being available for Scotland. Feck them, they ignore us at their peril

I'd be more interested in Rangers withdrawing their players from being available for Scotland. Feck them, they ignore us at their peril

I agree. We've got the spine of a team that they continually overlook. They want their mentally challenged failures to carry our flag to Qatar and disgrace themselves? Let them!

I agree. We've got the spine of a team that they continually overlook. They want their mentally challenged failures to carry our flag to Qatar and disgrace themselves? Let them!
I personally don't want to follow a team that flies a separatist, rebel flag like the Lion Rampant all over the place anyway

Will save us Scotland fans the pain, embarrassment and heartbreak that come with supporting the national team.

With Scotland all there is is painful memories. Even beating France home and away is trumped by the fact we went from a position of qualification to one of bottling it and those results can't be celebrated without it being recognised as failure.

Only way to get the message to FIFA that the other teams are playing too many big boys.

SFA will never withdraw as money always comes first. Anyway, not to worry as we will never qualify anyway.

Back