Scotland v Brazil, France ‘98 - BBC Scotland 7.15pm

That squad is mental.

Leighton nearly 40 playing for Hibs who got relegated that season.
McKinlay and Jackson playing when had played 10 games between them if lucky.
Durie who was hopeless as well playing up front.

Watched this in Linekers bar in Las Americas, Tenerife. Great memories. Must've been almost the last time i cared how Scotland done. Nowadays i couldn't be less interested.
Likewise probably the last game I gave a #### about. Wasn’t long after the big Dunc disgrace if I’m recalling it right. Realised around that time football wise we were being done over. Never crossed my mind it would come to what we have now. Sorry I’m nearly on one

until it all went wrong for the final.

Still no idea how Ronaldo was allowed to play in that final.

Had a seizure the morning of the game, they were told by doctors he should not be playing and because he said he felt OK they hopped him up on drugs and played him. He spent the entire game 'drifting around in a daze', in his own words.

Still no idea how Ronaldo was allowed to play in that final.

Had a seizure the morning of the game, they were told by doctors he should not be playing and because he said he felt OK they hopped him up on drugs and played him. He spent the entire game 'drifting around in a daze', in his own words.
Nike.

By the time we played Morocco, I didn’t even bother watching it. I’d seen that film too many times before.

Booked a last minute week in Mallorca and was in the air heading south as Morocco were scudding us. Had a quiet chuckle when I found out the score at Palma Airport.

However, I do remember the feeling of really wanting Scotland to win. Seems a lifetime ago, as I wouldn’t cross the street to watch our national team now.

The brazil team coming out hand in hand.

If that wasnt enough to inspire the scotland team nothing was.

Darren Jackson and Jum Leighton. Just summed up the whole squad back then

Back