Scotland U21 v Norn Iron U21 - Paisley this afternoon

Ben moved to Liverpool earlier this year, he came on as a sub for that lot in the 3-0 game in February. Seems to be getting a lot plaudits.
I believe his grandfather Martin played for Morton. He's from Dalry.

Is Ben Doak the lad that upset the mhutants after ditching them for Liverpool?

Some physique for a 16 y o
It is. Seemingly Liverpool s best player at that age group already.

Seems to be a top talent, thank %^*& he fucked them over.

King and Devine a wee bit hesitant defending v former Ger Chris McKee in build up to our goal. Good near post finish though.

Who is the co commentator? Been slating King and Devine and praising the U21's "when led by Stephen Welsh". Also keeps referring to NI as just Ireland. Hmmmm

Scotland midfield is causing half the problems by continually turning over possession in some terrible areas leaving the defense exposed.

NI giving a better account of themselves this time after losing the first game 3-1. Scottish midfield looks poor this time.

NI giving a better account of themselves this time after losing the first game 3-1. Scottish midfield looks poor this time.
This team is mostly young inexperienced players and guys making their debut.

We also have a hopeless manager who loves direct route 1 football.

Profligate finishing cost is 3 points there. A familiar tail of woe for Scotland at all levels.

We don’t score goals

Liked the look of that Conway. Pace, a good size and likes to get in behind. Just turned 20 and a starter in the English championship with 6 goals in 10 games for Bristol City.

If he keeps up his club form, I wouldn't be shocked if he gets a top team call up in March or an England u21 call up lol.

For us:

King's long passing was a bit off, in the second half but was solid defensively. I think Gemmell wanted him going long constantly and resulted in a lot of turnovers.

Devine was soso in the first half, but grew into the game in the second half and did some good ball carrying in the second half.

McCann played some nice passes and was OK.

Hogarth kicking was a bit off but again, this could be due to Gemmell wanting to go long constantly.

McAussland had a few driving runs but was in and out of the game.

Liked the look of that Conway. Pace, a good size and likes to get in behind. Just turned 20 and a starter in the English championship with 6 goals in 10 games for Bristol City.

If he keeps up his club form, I wouldn't be shocked if he gets a top team call up in March or an England u21 call up lol.

For us:

King's long passing was a bit off, in the second half but was solid defensively. I think Gemmell wanted him going long constantly and resulted in a lot of turnovers.

Devine was soso in the first half, but grew into the game in the second half and did some good ball carrying in the second half.

McCann played some nice passes and was OK.

Hogarth kicking was a bit off but again, this could be due to Gemmell wanting to go long constantly.

McAussland had a few driving runs but was in and out of the game.
Our lads struggling a bit it seems?

Back