Scotland Under 21’s - 3 Positive COVID Cases

We shouldn't be smug about this, we will certainly come a cropper eventually.
So far it seems we have been incredibly lucky.
I hope Aberdeen have as healthy a squad as possible because we want this game played, and I certainly need a proper football fix.
I disagree, be smug whenever you can. We just had nearly a decade of not getting to be smug while scumbags lorded it up

Never miss an opportunity to be smug

Last edited:
So why are you telling people off about it then?
Obviously you are referring to my reply to the other poster hoping it was Ferguson and not your point about your ill will towards LG who has nothing to do with the thread, it was an error from me to tell the poster to get a grip, I jumped in with a quick reply and I shouldn't have bothered I also regret questioning the posters character.
As has been alluded to by other posters the poster who I replied to may just have been indicating which player he would rather missed the game if a second Aberdeen player does have to miss out rather than actively wishing Ferguson contracted the virus.

Celtic manager Neil Lennon is not happy with the Scottish FA after David Turnbull tested positive for Covid-19 following his return from Scotland Under-21s duty.

"Again one of our players goes away on international duty and picks something up, it's bitterly disappointing," Lennon tells BBC Scotland Sportsound

Always someone else's fault

This is exactly why international football should’ve been cancelled for the foreseeable

It’ll inevitably affect us at some point and there’s not much you can do to avoid it

Shouldn‘t be an issue if we manage to emerge unscathed this time given that the next break isn’t until 18th March next year, by which point we should (touch wood) have played 32 league games and hopefully be further forward on the vaccine.

Celtic manager Neil Lennon is not happy with the Scottish FA after David Turnbull tested positive for Covid-19 following his return from Scotland Under-21s duty.

"Again one of our players goes away on international duty and picks something up, it's bitterly disappointing," Lennon tells BBC Scotland Sportsound

Someone needs to tell him that Edouard tested positive AT ARRIVAL to the French u21 camp

Oops. On Ross McC, the Sheep have confirmed 1 positive and two isolating. So. Ferguson, MacLennan and McCrorie. Sure I saw somewhere that Ross was the positive out of the three.
It's more likely to be one of the others. Ross will self isolate in the same way Tierney did, despite having a previous positive.

This is exactly why international football should’ve been cancelled for the foreseeable

It’ll inevitably affect us at some point and there’s not much you can do to avoid it
You are correct.
the government’s had to do it.
eufa were only interested in the cash cow next June.
Last Thursday, only four games were competitive, that was the finals.
there were over 20 friendlies that weren’t needed.

It's more likely to be one of the others. Ross will self isolate in the same way Tierney did, despite having a previous positive.
See the tweet from Raman that’s been posted above. To me it points to Ross being the positive.

If so, I sympathise with him but he’d have been missing tomorrow anyway so in game terms it’s neither here nor there for us.

Even hanging about the training ground/canteen is surely a risk if he’s positive? Remember SFA only alerted clubs to this around 9:30pm last night going by what Motherwell have said.
Don't worry, the NHS track and trace is known for its efficiency and accuracy so any contacts will definitely be aware by now. Probably by 10pm last night really.

It was

Aberdeen FC is highly disappointed to confirm that, upon returning from international duty with Scotland Under 21’s, a member of the first team squad yesterday tested positive for COVID-19.

The individual, who is asymptomatic, has been self-isolating since receiving the test result.

Following guidance from the Scottish Government’s COVID experts, two further first team players, who were also part of the Scotland Under 21 squad, will be required to self-isolate for 14 days having been identified as close contacts as a result of the aircraft and bus seating manifests.

No other members of the first team or coaching staff at Cormack Park have tested positive, either during this week’s routine testing, or in fact since August.

From the outset the Club has diligently followed the strict protocols outlined by the Joint Response Group (JRG) and with a regular testing regime and stringent safety measures in place aimed at minimising any potential risk, this is a hugely frustrating situation for all at AFC.

With three first team players now missing in what is a crucial week for the Club, these developments will have a significant impact upon the integrity of its preparations, and it will be seeking urgent assurances from the Scottish FA to ensure its players remain safe whilst on International duty.

Celtic and Aberdeen bumping their gums about what a fantastic job they've done of sticking to covid regulations despite Aberdeen 8, boli boli, Frimpong, Griffiths.

