Scotland U19 Rudden scores again

Good to think that SG may bring him back into the fold this pre season.

He seems to be going well and maybe some time around Alfredo would help sharpen him up as he seems to be an excellent prospect for the near future !

Fantastic achievement for a player to score an international hat trick, at any level, shouted out when I saw Rudden bag his 3rd.

I hope we get these young guys tied down and given a chance,we don't want another Gilmour scenario. All the youth teams seem to be doing great and the old adage of if they're good enough they're old enough rings true, DJ the prime example. Get them in.

As long as vultures do not come along and take them away, a la Gilmour.

Ideally we'd develop youngsters to play for us for a couple of season, win trophies and caps before earning us mega transfer fees. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of the stockpilers, particularly when it comes to youngsters, like Gilmour, who've yet to sign their first pro contract.
It would be pretty special to see 4, 5 or more HTC produced players featuring regularly in the first team in a season or two. Providing they've continued to develop to the required standard of course.

Last edited:
A few Bears in the Team

D2WOn9tXgAAVTgz.jpg

7 in the squad and two ex Bears, not bad for a squad of 20

Ideally we'd develop youngsters to play for us for a couple of season, win trophies and caps before earning us mega transfer fees. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of the stockpilers, particularly when it comes to youngster, like Gilmour, who've yet to sign their first pro contract.
It would be pretty special to see 4, 5 or more HTC produced players featuring regularly in the first team in a season or two. Providing they've continued to develop to the required standard of course.

It’s just a big old food chain.

We rob plenty of clubs beneath us. Part of our place in the ladder.

We develop, ideally they help us win a title, then we cash in.

I can't disagree with any of that.
The stockpiling irks me though.

As of next season, EPL teams are only allowed to have 8-10 players on loan below a certain age.

Might start putting the kids off?

Or, change the dynamics of a transfer?

Pre contract for 2 years time etc: for example, Chelsea try and take Rudden, but he signs a pre contract, with a view to a 2022 transfer.

Both clubs get the required development/game time and they don’t get caught in the quagmire of large scale youth development.

Back