Scotland to use the HTC for their training base for Euro 2020

Scotland are set to use Rangers' Hummel Training Centre as their base for Euro 2020 if they qualify, rather than their own Oriam complex in Edinburgh.

And the Czech Republic will utilise Scotland's national performance training centre instead for the duration of the tournament.

Scotland have used the £33 million purpose-built base in the outskirts of the capital as their training centre since last year, having switched from luxury hotel Mar Hall after players complained about the pitches and facilities. West Ham star Robert Snodgrass revealed the players lobbied the SFA to use Oriam instead of Mar Hall.

UEFA asked the SFA earlier this year - before current manager Steve Clarke took charge - to nominate their training base if they qualified because they are one of the host nations for the Finals, with Hampden hosting two of their group games.

And it's claimed previous Scotland coaching staff chose Rangers' training centre rather than Oriam.

It means Scotland won't even train at their own multi-million pounds training centre if they reach their first tournament in 22 years next year if they defeat Israel and then either Norway or Serbia in the play-offs.

Ironically, it was former Rangers flop Libor Sionko who revealed the information this week when he confirmed their preparatory plans for the Finals where they will play two games in Scotland.

Sionko - who is now the Czechs FA's Team Manager - said: "We went to Scotland twice to look at everything and we had three choices - Rangers, Stirling or Edinburgh.

"I know Rangers well because of my time in Scotland, but the Rangers Training Centre has already been booked by the Scottish national team and Oriam suited us best as an alternative. It's the highest level training performance centre in Scotland.

"In Edinburgh, we will have peace and quiet and the facilities are excellent. It's also less than an hour away from Glasgow.

"The hotel is next to the complex and very modern and it's just the perfect base for us. We arrive there on June 10."

Scotland would actually play Czech Republic at Hampden, if they qualify, in their first game of Group D on June 15.

I see this as another plus for Rangers and our push towards resetting the Natural Order of Scottish Football. Our Country Our Club facilities. It also proves that the Training Centre which was being left to run down is now a Grade A facilitie thanks to Hummel and the present Board

Don't have a problem with it. Although we'll never change the opinion of the scum element of the Tartan Army it'll maybe give the National team staff and a few of the players a bit more respect for Rangers.

Scotland players train at our training centre.

Scotland players tell other players how good it is.

Said players want to train there too.

Young players can watch players who have made it.

Literally no negatives here.

I'm probably being cynical here.. but maybe thats their thinking?? They already know deep down they wont qualify, so chose our complex as they know they wont get there.. Meanwhile other teams choose the alternatives as they can't choose ours as its booked out - only for it not to be used in the end.

So, we lose out on possible revenue as we could have been hosting the Czech team instead.

I am pretty sure whoever qualifies in Scotland's place will book it out as they will have 2 games in Glasgow

Scotland are set to use Rangers' Hummel Training Centre as their base for Euro 2020 if they qualify, rather than their own Oriam complex in Edinburgh.

And the Czech Republic will utilise Scotland's national performance training centre instead for the duration of the tournament.

Scotland have used the £33 million purpose-built base in the outskirts of the capital as their training centre since last year, having switched from luxury hotel Mar Hall after players complained about the pitches and facilities. West Ham star Robert Snodgrass revealed the players lobbied the SFA to use Oriam instead of Mar Hall.

UEFA asked the SFA earlier this year - before current manager Steve Clarke took charge - to nominate their training base if they qualified because they are one of the host nations for the Finals, with Hampden hosting two of their group games.

And it's claimed previous Scotland coaching staff chose Rangers' training centre rather than Oriam.

It means Scotland won't even train at their own multi-million pounds training centre if they reach their first tournament in 22 years next year if they defeat Israel and then either Norway or Serbia in the play-offs.

Ironically, it was former Rangers flop Libor Sionko who revealed the information this week when he confirmed their preparatory plans for the Finals where they will play two games in Scotland.

Sionko - who is now the Czechs FA's Team Manager - said: "We went to Scotland twice to look at everything and we had three choices - Rangers, Stirling or Edinburgh.

"I know Rangers well because of my time in Scotland, but the Rangers Training Centre has already been booked by the Scottish national team and Oriam suited us best as an alternative. It's the highest level training performance centre in Scotland.

"In Edinburgh, we will have peace and quiet and the facilities are excellent. It's also less than an hour away from Glasgow.

"The hotel is next to the complex and very modern and it's just the perfect base for us. We arrive there on June 10."

Scotland would actually play Czech Republic at Hampden, if they qualify, in their first game of Group D on June 15.
I didn’t even know Scotland had their own training ground.

Never heard of " purpose-built " Oriam. So who owns this , certainly not the SFA.
I didn’t even know Scotland had their own training ground.
SFA earning some cash by hiring out Oriam to the Czech Republic.

They don't own they have contract to hire it the Scottish Rugby Union also use it along with Hearts in fact anyone can use I think

Oriam is owned by Heriot Watt University I think well it is based on their Riccarton site and most of the money came from the Scottish Government via fund set up for a Sport Performance Centre

There will be Dhims on Twitter going mental and telling the SFA they won’t be back to see Scotland! Which is no bad thing having less nationalistic, bitter bigoted fans following our national team.

So the other teams had the choice of The Oriam or Stirling Uni. How come the super complex at Lennoxtown wasn’t rated, or have Japan booked a Summer tour?

Would not give them the training facilities ,we are due them nothing but contempt.
All the Scottish players and supporters will need to watch the Euros is a sofa so the issue won't arise .

O
Good.

Scotland’s premier club and its national team should have a good working relationship. The way things have been allowed to deteriorate isn’t healthy

Once the SFA apologise to our club and support we can consider the relationship. Until then, unless they are paying us a substantial sum, say 800k like they stole from us for the Steven Davis transfer, then they can bolt.

Back