Rangers when Jones and GE mess up. Players were in the wrong. Let the club and fans down. Very serious. Accept all sanctions. (Despite our sanctions being more than twice what anyone else gets)

Boli boli, Frimpong, Griffiths

Shut your noise!

Shouldn't be casting any stones!

McInnes suggesting the players were not tested after the u21 game last week even though a member of staff was confirmed as positive then all flew to Croatia. Also saying the players were not socially distanced properly on the flight.

SFA being shown up as complete amateurs again. This needs investigated

McInnes suggesting the players were not tested after the u21 game last week even though a member of staff was confirmed as positive then all flew to Croatia. Also saying the players were not socially distanced properly on the flight.

Just listening to this. He's quite rightly pissed off.

SFA proving yet again that they are not fit for purpose

And they sat in judgement of 2 of our players.

Those self isolating appear to be based on where they sat on the plane on the way home.

Eleven Scotland Under-21 players and two backroom staff are self-isolating after three of the players tested positive for Covid-19.

The positive tests were recorded after the players returned to their clubs following Tuesday's defeat in Greece and those three players are to isolate for 10 days from 20 November.
The 10 close contacts must do likewise for 14 days, also starting Friday.

Scot Gemmill's squad and staff flew back to Scotland on Wednesday.

"The close contacts were established using aircraft and bus manifests, in adherence to government protocols that consider close contacts to be two rows either side of a positive case," said the SFA in a statement.

The latest development comes after a member of the team's backroom staff returned a positive test last Sunday prior to the group travelling to Greece, with a colleague deemed as a close contact.
Confirmed by McInness on BBC sportspund
Well done agent McCrorie

I await the inquest and resultant lengthy bans for anyone who broke covid rules. Might have a long wait right enough.

I would disagree. All cases in this report have been confirmed by the authorities and are not under dispute. Covid is a bit like the flu, in that there are different strains, so the antibodies you build up from the first infection don't fully protect you. The Lancet is The Bible for medicine. If they are reporting that people have caught Covid twice, then it is pretty much beyond dispute.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/coronavirus-reinfected-caught-twice-covid-19120597
you’re mixing up testing positive with actually having covid 19

you’re mixing up testing positive with actually having covid 19
No I'm not.

Anyway, what is the difference? You show symptoms, you get tested, if you test positive, it means you have it, unless the test is later proven to be wrong.

The accuracy of tests is a completely different argument altogether.

No I'm not.

Anyway, what is the difference? You show symptoms, you get tested, if you test positive, it means you have it, unless the test is later proven to be wrong.

The accuracy of tests is a completely different argument altogether.
ok bro, read up on the difference between a positive test and having COVID (a viral disease).

also, footballers are being tested routinely, nothing to do with symptoms

ok bro, read up on the difference between a positive test and having COVID (a viral disease).

also, footballers are being tested routinely, nothing to do with symptoms
A positive result means you had coronavirus when the test was done;

If you test negative but someone in your bubble has a positive test you still need to isolate if you are a risk factor.

There is a percentage of tests that come back positive falsely.

Agreed, but they are treated the same. Even with a false positive rate as low as 0.5%

Only if you test positive and have symptoms can you be sure. BUT you still have to isolate.

Agreed, but they are treated the same. Even with a false positive rate as low as 0.5%

Only if you test positive and have symptoms can you be sure. BUT you still have to isolate.

Absolutely mate. Was just pointing this out because you said a positive test means you has coronavirus when test was done. It's not true in every single case especially in those who have already had it as the dead virus can be picked up by the test.

Absolutely mate. Was just pointing this out because you said a positive test means you has coronavirus when test was done. It's not true in every single case especially in those who have already had it as the dead virus can be picked up by the test.
of course, false positives when it community testing. But you still have to isolate.

If testing positive you are assumed to have coronavirus even if statistically 0.5% is a false positive. And Community infection might be as low as 6%.

of course, false positives when it community testing. But you still have to isolate.

If testing positive you are assumed to have coronavirus even if statistically 0.5% is a false positive. And Community infection might be as low as 6%.

Undertand that mate. I only replied as you said a positive test means you had coronavirus when test was done. I only pointed out that isn't always the case.

Of course the isolation is still required.

Undertand that mate. I only replied as you said a positive test means you had coronavirus when test was done. I only pointed out that isn't always the case.

Of course the isolation is still required.

sorry pal my mistake, should have said assumed to have, And isolation is required even if its a false positive.

Operation stop 9.75

Back