Scotland Under 21’s - 3 Positive COVID Cases

ok bro, read up on the difference between a positive test and having COVID (a viral disease).

also, footballers are being tested routinely, nothing to do with symptoms
I understand that footballers are being tested routinely, but still don't have a clue what you mean about "you're mixing up testing positive with actually having Covid".

Unless the test is screwed up, which can occasionally happen, you cannot test positive without having Covid.

As per the link below "A positive result means you had coronavirus when the test was done."

Your coronavirus (COVID-19) test result - NHS (www.nhs.uk)

I understand that footballers are being tested routinely, but still don't have a clue what you mean about "you're mixing up testing positive with actually having Covid".

Unless the test is screwed up, which can occasionally happen, you cannot test positive without having Covid.

As per the link below "A positive result means you had coronavirus when the test was done."

Your coronavirus (COVID-19) test result - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
PCR tests test for presence of the virus (or indeed similar coronaviruses). lots of people will have the virus in their nose and throat, but not develop the COVID disease. A positive test is not a case (it’s one of the ways this pandemic is unlike any others, that medical cases are being mixed up with people who test positive.. If that test was changed to a whole range of flu strains for example, they would find them in a whole range of people who aren’t unwell.

Remember i’m not arguing about what people need to do if they test positive, there’s a chance they might be infectious so isolate, fine with me. This conversation started about whether people can have COVID twice and i maintain there’s precious little evidence of reinfection. You can, however, test positive for the presence of the virus loads of times.

Back